Wages

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's the main problem we won't or don't want to pay the wages.

No point worrying about it now. We won't be in the premier League next season and no player worth their salt will sign for us next month knowing they'll get a pay cut at the end of the season.

You can spend 500 million but if you don't pay players what they deserve(in the current market) you might as well play the u21's.

Besides we are shopping in England only. Ever seen a team do that for 4 years running?

We can't pay those wages but what we can do is be more shrewd in our recruitment.

Wilder has failed on that this lately and for the amount of money pissed away he could have got players just as good if not better for less.

That best transfer window ever quote could haunt him forever.

We’ve got to start paying top wages to get the top players in premier league, £20,000 a week is nothing for top players thats why we are where we are. Players will come to the Lane if we pay good wages, if we don’t we don’t improve which is proving to be the case, we are buying championship players.

Is 20k p/w our highest paid player?

We cant just change the wage structure. What happens when we get relegated? We're then fucked. Players won't sign with a big relegation wage drop when you're favourites to go down. They'd insist on release clauses.

The problem is where we shop. He'll only shop for British players. British players demand higher wages than almost every other nationality.

The wage structure is the problem, always has been and because any new potential investor is shown in the way of S6 due to the Sheffield Council, Media and other sources, we will always struggle to find the gem that we need, unfortunately.

I guarantee when the accounts come out we are not paying 20k a week wages. It will be much much higher than that.

might be a low wage budget but agents won’t let players sign contracts in the PL for that, and definitely not 20m plus signings.

They might be low comparatively but over it’s a Smoke screen imo. This issue is our recruitment for the main has been TRASH

Rubbish.

There were many good options out of contract.

Welbeck instead of Brewster 24m
Sturridge instead of Burke 6m
Joe Hart instead of Ramsdale 18m
Jack Wilshere instead of Berge 21m

Just to name 4.

If you dish out 80k a week to a player over 2 years, its 8.2mill. For someone like Sturridge/Welbeck where no fee is needed its far far cheaper than McBurnie, or even Mousset and we're getting an experienced PL player.

Its not a fee vs wages thing, its about how you split them. 12mill on a free player over 3 years is a FAR better investment than 24m on a fee + wages over 3 years.

We won’t pay astronomical wages but then it’s down to smart recrtuiment.

Posted this in another thread but have a look at the teams wages allegedly.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/sheffield-united-fc/payroll/
I struggle to believe any of that to be honest ignoring the fact that it will be confidential info. "Lundstrom", Baldock and Stevens all on 4k a week while Jagielka takes home 50k

Jayden Bogle at 20 without a Premier league appearance being paid 16k a week and Robinson the higher paid of the two LCBs called Jack 😂😂

HRH/SUFC can not afford it.
Harsh reality is that we cannot compete financially in the PL, & along with numerous others we will never be anything other than trying to be no worse than 4th from bottom! Unless someone with hundreds of millions buys us, who will invest accordingly then we can never compete. Season after season the gap to the PL gets bigger & cf 2007 it is a chasm.

Sad to say it, but it is non footballing issues [ie financial = Sky -sponsorship -rich owner etc] that ultimately decide where you will ply your trade.

Kinda embarrassing that stoke could attract the likes of shaqiri and arnautovic and we can't signed 1 quality player. No point in signing any quality now as we are as good as relegated so just have to prepare for the championship
I think Stoke are owned by the owner of BET365, so plenty of money there!

I’d heard John Egan was our top earner on £40k a week, which is completely at odds with the list varkanoid linked to above but it was from a credible person I heard

John Egan on 40k? I can't see that.

& there's me thinking we were a big City club (potential fan base is huge) that could actually mirror this fact in ambition.
And who will pay for this ? Who is the mega rich person who will do this ? Mayne we just need a manager who can recruit the right players for this level and technically improve them by excellent coaching?

Back
Top Bottom