Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 29th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609156250102.png v. 1609156257794.png
EPL Week 16 - Tuesday 29th December 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.524/

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Michael Oliver
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 17.52.12.png
📺 Live TV Coverage:

Last edited:

defence is crap but a midfield of Osborn and Ampadu should not be starting a premier league game, no creativity or nous, we’ve spent 100m+ should not be having that midfield, and yes I know we have injuries but still...

Before Woods header, a long crossfield ball was allowed to be chested down unchallenged.
It travelled a long way.

I‘m fairly certain ampadu doesn’t jump for that ball. Just stands there and let’s the opposition smoother him.
He does I’ve watched it back Ben mee nearly snaps his ankles with his movement which just shouldn’t happen

Get Baldock off now for Bogle...time after time after rime after time he wastes the ball when in a good position

Fed up of these commentators. "Familiar sinking feeling for Chris Wilder" which has been said 100X already and then stating that Ben Mee hasn't scored in the PL for an age and then you just know what is going to happen...

On the plus side, Basham looking very good as always and looks like they've been told to get ball to Brewster more.

The first thing Wilder does when we concede now is run to the monitor to get a first look at blame apportionment. I can understand that but it’s sad to see.

defence is crap but a midfield of Osborn and Ampadu should not be starting a premier league game, no creativity or nous, we’ve spent 100m+ should not be having that midfield, and yes I know we have injuries but still...
Our midfield is Quickly killing us....we are well short even of a top 6 champ team...they are truly awful.

ducking get back to basics and the mid that knows each other and how they played last year, at least they’ll be some consistency. At the minute with all this swapping and changing no one knows What the hell they‘re doing.

Can't believe Burke isn't playing against these. It's crying out for his passing.. We're so static around their box.

The club should fine any player that ends the game with more passes backwards than forwards.... I think only Bash, Goldie and Rammers would survive without a fine!

The amount of fear that exists in the team is astonishing, I know sport is very much a confidence thing but this is another level of nonsense.

Get Baldock off now for Bogle...time after time after rime after time he wastes the ball when in a good position
He’s got to be dropped sorry to say, he simply doesn’t do enough with the number of attacks that come through him. That peach from Egan he controlled well and only had to lay it be to Dids in aches of space but he checks back and loses it

The good news is we have some impact subs to bring on 🤔🤔🤔🍕🍕

Didzy is our most ‘Prem’ player by far. A player released from ipswich...

Baldock has the energy, the effort and is easily one of the most passionate Blades but it is so frustrating to watch him stop a run and turn to play it backwards. Maybe it is time for Bogle to show some more attacking intent down that wing.

All this sucking Burnley’s cock pre game!
I’ll tell you what... they’ve definitely learned how to shithouse all these years they’ve avoided relegation!
Hope we turn this around.
And... why didn’t we get the foul just outside the box on Brewster early doors?

We’re not looking bad except for conceding stupid goals and having very little cutting edge up front.
Burnley though...fook me what a grim team.
looks like another narrow tragic loss on the cards

We're so slow on the ball. When commentators can pick your failing of the last 30 odd games so quickly, you know you're in trouble. It comes to a forward player who stops, turns back and their defence resets. Mousset had about 5 touches. Brewster more involved but a mix of good and bad.

Stevens has been really good. Ransdale made two very good saves but that cross was his for the goal. I don't care who is blocking you, just shove them out the way. Refs don't give fouls against keepers. Ampadu and Robinson look slow, weak and keep giving the ball away.

Whatever you do DON’T change formation. There’s got to be some combination of these players that works..,

Had to turn this off, I can’t actually watch it....those commentators are actual dog crap.

It might not have been a penalty but it was a corner. Goal kick given. Ball goes down other end. Goal.

Back
Top Bottom