TEAM v Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bogle has never played in the middle and yet you want him to have his first ever start in the Premier League in centre mid? In a game we have to win. A position, I'd guess, he's never even trained in. It's not Football Manager.

Obviously need to try something different.
Verrips / Ramsdale (don't really think it matters)
Bash Egan Jags
. Ampadu
Bogle Norwood McG Osborn Stevens
. Moose (Billy last 20)

Or

Verrips / Ramsdale (don't really think it matters)
Baldock Egan Jags Steven's
. Bash
Bogle Norwood McG Osborn
. Moose (Billy last 20)

If McBurnie starts, forget midfield and stick on the 5 defenders from last week (Jags in stead of Robinson) a token midfield pair Ampadu and Osborn midfielder with McB McG and Moose upfront in any position you like

Hi Stegosaurus here,

The current formation isn't working. I would fiddle with things.

Verrips

Balcock Egan Bash Stevens

Bogle Osborne Norwood

McGoldrick

McBurnie Burke

I ran this formation through FM 2020 in the League Cup and it got us a 2-0 win over Tranmere, so it's already better than anything else we've done this season.
We need more than a ballcock to get this shit to flush!

I love basham to bits but more and more im realising hes not a commanding defender.
Everton wouldn't have scored their goal if Egan was under it. Basham gets no power in his headers.
Or Ramsdale came off his line to catch the ball as no Everton forward was anywhere near

It's meant to stop snowing soon. Hardly likely to be off

Burnley might be missing their creativity in midfield as they were against Leeds. If so, they looked entirely toothless so the danger is from Wood and Barnes. Against Palace, I'd be tempted to play Baldock at RCB and push Bash up into midfield, but we need the height against Burnley. Indeed, without Lunny and Berge we look like a team of short-arses. Made even worse if McBurnie can't start (He's injured but we're going to get taken apart on set pieces without him). Baldock looks like he could use a rest and I think Burke won't be fit, so

I'd go:

---------------Ramsdale
-----Bogle---Bash---Egan---Robinson---Stevens
------------Ampadu-----Osborn
-------------------McGoldrick
-----------McBurnie-----Mousset

Ramsdale
Baldock---Basham---Egan---Stevens
Norwood---Ampadu
Bogle--------Didzy-------Burke
Mousset​
All our best players on the pitch. Swap Mousset for McB at 60 mins. Fleck can replace one of the midfield 3, Bash can move into DM if a sub is needed in midfield

This might be the only game where we have close to 50% possession. So based on that,
Ramsdale
Bash Egan amps
Bogle(Baldock needs a rest) Norwood (last chance) fleck (if fit) enda
Didzy
Burke (if fit) mcburnie(if fit)
A lot of ifs and buts, the front 2 could be anyone out of the fit strikers and I don't think it will make much difference. Just not sharp and mcburnie.

Ramsdale
Baldock---Basham---Egan---Stevens
Norwood---Ampadu
Bogle--------Didzy-------Burke
Mousset​
All our best players on the pitch. Swap Mousset for McB at 60 mins
I also like this, but I don't think cw will change from the back 3 unfortunately

From CW's mouth - Mousset can't start a game i.e. he's incapable of lasting through 45 minutes of football.
Despite that, I quite like the idea of Moose starting, with Billy off the bench to see us home after Didsy puts us 2 nil up.
Oops, daydreaming again, sorry

If you consider the crap we are in because JOCs injury wasn’t picked up early enough, playing Burke or McBurnie when they are carrying injuries is a dangerous game to play.

Bogle has never played in the middle and yet you want him to have his first ever start in the Premier League in centre mid? In a game we have to win. A position, I'd guess, he's never even trained in. It's not Football Manager.
There's a lot of people putting Bogle in midfield.
He played really well last week, one of the best on the pitch. I think people are keen to get him on, rather than keep him out because naldock is there.
I think finding a place where he can operate is worth investigating

From CW's mouth - Mousset can't start a game i.e. he's incapable of lasting through 45 minutes of football.
I get the impression Wilder really doesn't like Mousse and Wilder is being quite stubborn in not selecting him. Yes it seems that Lys is made of broken biscuits and looking very large at the moment but he is the only 'striker' we have that looks like unsettling premier league defences. Him and Didz generally link up well so like others have said probably better to get 45 minutes of Mousse and get a lead in a game and then bring him off - rather than keep it tight offering nothing up front, go 1 nil down and then bring him on for the last 15 minutes.

well start him and just play him first half he might just score a couple and give us something to hang on to owts worth a shot now

We’re not going to see anything radical like a 4-4-2

it’ll be the regular formation or the variation with didzy in the number 10 role

Is ThAt A pIg ShIrT yOuRe WeArInG

Obviously a fairweather fan, and not really a United fan at all.

At least if we do go down, (and I still believe we can stay up), you will go and support some other club, so why don't you jump ship early and do us all a favour.

Obviously a fairweather fan, and not really a United fan at all.

At least if we do go down, (and I still believe we can stay up), you will go and support some other club, so why don't you jump ship early and do us all a favour.
HAHAHAHAHA, get in the real world

Reyt fairweather fan me, with my 15 year run of season tickets, including a 6 year stint in League one 😂

Hoping to see Rodwell and/or Verrips. Just for something different to watch ey.

To be fair I'd probably be alreyt with seeing Knilly starting at this point

I get the impression Wilder really doesn't like Mousse and Wilder is being quite stubborn in not selecting him. Yes it seems that Lys is made of broken biscuits and looking very large at the moment but he is the only 'striker' we have that looks like unsettling premier league defences. Him and Didz generally link up well so like others have said probably better to get 45 minutes of Mousse and get a lead in a game and then bring him off - rather than keep it tight offering nothing up front, go 1 nil down and then bring him on for the last 15 minutes.

Can we afford to though? We already have to pull McGoldrick off at some stage, we can't have two players we have to take off. That leaves very little room foe any other substitutions for injury or poor form.

Back
Top Bottom