TEAM v Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't want to knock the kid, he's only 20 and has a long career ahead of him, but I wouldn't have Brewster in the starting 11 at the moment, total passenger

For what it's worth I'd go

Ramsdale

(back 4)
Baldock
Egan
Basham
Stevens

Bogle (RM)
Norwood
Osborn
Burke (LM)

Mcgoldrick
Mousset

I don't want to knock the kid, he's only 20 and has a long career ahead of him, but I wouldn't have Brewster in the starting 11 at the moment, total passenger

Ramsdale

(back 4)
Baldock
Egan
Basham
Stevens

Bogle (RM)
Norwood
Osborn
Burke (LM)

Mcgoldrick
Mousset

Agreed with that except would have Verrips in for Ramsdale and Rodwell in for Osborne as Rodwell can drop back into the back 5 if required.

Osborne is a trier but runs around like a headless chicken and has no PL quality or pedigree.

Wilder won't pick Bogle as he's afraid of being proved wrong again, and dropping Ramsdale would be an admission he made a mistake in signing him.

We might draw this one if we're lucky.

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Robinson Stevens

And some others probably.

Somebody pointed out we may have to use McB for his defensive capabilities, I grudgingly accept this.
Might be tempted to use Jagielka for Robinson, rest of the back 6 as you were.
Bogle and Osborn either side of #sighs Ampadu and hope he can put a performance in, Norwood (the alternative) just isn't showing enough at the moment.
Got to be McG and McB or if we're looking for a goal Mousset.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

The current formation isn't working. I would fiddle with things.

Verrips

Balcock Egan Bash Stevens

Bogle Osborne Norwood

McGoldrick

McBurnie Burke

I ran this formation through FM 2020 in the League Cup and it got us a 2-0 win over Tranmere, so it's already better than anything else we've done this season.

-----------------Ramsdale-------------------
Baldock----Egan-----Ampadu----Stevens
------------------Basham--------------------
-----------Bogle---------Osborn------------
-------------------Didsy----------------------
------------Burke-------McBurnie----------

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Robinson
Baldock Stevens
Bogle McGoldrick Osborn
Burke McBurnie

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Stevens
Bogle Ampadu Fleck Osborn
McGoldrick Mousset

Oli McBurnie returned ahead of schedule on Boxing Day but suffered a bruising collision.
Wilder was expecting the striker to be out for another week or two following a shoulder injury suffered at Southampton but played having had an injection

-----------------Ramsdale-------------------
Baldock----Egan-----Ampadu----Stevens
------------------Basham--------------------
-----------Bogle---------Osborn------------
-------------------Didsy----------------------
------------Burke-------McBurnie----------
This is interesting 👍

Ramsdale

(back 4)
Baldock
Egan
Basham
Stevens

Bogle (RM)
Norwood
Osborn
Burke (LM)

Mcgoldrick
Mousset

Back 4!!! Wtf is wrong with you, that's just weird

Ramsdale
Baldock - Egan - Ampadu - Stevens
Bogle - Basham - Fleck - Osborn
McGoldrick
Burke​
Best suggestion so far IMO. I also want Basham in midfield. Worth a go in an attempt to get more compact and competitive, more difficult and frustrating to play against. With Bogle and Osborn in wide midfield we may restrict the amount of crosses Burnley get in. Hope Burke is fit. Maybe Fleck will enjoy a slightly more holding role too.

Where are people getting this idea that Jayden Bogle, a 20 year old right back, should be starting Premier League games in CM?
I keep seeing this being suggested and wonder what planet they’re on. If Bogle is playing anywhere it’s right back, right wing back or right midfield. He is NEVER going to play centrally.

Also, people are advocating Ampadu at CB against Chris Wood? Not a chance I wouldn’t have thought

Ramsdale

Baldock Bash Egan Robinson Stevens

Bogle Ampadu Fleck Osborn

McGoldrick

(on the basis that Burke and McBurnie are indeed injured)

I keep seeing this being suggested and wonder what planet they’re on. If Bogle is playing anywhere it’s right back, right wing back or right midfield. He is NEVER going to play centrally.

Also, people are advocating Ampadu at CB against Chris Wood? Not a chance.

While not ideal, I'd sacrifice Basham's height at the back for his energy and enthusiasm in midfield. Not sure there's too much difference between Ampadu and Robinson in the air.

While not ideal, I'd sacrifice Basham's height at the back for his energy and enthusiasm in midfield. Not sure there's too much difference between Ampadu and Robinson in the air.
In a back three I’d be happy with Ampadu, but in a two I think they’d target him and expose him. I don’t think he concentrates well enough to be relied upon there.

Would love to see Bash in midfield but I don’t see how it’s really possible without a major sacrifice at the back. At this stage it’s probably worth a go though.

I honestly don't think it matters who plays tbh. I worry that our squad just isn't up to it.

Rammers isn't good enough, we don't have 4 good defenders let alone 5. Our midfield is horrendous and our strikers can't score..........

Come on blades prove me wrong!!

Back
Top Bottom