Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 7th November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1604585800720.png v.1604585807585.png
EPL Week 8 - Saturday 7th November 2020 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.516/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
Video Assistant Referee: Kevin Friend
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Beck

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 14.27.10.png

I must be a happy clapper, but that first half is a vast improvement on last week.
Thank fuck for that! There's me thinking I'd got a different game on to the rest of the forum. It's not that bad we've made a couple of mistakes and Brewster is out of his depth (for now) but all week almost everybody has had him in their teams. Stick Sharp on for Brewster which is how it should've started.

The blades - It’s like watching a person swim 1000 miles only for them to drown in the english channel. Swimming the distance is impressive but no one is celebrating afterwards.

The negative posters are loving this aren't they. Chelsea only spent £200m Inthe summer, so yeah we should be bossing this.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I must be a happy clapper, but that first half is a vast improvement on last week. Doing plenty going forward.

Not great defending to be honest, but that aside, loads of positives.

We might get something here. Next goal is crucial.
Who said we should be bossing it? I’d settle for 3 passes to feet in a row.

Brewster has not done a single thing wrong. He looks well. Kit is immaculate. Tucked in. Socks up. Nice boots. He even has Mousset eyes... Losing narrowly is not that bad.... No one said ever....

Ramsdale's an issue but Brewster is abigger problem. The money was very adventurous for a player who hasn't done it above Championship level.

That said, I trust he'll make me eat my words before the final whistle.

COYRAWW

That’s our £40 million on show. Supposedly.Really hope the lads can kick on.

The first quality cross Norwood puts in and no one is gambling. There’s another goal for us in this game if we keep pressing up the pitch.
Keep pressing? There's only Mcgoldrick with the balls to do it. Really worried about Brewster. Looks laboured and doesn't make forward runs when we are in possession. Might be a finisher but guess we'll have to wait to find out. Lowe and Ramsdale like rabbits in the headlights. Still in it but need to up it collectively.

Why didn't wilder make sure joc was replaced he plays in these matches we don't concede .

We look decent at times and we will trouble teams my worry is we're conceding we wasn't last year

You know,if you are most likely to lose a game (Liverpool,Man C,Chelsea),have a fuckin go,if the plan is to look after goal difference wont matter a fuck if you dont have any points.

Good to see Max Lowe have a shot from outside the area.

Brewster done nothing again, said it last week how long do you put players in to just get game time? Sadly he is not good enough, hope I’m wrong but we have nothing going forward. Sad☹️ CW said we needed 2 goal scorers in the window and what did we get?

We're playing with fear and showing them a bit too much respect again.

Understandable considering the circumstances but we need to have more belief and confidence in ourselves.

Get Burke on for Brewster and we could get a result here.

COYRAWW!

⚔️
I do believe this, i’d like to see Burke have some game time 👍🏻👍🏻

You know,if you are most likely to lose a game (Liverpool,Man C,Chelsea),have a fuckin go,if the plan is to look after goal difference wont matter a fuck if you dont have any points.

Good to see Max Lowe have a shot from outside the area.
And those teams are dropping points this year, they aren’t the dead rubber some make them out to be

We're playing with fear and showing them a bit too much respect again.

Understandable considering the circumstances but we need to have more belief and confidence in ourselves.

Get Burke on for Brewster and we could get a result here.

COYRAWW!

⚔️
Agree - I’d match the up and go 4-3-3 with Burke Brewster and Didsy up top

Brewster done nothing again, said it last week how long do you put players in to just get game time? Sadly he is not good enough, hope I’m wrong but we have nothing going forward. Sad☹️ We needed 2 goal scorers in the window!
23.5 million striker, he looks more like a 23.5p striker

We’ve spent over £100 million over 2 seasons. We shouldn’t be this ineffectual.

When you’re spending money like we are, it becomes difficult to plead poverty.
I think a longer term view has to be taken on this. Their £200m was on building on a squad that was worth many millions but our £100m over 1-2 years was on a squad that was Championship level. Had we both started from the same level then the comparison would be fairer...

Sorry, disagree completely. There is a clear change in our approach. There’s never an attempt to play out from the back, and we play as though we don’t practice passing to marked players and building from the back in training.
I'm not sure what you're point is. You completely disagree. So you do think we have the technical ability? Or you think we are deliberately hitting it long despite not starting our only target man? Confused.

I'm not sure what you're point is. You completely disagree. So you do think we have the technical ability? Or you think we are deliberately hitting it long despite not starting our only target man? Confused.
That it isn’t a plan to hoof. It clearly is.

Ramsdale got lucky not coming for a free kick 2 yards out, when they hit the bar. Then repeated the same error, when Chilwell scored. Gutless

Rather have sharp on the pitch, Brewster needs to come off. If your not getting played the ball, you’ve got to hunt for it. He’s doing nothing to help himself.

This rhetoric that we are dangerous from set pieces is hilarious.

There’s not one other team that I’d be more comfortable defending set pieces from than us

Ramsdale is the problem. Our goalkeeper needs to make good saves (not amazing, but good) in every Premier League game for us to have a chance of earning any points, and ours can't. Abraham's shot for the first Chelsea goal gets saved by most goal keepers in this division and the second Chelsea goal gets dealt with by the vast majority of Championship goalkeepers.

Every time I've seen him he looks nervous, slow moving, indecisive and is too frequently in bad positions. We need better, he's poor for this level and will see us relegated.

Back
Top Bottom