McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Exactly. Burke will stretch a defence with his pace and not look like scoring but people cream themselves. McB will dominate a defence and allow us to have possession higher up the pitch, and the same people just write that off. McGoldrick didnt look like scoring last year, but we appreciated his OTHER contributions and how it allowed us to not be pinned to our box.
People have been praising Brewster for his runs off the ball against liverpool.

Theres an agenda amongst a few on the forum, and it doesnt really matter anymore what he does if it isnt a goal. And when he does score, they'll carry on regardless because they just dont like him.

And stop with the 20million because its immaterial now. We judge based on our other strikers, its not hard.
Great post. Hit the nail on the head 👏

I think he'll score more this season than Billy, Burke, McGoldrick and Mousset. There's a chance that Brewster will outscore him if he's any good.

That's not a ringing endorsement by any means, he needs some practice at putting the ball in the back of the net because he's probably cost us a few points this season already with poor finishing technique.

I think we might regret not signing a natural goalscorer to play alongside him...the old big man fast man partnership.

Brewster may be that player but he's clearly going to take time to get up to speed and Burke looks promising until he gets a sight of goal.

Lot of work to do on the training ground as these are our strikers for the foreseeable future.

Erm:

2020-10-26 13_13_54-'You've signed a natural born goalscorer' - Liverpool stars deliver their ...png

I checked the league table: there’s no column for ariel duels won, unfortunately.

it’s not enough.
It has honestly become an obsession with more than a few, and used to excuse significant deficiencies in other key areas where you want, nay need, your CF to be at least competent.

UTB

Anyone who think he’s a useless donkey watch this

As soon as he gets one he’ll get plenty

9 goals in 17 games at Barnsley voted player of season when only there a few months, all he needs is that little bit of luck and the goals will flow, look at the stick Bamford got last season, scores against us with his nose!

9 goals in 17 games at Barnsley voted player of season when only there a few months, all he needs is that little bit of luck and the goals will flow, look at the stick Bamford got last season, scores against us with his nose!
Using the same argument 23 in 42 for Sharp in the Championship.
McBurnie is not going to suddenly recover his shooting boots by keeping playing him, it hasn't happened so far and his confidence is shot. Bring him on for 20 or 30 minutes when defenders are more tired or do something different from the same old thing over and over.

Great point.

But to muddy the waters, some people that do defend him have separate agendas against other players (like Billy Sharp) who can do no right for them.

Objectivity across the board would be great. I fear that is just a naive pipe dream though.
I don't have an agenda against Sharp at all. I don't think he's good enough to be getting regular minutes in the Premier League based on his contributions since we went up.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. But whenever I've seen him my opinion is that he's not able to effect the game

Looks to have lost a lot of pace and agility since then though.

I don't have an agenda against Sharp at all. I don't think he's good enough to be getting regular minutes in the Premier League based on his contributions since we went up.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. But whenever I've seen him my opinion is that he's not able to effect the game
Wasn’t a go at you.

We know our strikers are not the best. If Aguero, Jimenez, Son and Salah were on the books then they would all be gone with no complaints from most.

But we have spent what we can afford and have to play the cards we are dealt.

Of course they are not beyond critical analysis but I really don’t like the language used by some when talking about our players. Defending one player to the hilt whilst Slagging off everything another one does with no objectivity.

Abusive and disrespectful slurs (think McShitty) really don’t sit right with me when referring to our own players.

Wasn’t a go at you.

We know our strikers are not the best. If Aguero, Jimenez, Son and Salah were on the books then they would all be gone with no complaints from most.

But we have spent what we can afford and have to play the cards we are dealt.

Of course they are not beyond critical analysis but I really don’t like the language used by some when talking about our players. Defending one player to the hilt whilst Slagging off everything another one does with no objectivity.

Abusive and disrespectful slurs (think McShitty) really don’t sit right with me when referring to our own players.
I didn't think you were having a go at me personally. Just wanted to get my point across about Sharp.

I 100% agree on the language being used. People seem personally offended by our players

McBurnie 3 starts, minutes played 90, 22, 16, 34, 90, 90.
I understand Wilder saying how good he is because nobody needs to hear the truth as it will only knock the man's confidence more.
The good thing is he bolsters the defence but we need goals now! We must have the pairing most likely to score on the pitch from the start, if it's McBurnie plus one other play that pairing but at the moment I'm not confident of McB or Burke scoring if a chance came to either of them.

There was an article on net this weekend by Tony Cascarino saying it's disgusting some fans calling for Wilder's head, if he's seen posts it's odds on CW & his team will see them also it's demoralising for them to read when giving their best. I feel some people don't realise how we're blessed to have CWAK and as soon as things go slightly wrong they are up in arms, I'll tell you now CW is one that will say FUCK IT and walk don't let him, come on who'd REPLACE him?

But whenever I've seen him my opinion is that he's not able to effect the game
I've just watched the extended highlights of the Wolves game (couldn't face it before now) and I'd say Sharp was the most effective striker we had on the pitch based on those highlights, ok that's not the whole picture but he was the most involved, finished nicely and although was ineffective aerially we didn't win a lot in the air the whole game.

I've just watched the extended highlights of the Wolves game (couldn't face it before now) and I'd say Sharp was the most effective striker we had on the pitch based on those highlights, ok that's not the whole picture but he was the most involved, finished nicely and although was ineffective aerially we didn't win a lot in the air the whole game.
71F40F60-2254-413B-BE82-8A7AF46969C2.jpeg

but DronnieBlade apart from the 2 of us everybody else seems to be saying he's done and I don't understand this. Is it a snowball effect one one person says it and others follow without thinking? I don't want to say it but yes EPL wise he's the best of a bad bunch (given Mousset is injured) but these guys would smash the Championship which shows the gulf in class between the two.

but DronnieBlade apart from the 2 of us everybody else seems to be saying he's done and I don't understand this. Is it a snowball effect one one person says it and others follow without thinking? I don't want to say it but yes EPL wise he's the best of a bad bunch (given Mousset is injured) but these guys would smash the Championship which shows the gulf in class between the two.
It doesn’t sit well that his legs went 3 years ago.

Except they didn’t and a boatload of goals ensued that added to the custard pies dished out season after season 😀

Remains our most complete outright CF and our best chance of goals.

Put him alongside Dids or an up to speed Brewster, and feel the difference.

UTB

I just don't understand why so many people seem to have a visceral hatred for him. You can see it in the language used. It's not your money that the club spent on him.
It’s the same formula every time.

Someone makes a snap judgement and somebody else calls them out on it. They double down on their judgement and get called out again.

A festering grudge develops between posters.

Something happens that can be spun to reinforce either the initial judgement or the alternative view - so it’s posted as ‘PROOF!’ or FACT. It’s called out again.

Continue to rinse and repeat. Insults are thrown. Infractions handed out. One party makes a judgement on something else and the whole thing starts again.

Fills the gaps between games and transfer windows I suppose.

There was an article on net this weekend by Tony Cascarino saying it's disgusting some fans calling for Wilder's head, if he's seen posts it's odds on CW & his team will see them also it's demoralising for them to read when giving their best. I feel some people don't realise how we're blessed to have CWAK and as soon as things go slightly wrong they are up in arms, I'll tell you now CW is one that will say FUCK IT and walk don't let him, come on who'd REPLACE him?

I don't think anyone with an IQ in the positive figures is calling for Wilder's head.

A festering grudge develops between posters.
This does happen and shouldn't. I've argued with people and then sided with them in the following thread and vice versa, occasionally somebody acts dickheaded enough to earn a block but great that's the end of you seeing their comments. I know I've been blocked, good for them but I'll stand by any of my comments none of them are wind ups.
edit: no wind ups but some may be jokes that fall down or fly too high.

Point taken.
He affected the game away at Bournemouth and at home v Norwich, last game pre lockdown.

Point taken.
He affected the game away at Bournemouth and at home v Norwich, last game pre lockdown.
He is capable of scoring goals around the 6 yard box. That's his thing. But he's not bringing much else.

It depends what you're looking for in your CF. None of ours have everything we need

Do you think many people would still choose him over Maupay? Or Watkins, or Callum Wilson for that matter?
Unfortunately no they are all hitting the back of the net regular .Watkins has already scored about the same as McBurnie in six games to McBurnies 47 games.Some are saying fans do not like him as a person that is complete rubbish I am sure he is a great bloke but he is no good at hitting the net.Some say if it was McGoldrick putting in his work rate we would be praising him .Now how much did we pay for McGoldrick ?About 19million999,999 pounds less.I understand he works hard and helps out the defence and he is good at it but looking at our scoring record and him being our main striker it is there for all to see he is failing in his main job and if we continue to expect him to be our main striker we will be in the championship next year.Our lack of fire power HAS to be addressed and the only way to fix it is to change our striker .I really hope he proves me wrong ,no body would be more pleased than me but he has had a full season now to get to grips with his role and i am afraid he has failed.

He is capable of scoring goals around the 6 yard box. That's his thing. But he's not bringing much else.

It depends what you're looking for in your CF. None of ours have everything we need
He brings us HOPE that there is a chance that we might score.When we played McBurnie and Burke at Liverpool when we were chasing the game there was no hope of us scoring.That's the difference between Sharp and our other strikers.

He brings us HOPE that there is a chance that we might score.When we played McBurnie and Burke at Liverpool when we were chasing the game there was no hope of us scoring.That's the difference between Sharp and our other strikers.
That's just a narrative though. And personally I don't feel like that. He's scored 3 goals from open play in 1200 PL minutes

What's going on Carlts? Saying he doesn't bring much else take a look at the Wolves game extended highlights.

Back
Top Bottom