McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I know McBurnie has taken some stick in recent weeks but I thought tonight's performance was as complete as you will see from an opposition striker at Anfield this season. He isn't in the team to score 30 goals he's in there to hold up the play, win headers and work hard and I thought he did all of that brilliantly. He was the reason we had more success out wide as he was keeping Gomez and Fabinho occupied in the middle winning headers, causing confusion and exposing both Liverpool full backs. Yes I'd love him to start scoring more but if he plays like that every week he will create so many opportunities for his strike partner which will hopefully be an in form Brewster or Moose. Plenty to be encouraged by tonight including Osborn at LWB and Berge as usual. Just dont look at the table! UTB

He's a donkey that misses chance after chance after chance. Working hard is not enough at this level.
He did well today i am not his biggest fan but i cant slag him today , speaking of missing chances , McGoldrick when he 1st came on , Burke when Mcburnie headered it to him late on , so he's not he only one , i honestly believe the last 15 mins we should have gone hoof ball aiming for McBurnie .

He did well today i am not his biggest fan but i cant slag him today , speaking of missing chances , McGoldrick when he 1st came on , Burke when Mcburnie headered it to him late on , so he's not he only one , i honestly believe the last 15 mins we should have gone hoof ball aiming for McBurnie .

He's not good enough

McBurnie (as I told Wilder earlier) needs to be on the bench. He's out of form, needs a rest he looked like he was hiding second half and still got a full game. I think McG would be best placed to replace him but any of our strikers would do but he'll score and come good again.

I know McBurnie has taken some stick in recent weeks but I thought tonight's performance was as complete as you will see from an opposition striker at Anfield this season. He isn't in the team to score 30 goals he's in there to hold up the play, win headers and work hard and I thought he did all of that brilliantly. He was the reason we had more success out wide as he was keeping Gomez and Fabinho occupied in the middle winning headers, causing confusion and exposing both Liverpool full backs. Yes I'd love him to start scoring more but if he plays like that every week he will create so many opportunities for his strike partner which will hopefully be an in form Brewster or Moose. Plenty to be encouraged by tonight including Osborn at LWB and Berge as usual. Just dont look at the table! UTB
We should have kept Leon Clarke then, Paying £20m for a striker just to hold it up is kinda pointless

By far and away his best performance of the year and great tactical nous by Wilder just to explot their defensive frailties.

However, still far from good enough at this level. I do think he has the potential though, but his big chance was laughably badly bungled.

Thought he was pretty decent overall.

Bit more concerned though with whatever the fuck facial hear look he was going for
He'd dropped a bangers n mash (tash) in.😆. He did look weird without the beard.

McBurnie (as I told Wilder earlier) needs to be on the bench. He's out of form, needs a rest he looked like he was hiding second half and still got a full game. I think McG would be best placed to replace him but any of our strikers would do but he'll score and come good again.
In which case, he has been out of form for 90+% of the time he has been on the grass.

Categorically NGE and for all reasons i have been saying for some time.

None of which has anything to do with his socks or his questionable dress sense. Footballing reasons. Basic footballing reasons.

The real question on the table must now be how long the gaffer is prepared to persist

He isn’t afraid to jettison players early. That much is clear based on transfer activity over the last 2-3 years.

That said, I have a funny feeling I will be critiquing McBurine for some time yet !!!!

Hoping I’m wrong 😑.

UTB

Played well but "tonight's performance was as complete as you will see from an opposition striker at Anfield this season" might be going a bit too far!

He did well today and the first half was probably his best in a Blades shirt but a striker gets paid to put the ball in the back of the onion bag and he’s failing on this miserably. The limited chances he does have are fluffed.

Positive signs tonight but we can’t afford to miss our best chances, we paid a lot of money for him and he needs to start repaying it now.

Back
Top Bottom