Match Thread Southampton v. Sheffield United - 26th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SOUT
SOUT
SOUT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1595358464955.png v. 1595358473464.png
EPL Week 38 - Sunday 26th July 2020 - St Mary's Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/southampton-vs-sheffield-united.502/

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Additional Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Replacement Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 10.20.13.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 10.20.13.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

So if Moussett isn’t in the squad,do you reckon that’s it?

Seeing as it's looking like it's going to be difficult, but not impossible, to watch this last game of the season probably makes my decision easy.
After the game on Monday and following on from the Leicester game I really was in a 'can't be arsed to watch' mood and after what has been a truly unbelievable season, albeit petering out into a top 10 finish (I can't believe I've just typed that!) it has unfortunately become a non-event game..... and we can't even be there to congratulate the team on what they have achieved.

Onwards to season 2 in the EPL and hopefully CWAK can move us forward: onwards and upwards Blades 👍

Going to be a difficult game but hope we can pull out a win to end the season on a high, going into the break on a 3 game losing run wouldnt be the best way to enter a short off season and Id rather have a little momentum to start the next one.

No massive changed in the team for me but Fleck needs to come back in for Osborne and I wouldnt mind seeing Zivkovic get a decent run of 30 mins or so depending on how the game is panning out.

Ideal scenario we smash into em early lead convincingly 3-0 up with 30 mins to go and we give Jags, Leon & K Freeman a last run out for the club before they go off to pastures new (or retire)

Win this and we finish 8th. Before the MCFC ban overturn announcement 8th was the 'dream season' we were aiming for. No difference for me, if we finish 8th that should still be looked at as if we finished 8th and got into the Europa League. Heroic!

The last time we played at Southampton on the last day of the season we finished 9th.

View attachment 86293

The one and only time I’ve been to Southampton. I think, unless I’m completely forgetting things, that when we went ahead we theoretically had a chance of creeping into the playoffs? Hulse’s last game for us I believe.

Seeing as it's looking like it's going to be difficult, but not impossible, to watch this last game of the season probably makes my decision easy.
After the game on Monday and following on from the Leicester game I really was in a 'can't be arsed to watch' mood and after what has been a truly unbelievable season, albeit petering out into a top 10 finish (I can't believe I've just typed that!) it has unfortunately become a non-event game..... and we can't even be there to congratulate the team on what they have achieved.

Onwards to season 2 in the EPL and hopefully CWAK can move us forward: onwards and upwards Blades 👍

If it's on Sky Sports Mix and you have Sky, you can watch it. If you also have Sky Go you can watch it anywhere

T'penny'll drop. Give it time ;)

Many years ago on a now-defunct Blades forum (Viewpoints I think it was), you could temporarily change your user name to make it relevant to a specific post. For Example, Grammar Blade, when correcting grammar, Thread Police Blade etc. One used quite frequently was Obtuse Blade ;)

John Halls who we had on loan from Reading.

He's now a model for Armani.

John-Halls-Armani.jpg

The one and only time I’ve been to Southampton. I think, unless I’m completely forgetting things, that when we went ahead we theoretically had a chance of creeping into the playoffs? Hulse’s last game for us I believe.

Season 1991-1992, I believe, the last of the old First Division seasons before it turned into The "Worshipping at the altar of Mammon" League

Can’t find where I posted the table of payments from the Prem for each league place last season, but Swiss Ramble has basically done some calculations of this year’s likely cash for each place.

Seems the merit payment is only about £5m difference between 8th and 10th, and that we’ll be getting £130m-135m, with a possible £18m knocked off that due to the TV rebate.

Last edited:
Based on our last away performance at Leicester where we could have been thrashed,i expect us to be soundly thrashed this game at least 4-0 with an Ings hatrick,a good thrashing to end the season on.

I will repent my sins and self flagellate during August,if it happens.

Can’t find where I posted the table of payments from the Prem for each league place last season, but Swiss Ramble has basically done some calculations of this year’s likely cash for each place.

Seems the merit payment is only about £5m difference between 8th and 10th, and that we’ll be getting £130m-135m, with a possible £18m knocked off that due to the TV rebate.

Could anyone explain Facility Fees please?

Could anyone explain Facility Fees please?
Silent Blade .It's the percentage of live matches fee that you pay for the privelige of being on a global stage live and generating revenue for the broadcaster. Caveat - that is my understanding of it. How to make a profit.com.

we were in the playoffs for about 5 minutes after Quinn scored, then a goal in another game knocked us out again.

Southampton needed to win to stay up.

Back
Top Bottom