Match Thread Southampton v. Sheffield United - 26th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SOUT
SOUT
SOUT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1595358464955.png v. 1595358473464.png
EPL Week 38 - Sunday 26th July 2020 - St Mary's Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/southampton-vs-sheffield-united.502/

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Additional Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Replacement Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 10.20.13.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 10.20.13.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

So it's been a tough restart it seems for our lads, with some spectacular victories and piss poor defeats. This is somewhat of a dead rubber, with Arsenal's defeat at home to Watford meaning we finish 9th at worst. However it'd still be nice to ensure an 8th place finish, by securing victory at relatively poor at home Soton.

But anyway...

Any team news?

Is Lys fit? :D

Fleck to start?

Sharp definitely starting...

And thingy bob, erm, McBurnie....

It matters prize money wise, but it's not major now. Yes 4m is more than I have in my European bank accounts, but on the whole it's been a fantastic season. Really torn on a prediction here. 1-1 or a Blades victory 1-2.

UTB

Happy Always Sunny on the Last Game of the Season Day everyone

A win, a win, a win, a win.............

I really hope we can look a bit more like our natural selves today & get it together for one last game. This season has been very strange what with lock down & the restart with no crowds, as well as the drinks breaks & naming of 9 subs & being able to field 5 of them not doing us any favours whatsoever, but lets not forget that as well as some poor performances we have been able to "go to the well" a few times with good results v Spurs, Chelsea, Wolves & to an extent Burnley, but is there anything left at this point? I hope so.
A positive performance will do much to feed our enthusiasm for next season, a bad one will no doubt bring the doubters & naysayers out in force, but the worse case scenario of a 9th place finish is highly commendable & the least we deserve, so going for a 1-2 win for the Red & White Wizards.

Any squad news yet?
Obviously not team....

Leon Clarke on the bench.

Fuck it, I'm having a tenner on him to score the last goal.

Moose in the squad that got off the coach arriving at the ground....

No JOC, Norwood (bench), or McGoldrick.

Robinson in, Berge in the middle, Sharp starts.

Clarke on the bench. Has to surely get on...

I understand sky sports mix is now only available on smart phones and , as is befitting of a gentleman of my advancing years , I have no truck with these implements of the devil .:)

It also appears that it will not be sailing on my favourite small river so I am looking for kind souls who have more experience and knowledge of waterways than myself who can offer advice in this respect .

LEONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN With a crap face mask 😷 Probably come on late for a final goodbye .

1595773622055.png

I understand sky sports mix is now only available on smart phones and , as is befitting of a gentleman of my advancing years , I have no truck with these implements of the devil .:)

It also appears that it will not be sailing on my favourite small river so I am looking for kind souls who have more experience and knowledge of waterways than myself who can offer advice in this respect .
Channel 145 on Sky.

Got his phone out to see if that text from his agent comes through. ;)

Why is sky sports mix showing the build up to the Manchester and Leicester game?

Nothing much to play for today. Let's hope Ing's already on the beach. I'll settle for an entertaining game today, regardless of result.

Before we played Leicester we were in good form, scoring goals, dominating opponents and staying defensively tight. Leicester were in poor form, had an injury and suspension ravaged team. Everything on paper said a Blades win. We lost. Badly. We played badly. We couldn't score and we couldn't defend.

Today we play Southampton who are in good form, scoring goals and full of confidence. We're out of form, not scoring goals, we're not defending as well as we were and we've lost O'Connell, Osborn and Didsy from our starting line up and Moose from the bench. Everything on paper says a Saints win.

So, a big win for the Blades it will be! 🤷‍♂️😉

Back
Top Bottom