Match Thread Leicester City v. Sheffield United - 16th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LEIC
LEIC
LEIC

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1594584931045.png v. 1594584941248.png
EPL Week 36 - Thursday 16th July 2020 - King Power Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/leicester-city-vs-sheffield-united.500/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: Paul Tierney
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Replacement Official: Steven Meredith

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 21.16.11.png

Crap performance all round. Everyone bar Deano pretty much had a 'mare. The better team won. A deserved defeat.

I'm not going to slate the lads as we've had a fantastic season. That said, it goes to show how far we've come that I'd be gutted if Arsenal and Spurs finish above us given how poor they've been overall.

Distinctly below par for us, against a Leicester side that while not being overly impressive worked far harder than they did vs Bournemouth and looked far less shaky at the back with Morgan in there.

Jeez... wasn’t expecting that with the form we’ve been in!
Not a complete disaster though... a win at home against the Toffees and it’s all to play for on the season finale! UTB

Beat us at our own game here today IMO. Won every loose ball, closed us down quicker, wanted it more.

Still think we can win the remaining two; but i think our best hope is 7th now.

I disagree with that.

Leicester were happy to have less of the ball than they usually do, because they knew they were playing a side who is better off the ball than on it.
They wanted Blades to have the ball, because they knew they lacked creativity and could press them into basic mistakes.

Considering they had a fair few players out that was really poor.

Lundstram didnt look like he wanted to fight for a first team place when he came on. He just watched his man run past him on 3 separate occasions and passed the ball either backwards or to people needlessly under pressure like the 2nd goal.

Steven's was back to how he was the 3 games after lockdown as was Norwood.

It could have been 5 or 6 by the end, though both their goals came from nutmegging our centre backs which is unfortunate.

Everton looked awful tonight apparently.

I disagree with that.

Leicester were happy to have less of the ball than they usually do, because they knew they were playing a side who is better off the ball than on it.
They wanted Blades to have the ball, because they knew they lacked creativity and could press them into basic mistakes.
Tactics employed by the bad manager?

What’s your view on your manager today? Was his nationality wot won it.

He did his best to throw it away again.
Bringing on Choudhury for Perez, completely lost us momentum again, when we should have been going for 5 or 6.

Fortunately, we were against the weakest attack in the league, imo of course.

Saw some quotes earlier today saying that this was the biggest game in our history! Think to come out of that and only lose 2-0 is one of our best results this season. If they'd have knocked us for 6, we couldn't have had any complaints.

Bringing on Choudhury for Perez, completely lost us momentum again, when we should have been going for 5 or 6.

Alright, I liked you when you were saying you were shite

Personally, I think he’s one of the only managers to completely nullify our threat down the wings. We create limited chances, most of which come from that area, his tactics forced us to go down the middle and our attackers couldn’t trap a bag of sand tonight.

You should have already had 5 or 6

I disagree with that.

You mean, We? Pig.

Poor performance but Leicester were better, at every level and sometimes you just say you were beaten by the better team on the day and there's no shame in that.

Chin up lads!!

Unto the next one let's bounce back. And I know we will!

I'd like to see Berge in the Norwood role against Everton with Fleck and Lundstram in front. I'd say Luke Freeman instead of Lundstram but he's still injured.

I'd like to see Berge in the Norwood role against Everton with Fleck and Lundstram in front. I'd say Luke Freeman instead of Lundstram but he's still injured.

Norwood looked like he was playing in his slippers again today.

Back
Top Bottom