** CHANGE.ORG PETITION PLEASE SIGN **

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Does anyone else have a puzzled look on their face every time you read a post by FMBlade? Or is it just me that disagrees with pretty much everything he's ever said?

I think it’s sad and I don’t see the comment as snide. If it’s factual it shows the level or lack of in this instance support.

FM can bang on about other teams in other competitions but using change. Org, come on.

None of the people involved are going to tell the truth, they’re already hiding behind statements that contain nothing but arrogance and we’ll never get to know why Tierney decided to turn a blind eye, which is undoubtedly what he did.

More grubbiness from the PL and their minions. Nothing will change.

Nothing will change if people just accept it by doing nothing.
This is ridiculous. We have won back the respect and admiration of huge parts of the footballing world after our actions re the west ham debacle. We're almost universally admired and respected for what we've done this season. Something like this just makes us look sad, small and petty.

Add to that the fact that we were, to be honest, a bit shit on wednesday, and a point and clean sheet is a decent result when all's said and done (controversy aside).

It's shit, and I'm as mad about it as the next Blade, but we move on to Newcastle. Hopefully the fact that we've already played a competitive match, plus the (hopeful) return of the Scottish Messi, will give us the edge.

Since when should we give a **** what the footballing world thinks of us?

The top clubs in world football are hated by everyone else. I want us to be one of them.

Moral high ground and admiration doesn't provide European football, which we have never had in our history.

The top clubs in world football are hated by everyone else. I want us to be one of them.

Moral high ground and admiration doesn't provide European football, which we have never had in our history.

You're talking as if a replay and a win guarantee us european football. You might not give a shit about how we are regarded and actively want to join the ranks of the arrogant Premier League juggernauts with their legion of plastic fans who as you say are largely reviled but me and a lot of others aren't that keen. The only thing your proposal does guarantee is that we trade in any and all good standing to be widely and rightly mocked for a chance marginally improve our chances of playing in europe but could just as easily blow up in our faces

It's like going into the bookies, ripping off your trousers and pissing yourself in order to get back the 50p stake you lost.

https://www.change.org/p/english-premier-league-replay-the-sheffield-united-aston-villa-match

'On the 17th June 2020 Sheffield United faced Aston Villa in the Premier League, a match which has huge ramifications at the top and bottom of the table.

After 42 minutes, the Aston Villa goalkeeper took the ball over the line yet a goal was not awarded by Hawkeye due to a technological failure by their supposedly infallible system, and VAR did not intervene despite clear evidence from Sky cameras that this was a 'clear and obvious error'.

The game finished 0-0, which will dent Sheffield United's chances of an unprecedented European finish and damage Aston Villa's relegation rivals at a potentially massive financial cost.

Therefore the game should be replayed from 43 minutes with Sheffield United leading 1-0 and the previous game struck off from the records.

There is precedent for the invalidation of such results. In 2005, the bureau of the FIFA World Cup organising committee reached a decision to invalidate the result of a World Cup qualification match between Uzbekistan and Bahrain on the basis of a 'technical error by the referee of the match'.

We the undersigned believe that in the interest of fairness and sporting integrity that a full independent investigation is launched to these events to ensure they do not happen again, as that the English Premier League should mandate that the match be replayed under these conditions.'

View attachment 83388

---

We have nothing to lose, and far more ambitious and outlandish online petitions have resulted in success than this one.

Please share far and wide!
No, the answer to that is no, definitely not, never an option..

Nothing will change if people just accept it by doing nothing.

Top clubs hated? Who buys all the shirts then?

First legal action now this. I’m wondering if you’re trying to get your name in the papers.

Move on, with the caveat that the EPL institute an official investigation into the clear and obvious systems failure.
The outcome of that investigation should put a torch to any future incidents of a similar nature.
No other sanctions are necessary.
If at the end of the season, any club feels disadvantaged by this systems failure, the EPL have already acted to prevent it happening again.
I hope, at the end of the season, the European places and relegation are removed from this equation

You're talking as if a replay and a win guarantee us european football. You might not give a shit about how we are regarded and actively want to join the ranks of the arrogant Premier League juggernauts with their legion of plastic fans who as you say are largely reviled but me and a lot of others aren't that keen. The only thing your proposal does guarantee is that we trade in any and all good standing to be widely and rightly mocked for a chance marginally improve our chances of playing in europe but could just as easily blow up in our faces

It's like going into the bookies, ripping off your trousers and pissing yourself in order to get back the 50p stake you lost.

How much damage did it do the Irish Football Association and the reputation of Ireland football fans when they asked for a replay after the Henry handball in 2009?

They had a lot of sympathy back then and public support, why shouldn't we? Ireland fans are one of the most loved set of supporters across the world.

Ironically it was their action that paved the way for VAR being introduced and received compensation from FIFA as well.

Last edited:
Almost instantly, replays were shown from all angles. I would imagine journalists, and staff from both teams were studying them.
What yanks my chain is that the four officials refused to even use the technology available to them. VAR monitor.
Still let's crack on. We owe them barcodes one.

Rumour has it, and the source is me before anyone asks, the EPL are waiting to see if the ref, Stockley Park and HawkEye fuck up again and Spurs manage to beat Newton Heath, we may get a replay in the hope we lose it.

Will repeat my post from another thread;

As far as Sheffield United are concerned it is called "Shit Happens".....

Hawkeye have some serious explaining to do and should be put under considerable pressure to answer the following;

1. Can they categorically confirm and evidence that the system was working as it should during the first half, (at the beginning of the second half the Sky commentator said, "we are assured it is now working" which inferres it wasn't.
  2. Can they categorically confirm and evidence Michael Olivers watch was switched on and working correctly during the first half
  3. Why did Michael Oliver allegedly get a "goal" signal sent to him during half time, was this as either the Hawk-eye system or his watch were switched back on?
  4. Why have there been no pictures or graphics at all...., is it because it wasn't switched on?
  5. How can the reason for the goal not being given be due to "occlusion" by players and the post when Hawkeye technology boasts it clearly has the ability to remove all said occlusions.
In my opinion unless Hawkeye can answer and evidence the above 5 points satisfactorily then they have been professionally negligent and just like any other company that has been professionally negligent they can be sued. If we miss out on European Football due to those 2 points dropped then we have a right to consider legal action.
Exactly.
Hawkeye owe a duty of care to all the clubs which may suffer financially as a result of their negligence.
They also have broken their contract with the PL by providing a system which is not fit for purpose.
At the end of the season expect some interesting court cases

To be fair I wouldn't push this too much further. Probably our most high-profile fan at the moment counts the Queen as his nan. Back off or you'll be in the Tower. Don't say you haven't been warned.
I'll take The Tower over a Parisienne subway any day thank you.

No...no, no.
I don't know what's become of this forum just recently maybe the lock down maybe something else but I find myself begging people not to do things.
(Ok the fact you can't see the look on my face when I do it or my body language, just accept I'm begging.)

https://www.change.org/p/english-premier-league-replay-the-sheffield-united-aston-villa-match

'On the 17th June 2020 Sheffield United faced Aston Villa in the Premier League, a match which has huge ramifications at the top and bottom of the table.

After 42 minutes, the Aston Villa goalkeeper took the ball over the line yet a goal was not awarded by Hawkeye due to a technological failure by their supposedly infallible system, and VAR did not intervene despite clear evidence from Sky cameras that this was a 'clear and obvious error'.

The game finished 0-0, which will dent Sheffield United's chances of an unprecedented European finish and damage Aston Villa's relegation rivals at a potentially massive financial cost.

Therefore the game should be replayed from 43 minutes with Sheffield United leading 1-0 and the previous game struck off from the records.

There is precedent for the invalidation of such results. In 2005, the bureau of the FIFA World Cup organising committee reached a decision to invalidate the result of a World Cup qualification match between Uzbekistan and Bahrain on the basis of a 'technical error by the referee of the match'.

We the undersigned believe that in the interest of fairness and sporting integrity that a full independent investigation is launched to these events to ensure they do not happen again, as that the English Premier League should mandate that the match be replayed under these conditions.'

View attachment 83388

---

We have nothing to lose, and far more ambitious and outlandish online petitions have resulted in success than this one.

Is this your new 'Free Ched Evans' campaign?😂

Is this your new 'Free Ched Evans' campaign?😂

I was expecting someone hilarious to bring that up.

Which is slightly ironic as the Ched Evans situation showed merit in not just accepting a verdict and moving on with the negative consequences that resulted from a 'wrong' decision.

Stop embarrassing yourself and United fans as a whole...you're leaving us open to ridicule with absolute shite like this...honestly...

Stop embarrassing yourself and United fans as a whole...you're leaving us open to ridicule with absolute shite like this...honestly...

Since when should we care about embarrassment?

I'm sure Hearts won't care one jot if their petition enables them to stay in the SPL.

Were Ireland fans embarrassed as a whole when the IFA appealed to FIFA after the Henry handball?

Uzbekistan got a replay, why not us?

Since when should we care about embarrassment?

I'm sure Hearts won't care one jot if their petition enables them to stay in the SPL.

Were Ireland fans embarrassed as a whole when the IFA appealed to FIFA after the Henry handball?

Uzbekistan got a replay, why not us?

Ireland and Uzbekistan appeals were made by their FA’s not a club effectively against its own football authorities.

The Hearts situation isn’t about an on the field incident during games so is irrelevant.

Ireland and Uzbekistan appeals were made by their FA’s not a club effectively against its own football authorities.

The Hearts situation isn’t about an on the field incident during games so is irrelevant.

This is all true but my point was it didn't cause Ireland or Uzbekistan any real damage or embarrassment. Hearts is slightly different but remains to be seen if they are successful or not.

Ireland fans are one of the most popular set of supporters in the world, and the majority (as I recall) wanted a replay back in 2009. I find it hard to understand why so many of our fans don't but that's their right c'est la vie.

This is all true but my point was it didn't cause Ireland or Uzbekistan any real damage or embarrassment. Hearts is slightly different but remains to be seen if they are successful or not.

Ireland fans are one of the most popular set of supporters in the world, and the majority (as I recall) wanted a replay back in 2009. I find it hard to understand why so many of our fans don't but that's their right c'est la vie.

Please, tell us more about how the world viewed Uzbekistan after that infamous 2005 qualifier...

Please, tell us more about how the world viewed Uzbekistan after that infamous 2005 qualifier...

I'm sure they didn't care. In the same way the world won't care and hammer us for appealing/petitioning for a replay.

I can tell you how the world viewed Ireland after the famous 2009 qualifier vs. France. With great sympathy, and it ironically was the catalyst for VAR's introduction.

Ireland fans were mostly behind having a replay and they were most vocal about it, yet they remain one of the most loved set of fans in the world.

View attachment 83388

---

I also have a petition for world cup quarter final in Mexico 1986 when Diego Maradona handled the ball into the goal , a result that cost England s great chance of winning the world cup,

Back
Top Bottom