** CHANGE.ORG PETITION PLEASE SIGN **

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
https://www.change.org/p/english-premier-league-replay-the-sheffield-united-aston-villa-match

'On the 17th June 2020 Sheffield United faced Aston Villa in the Premier League, a match which has huge ramifications at the top and bottom of the table.

After 42 minutes, the Aston Villa goalkeeper took the ball over the line yet a goal was not awarded by Hawkeye due to a technological failure by their supposedly infallible system, and VAR did not intervene despite clear evidence from Sky cameras that this was a 'clear and obvious error'.

The game finished 0-0, which will dent Sheffield United's chances of an unprecedented European finish and damage Aston Villa's relegation rivals at a potentially massive financial cost.

Therefore the game should be replayed from 43 minutes with Sheffield United leading 1-0 and the previous game struck off from the records.

There is precedent for the invalidation of such results. In 2005, the bureau of the FIFA World Cup organising committee reached a decision to invalidate the result of a World Cup qualification match between Uzbekistan and Bahrain on the basis of a 'technical error by the referee of the match'.

We the undersigned believe that in the interest of fairness and sporting integrity that a full independent investigation is launched to these events to ensure they do not happen again, as that the English Premier League should mandate that the match be replayed under these conditions.'

1592555353422.png

---

We have nothing to lose, and far more ambitious and outlandish online petitions have resulted in success than this one.

Please share far and wide!

We should have refused to play on at ht until it was put right - I’m still bemused at how little fuss Wilder and the players made of it. But a replay is not the answer because 1. we already have a packed fixture list due to what was our game in hand and still being in the Cup; and 2. we could lose the game and be even worse off.

We should have refused to play on at ht until it was put right - I’m still bemused at how little fuss Wilder and the players made of it. But a replay is not the answer because 1. we already have a packed fixture list due to what was our game in hand and still being in the Cup; and 2. we could lose the game and be even worse off.

Respectfully I'm sure we could manage 47 minutes of football at the end of the season with protecting a 1-0 lead.

I don’t want us to replay it

Wow. Each to their own and all that but stunning that people don't want something that would increase our chances of playing Champions League football.

That's just not true though is it?

Our frustration shouldn't be directed at each other but what's more likely to get us Champions League football:

A) A 0-0 draw

B) A replay from 43 minutes with us 1-0 up

Our frustration shouldn't be directed at each other but what's more likely to get us Champions League football:

A) A 0-0 draw

I tell you what would reduce our chances at Champions League Football – the club banging on about a game that’s done when all attention should be on getting the maximum amount of points from the remaining games. We all need to be focused on that, not this distraction.

A) A 0-0 draw

C) Lose the game and miss out on 5th by 1 point.

D) Draw 1-1 and miss out on 5th on 'Goals Conceded'.

E) Win the game, finish 5th, Man City's suspension is 'put on hold' and are allowed to compete in Europe next season.

I tell you what would reduce our chances at Champions League Football – the club banging on about a game that’s done when all attention should be on getting the maximum amount of points from the remaining games. We all need to be focused on that, not this distraction.

I guess Chelsea should have fully focused on their game rather than completing the Werner deal.

Football clubs can do more than one thing at a time.

I'm as pissed off as the next one but this is just a bit embarrassing. Why not go all the way and insist Grealish isn't allowed to play the replay either because he was guilty of cultural appropriation from dressage horses with his hair?

Respectfully, since when should we care about what's embarrassing? I don't give a **** what other football journalists and fans think of us.

Their opinions do not give us European football.

I’ve just checked and so far you have 0 signatures, I’ll check again when I get in from work, but I don’t expect the number to have risen by much.

So be it. Took me 4 minutes to create, and not going to put it anywhere else apart from here. Some things grow others don't, c'est la vie.

Least I know I tried something!

Thanks to the others who have signed it by now. It will grow more if we share it around. If it reaches 100 I expect it will grow substantially from there as these things do.

Back
Top Bottom