Project Restart - Hoping for 8th June

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It has previously been implied to me that if I didnt want to do what I'm doing then my replacement would, thanks to the wonderful world of outsourcing.

Footballers, at least at top level, well it's easier for them to take that stance I'd say.

I'm just glad the whole thing isnt my decision to take. Whichever way it gets sorted it is going to piss certain teams off.
I never understand why money is always brought into discussions around football when it's completely irrelevant in most cases. It's such a ignorant, dog whistle comment generally made by the Press and then picked up by general public.
Getting paid a lot doesn't mean you should therefore be happier to return to work in a workplace that is perceived to be less safe or secure than it was before the lockdown.
They have very in demand and rare skills and that determines their market rate, which is higher than most average workers who generally have easily replaceable skills should the need arise.
Those that do not wish to return to work shouldn't have to, and as will be the case in everyday life those will go through their own business' and/or legal process' as to how that's dealt with. Being a footballer will be no different to any other job in that regard.

I never understand why money is always brought into discussions around football when it's completely irrelevant in most cases.
Getting paid a lot doesn't mean you should therefore be happier to return to work in a workplace that is perceived to be less safe or secure than it was before the lockdown.
They have very in demand and rare skills and that determines their market rate, which is higher than most average workers who generally have easily replaceable skills should the need arise.
Those that do not wish to return to work shouldn't have to, and as will be the case in everyday life those will go through their own business' and/or legal process' as to how that's dealt with. Being a footballer will be no different to any other job in that regard.

Apologies, I didnt mean to imply they should be happier. But i do think they are in a better position financially to make that decision. If I dont work, my mortgage doesnt get paid, so that forces the hand a bit.

Apologies, I didnt mean to imply they should be happier. But i do think they are in a better position financially to make that decision. If I dont work, my mortgage doesnt get paid, so that forces the hand a bit.
Sorry my post wasn't really aimed at you but the post you quoted. I just could be arsed to go back and find it. I agree with your points, but I'd say that their outgoings will also match their wages. Of course that could potentially be easier to cut back on, but they can't just decide to go without wages without it having some impact on them.

Last edited:
Sorry my post wasn't really aimed at you but the post your quoted. I just could be arsed to go back and find it. I agree with your points, but I'd say that their outgoings will also match their wages. Of course that could potentially be easier to cut back on, but they can't just decide to go without wages without it having some impact on them.

No worries, it's a crap situation with imperfect solutions for everyone.

Clubs promising banning orders for fans trying to congregate at grounds is the biggest thing they can do imho

I've read that about banning orders. Thing is, as long as you dont go onto the actually footprint of the ground (i.e. at the lane the car park) there's nothing the police or club can do..the streets around the grounds are public footpaths, Boris has told everyone that they can exercise as much as they want, if people exercise there surely people cant be given banning orders??!

All that being said, why on earth you'd want to go and stand outside an empty football stadium when there's a game going on and you cant watch it, but could if you're at home is beyond me!

I've read that about banning orders. Thing is, as long as you dont go onto the actually footprint of the ground (i.e. at the lane the car park) there's nothing the police or club can do..the streets around the grounds are public footpaths, Boris has told everyone that they can exercise as much as they want, if people exercise there surely people cant be given banning orders??!

If they dont social distance whilst doing it they would still get fines. Police will still ask why a few hundred people are near the ground are congregating and should move them on.

League Two done.

“The final table will be decided using a points-per-game method, but promotion and relegation has yet to be finalised.”

Probably the right thing to do, table as is and play offs (obv behind closed doors though it's not stated).

edit: looking at the table nothing contentious about that even giving the tile to Swindon currently in second on gd but with a game in hand.

Could comfortably do the same with League 1 table as it stands but Wycombe into play offs Peterborough out.
Tranmere can't complain a game in hand at the bottom but larger gd to make up.

Tranmere can't complain a game in hand at the bottom but larger gd to make up.

A truly insurmountable recovery would be needed ordinarily to close that three point gap and goal difference with 12 games to go. They really should have paid better attention to making sure they were never in the relegation zone given a surprise early finish might be sprung at any time.

They really should have paid better attention to making sure they were never in the relegation zone given a surprise early finish might be sprung at any time.
Being a Sheffield United fan (and what we have suffered) I have little time for the complaints of others over this issue!

(Ipswich are the real surprise and must be absolutely desperate, 4 defeats on the bounce, 7 pts outside the play offs 10 outside of the top 2).

They have a 5/3 home/away split left, their remaining home games include fixtures versus Bolton and Southend, the bottom two by a country mile, a further two from the bottom six, and they only play one team in the top eight. If any solution to ending the season is used other than playing the games or taking into account strength of schedule they get massively fucked over

Interesting article on the restart of The Bundesliga and how watching it with fellow fans on Zoom added greatly to the experience.

I definitely think that I will be setting up a Zoom meeting with a few of my Blades-supporting mates when our games are on.

Cultural Secretary on BBC Breakfast just confirmed non-BT/Sky matches will be aired on Freeview channels at 3pm on Saturdays.

Back
Top Bottom