Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was an avid autograph hunter there in the early 1970s
View attachment 73727

STOP THE WORLD!

Our font of all-things-Blade, Silent Blade says "early 70s" but that looks like a Renault 20/30 which was in production 1975-84. To make matters even worse, the fuzzy number plate looks like a 'W' which was 1980/81.

I find it hard to post how disappointed, saddened and broken I am by this web of lies, from such a previously loved and trusted poster.

I hate to be seen as a pompous snitch but I think that Linz and Foxy will have no choice other than to issue a 5 year infraction.

ISC - a broken man..........

STOP THE WORLD!

Our font of all-things-Blade, Silent Blade says "early 70s" but that looks like a Renault 20/30 which was in production 1975-84. To make matters even worse, the fuzzy number plate looks like a 'W' which was 1980/81.

I find it hard to post how disappointed, saddened and broken I am by this web of lies, from such a previously loved and trusted poster.

I hate to be seen as a pompous snitch but I think that Linz and Foxy will have no choice other than to issue a 5 year infraction.

Get a grip, you tart.....😁

Where are those autographs now then Silent?
I collected autographs there as well Bert. We moved house in 1975 and my autograph book went missing, lost forever.

Get a grip, you tart.....😁

Woe is me!

Already broken by the web of lies perpetuated by trusted icon Silent Blade , I now find other forum 'seniors' are attacking me too!

My world has already been shattered by the lies, deceit and manipulations of such a forum great, but now it seems, others are lining up to put the boot in.

Shattered, broken and shattered I tell you.

#enditallnow

It looks like we might be twiddling our thumbs for a few weeks now, so I thought I'd finally try and join in with this fabulous thread with a few pics. If this works ok, I'll try more.
View attachment 73699
Can just see Denby St nursery to the right of the Cricketers ,my first memories of life being traumatised there after shitting myself in class.

THe Ball Inn is up for sale ,if I won the Lottery I would buy it. Cant we have an s24su whip round ?

See the source image

Woe is me!

Already broken by the web of lies perpetuated by trusted icon Silent Blade , I now find other forum 'seniors' are attacking me too!

My world has already been shattered by the lies, deceit and manipulations of such a forum great, but now it seems, others are lining up to put the boot in.

#enditallnow
Another peep out of you and Bert will ban you from this thread sine die.

I used to collect most autographs up at the Ball Inn training ground.
We used to go up there in school holidays to watch the team train.
Myrtle Road was a killer. Reg Matthewson on one occasion gave us a lift up.
All footballers seemed to have the little football boots hanging from their rear view mirror. This was more 1960's.

I've not been up to Ball Inn for years. Looking at that photo of the pub - are there houses on the training ground now?

The father of a kid in my class at school was the groundsman at the Ball inn. Name of Vickers.

Another name from that era - Barry Gordine (goalie) was a guest at the Norwich match

I collected autographs there as well Bert. We moved house in 1975 and my autograph book went missing, lost forever.
Bert still has all his stuff, the only thing he can't put his hand on is a photo of him and Jimmy Greaves. It's here somewhere though.

STOP THE WORLD!

Either a little self propaganda going on here or an extra glass of vino. Don't believe Silent said the photo was early 1970's only that he collected autographs there early 1970's:).

I used to collect most autographs up at the Ball Inn training ground.
We used to go up there in school holidays to watch the team train.
Myrtle Road was a killer. Reg Matthewson on one occasion gave us a lift up.
All footballers seemed to have the little football boots hanging from their rear view mirror. This was more 1960's.

I've not been up to Ball Inn for years. Looking at that photo of the pub - are there houses on the training ground now?

The father of a kid in my class at school was the groundsman at the Ball inn. Name of Vickers.

Another name from that era - Barry Gordine (goalie) was a guest at the Norwich match
Needs a bit of love. I parked near there for a game a couple of years ago ,schoolboy error ,took me 2 rest stops to get up that fucking road.

See the source image

Can just see Denby St nursery to the right of the Cricketers ,my first memories of life being traumatised there after shitting myself in class.
Do you remember they had some type of canvas camping beds that they made us sleep on for half an hour or so in the afternoons. No pillow or anything, it was horrible. Could never sleep so just lay there trying to keep still while being scowled at by the staff member on sentry duty.

Bert still has all his stuff, the only thing he can't put his hand on is a photo of him and Jimmy Greaves. It's here somewhere though.
Wow Bert. Just remember my dad taking my cousin (Wendeh) and me to S6 for a night match, must have been against Spurs. In particular Greavsie was a big draw
but Spurs were THE team around then.
Might have been Chelsea though. But quite certain it was Spurs. 1960's.

Do you remember they had some type of canvas camping beds that they made us sleep on for half an hour or so in the afternoons. No pillow or anything, it was horrible. Could never sleep so just lay there trying to keep still while being scowled at by the staff member on sentry duty.
It wasnt the nicest introduction to education ,but at least it was near the Lane They actually let me out of nursery with shit in my pants and my mum pulled my leg to one side and let it go down the grate. My diet must have been good , that grate is still there and I walk past it on the way to the Lane with a knowing glance. I vaguely remember lots of other kids crying, but not feeling quite that bad myself.

I was a bit too young to remember much about the place. Didn't seem to be there very long before moving to St Barnabas, now known as Discount Beds.

How dare anybody defy the teachings and wisdom of S/Blade.
You'd maybe be surprised at what I dare. Please read the text, didn't you see the :).
Lets not fall out, you like me must be suffering "no Blades football" withdrawal systems. If only we knew when this tragedy would end it may help bare the burden we all carry. UTB;).

Wow Bert. Just remember my dad taking my cousin (Wendeh) and me to S6 for a night match, must have been against Spurs. In particular Greavsie was a big draw
but Spurs were THE team around then.
Might have been Chelsea though. But quite certain it was Spurs. 1960's.
Bert went to Hillsborough 3 times in the 60's just to see Greaves.

Either a little self propaganda going on here or an extra glass of vino. Don't believe Silent said the photo was early 1970's only that he collected autographs there early 1970's:).

Okay, shit stirring while bored with an early morning cuppa.

You got me bang to rights guvnor ' and no mistake!

You'd maybe be surprised at what I dare. Please read the text, didn't you see the :).
Lets not fall out, you like me must be suffering "no Blades football" withdrawal systems. If only we knew when this tragedy would end it may help bare the burden we all carry. UTB;).
I was taking the piss. My love for you and SB know no bounds. 😍

Further to my photo post #14,758 above, and at great cost to my knees, back, bowels and other organs, I've now done some rummaging around in the loft and found the original photo of Fred West's garden taken from the kop.
Scribbled on the back I'd written "early '95".
No idea of the specific match, line ups, score etc.
For my post #14,760 and #14,765 - the shots of the pastel pink clad John Street stand and the Sabella memorial, I'd scribbled "April 1993"
Sorry chaps, I'm not very good at this expert knowledge lark, am I?
Must do better....

Anyway here's another one with more detail and a question....Cherry street July 1983. The black shed on the left is the infamous Winter Shed already talked about on this thread. About 10 years after this photo was taken, I risked life and limb playing 5-a-side for a year or two in there. The "playing" surface was a bargain roll-end green offcut from Mike's Carpets, expertly laid except for all the joints, which curled wickedly up, ready to snag the unwary.
The ball often ended up on the gallery. The strong or foolhardy could scrabble up from pitch to retrieve it. The strong just clambered back down. The foolhardy were off work for a week with a twisted ankle and grazes.
The caretaker, Vic, never came out of his little office/shed thingy up at the end of the gallery.
After the match and a trickle cold shower in the adjoining portakabin, I hobbled round to pay him.
He never looked up from his Sun newspaper...
And the question..... the house/lodge in the centre of the photo. ....what was its purpose?? I guess it was some kind of caretakers house. For the stadium? The pavilion?

20200211_141222.jpg

Anyway here's another one with more detail and a question....Cherry street July 1983. The black shed on the left is the infamous Winter Shed already talked about on this thread. About 10 years after this photo was taken, I risked life and limb playing 5-a-side for a year or two in there. The "playing" surface was a bargain roll-end green offcut from Mike's Carpets, expertly laid except for all the joints, which curled wickedly up, ready to snag the unwary.
The ball often ended up on the gallery. The strong or foolhardy could scrabble up from pitch to retrieve it. The strong just clambered back down. The foolhardy were off work for a week with a twisted ankle and grazes.
The caretaker, Vic, never came out of his little office/shed thingy up at the end of the gallery.
After the match and a trickle cold shower in the adjoining portakabin, I hobbled round to pay him.
And the question..... the house/lodge in the centre of the photo. ....what was its purpose?? I guess it was some kind of caretakers house. For the stadium? The pavilion?

View attachment 73783
Dont even remember the little house!

Woe is me!

#enditallnow

You okay Hun?

Don't pm me.......

View attachment 73783
It was where they put Dean Hammond between 3.00pm and 5.00pm every Saturday.

Further to my photo post #14,758 above, and at great cost to my knees, back, bowels and other organs, I've now done some rummaging around in the loft and found the original photo of Fred West's garden taken from the kop.
Scribbled on the back I'd written "early '95".
No idea of the specific match, line ups, score etc.
For my post #14,760 and #14,765 - the shots of the pastel pink clad John Street stand and the Sabella memorial, I'd scribbled "April 1993"
Sorry chaps, I'm not very good at this expert knowledge lark, am I?
Must do better....
Sorry to hear of your strains and pains, I feel some what responsible so advise a rub down with half a pound of potted meat by the person of your choice. Not sure it will do any good but could be fun although messy.
I'm greatful of the info, thank you, though I will never look at the John St side of BL in the same way again after your title 'Fred West's Garden'.

Sorry to hear of your strains and pains, I feel some what responsible so advise a rub down with half a pound of potted meat by the person of your choice. Not sure it will do any good but could be fun although messy.
I'm greatful of the info, thank you, though I will never look at the John St side of BL in the same way again after your title 'Fred West's Garden'.
Thanks for that but I can't take any credit. I believe it was one of many of Davd Bassett's quips .this one apparently in exasperation at the length of time redevelopment was taking....

Back
Top Bottom