Coronavirus - a real season spoiling threat?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Postpone, play behind closed doors or carry on?

• Total voters

But thats my point. Why make a distinction against sport yet other leisure and retail therapy are ok

Because the Premier League are an easy target for the media, so they buckled under public pressure. Whereas Meadowhall and other non essential retail outlets haven’t come under the same pressure so far.

What's all this stuff about "bog roll"? What is it and what do you use it for?

Got to say this has come as a proper bitter pill. Been following Blades home & away for over 40 yrs & home matches since 1968. This season is the best ever with possible Europe & a real chance of winning the FA Cup. Some tw#tin virus looks like bollocksing it all.

Just to compound matters:
One of The options talked about Tonight on talksport was if they can't resume the season was keeping the final table as it is now.
Yorkshire's Very own thickest man in the world Darren Gough says "just think how bad it will be for Aston Villa as they would be relegated with a game in hand!!!!"
No : thick twat, their game in hand is against us & the 3 points we would be favourites to get would put us on 5th & Champions League. What a fuckin dickhead 😡😡😡😡

Well what would you do if the virus is still going in 3/4 months.

There are no easy solutions

People need transport to live there lives they don’t need football

People don’t need to visit Meadowhall, cinema, pub, restaurant or go on holiday etc to live their lives.

I’m not suggesting we should stop doing any of those examples I just gave, but Football and Sport in general is seemingly being treated differently to other areas which present a risk of spreading the virus.

People don’t need to visit Meadowhall, cinema, pub, restaurant or go on holiday etc to live their lives.

I’m not suggesting we should stop doing any of those examples I just gave, but Football and Sport in general is seemingly being treated differently to other areas which present a risk of spreading the virus.

No there not when “large gatherings “ are banned so will things like Meadowhall

No there not when “large gatherings “ are banned so will things like Meadowhall

That’s the point, larger gatherings haven’t been banned, so football should continue.

People may think that makes me a selfish twat, but it’s just following the advice of government experts!

Transport it used to get people to work, so is an essential utility that needs to be running.

Doctors and nurses most importantly atm. If schools shut, this will also have a major impact on the workforce. Footie dunt.

Transport it used to get people to work, so is an essential utility that needs to be running.

Doctors and nurses most importantly atm. If schools shut, this will also have a major impact on the workforce. Footie dunt.

I didn’t mention transport in my post, I only listed leisure activities which we can all freely continue to do.

If there's any good to come from this, it's that I hope Sky's TV subscriptions take an absolute fucking battering in cancellations and they're forced to reduce everything to get people back.
If that happens, how do they pay for the tv rights to show games? If they can’t afford to pay the tv money, how will clubs meet their financial commitments?

If that happens, how do they pay for the tv rights to show games? If they can’t afford to pay the tv money, how will clubs meet their financial commitments?

I would feel confident that they'd have enough cash reserves to meet their commitments, they've been ripping us all off for years!

That’s the point, larger gatherings haven’t been banned, so football should continue.

People may think that makes me a selfish twat, but it’s just following the advice of government experts!

No it shouldn’t if Dave who works in my office got coronavirus the office would be closed.
Just like someone who worked in a shop in Meadowhall

And 30/40/50 thousand don’t come and watch.

It’s the sensible decision there’s more important things than football.

The European push can wait 4/5 months

People saying "typical United, best season in years" and all that. It would have been "typical United" if it had been called off this time LAST season.

Of all the clubs with things to lose , we really aren't up there.

Definitely. We're lucky it wasn't anytime during the last two or three years, or this time next year when we're 18 points clear at the top.

No it shouldn’t if Dave who works in my office got coronavirus the office would be closed.
Just like someone who worked in a shop in Meadowhall

And 30/40/50 thousand don’t come and watch.

It’s the sensible decision there’s more important things than football.

The European push can wait 4/5 months

If we’re going to ignore the advice of government experts, why is it only for football?

Thousands of people will visit Meadowhall today, how is our match at Newcastle a greater risk? If one person has Coronavirus in the stadium, he will only infect those sat around him. That’s no different to if someone goes to Meadowhall to buy clothes, he’ll infect those he comes into contact with. Same with a trip to the pub etc.

I agree football can wait, it’s not that important but apparently a trip to Meadowhall is more important than life and death. It’s the hypocrisy of the situation that I can’t get my head around.

Naw we just need a national alcohol day. Everyone in the country downs two glasses of 60% or higher Vodka, Gin or whatever at exactly the same time, 9pm when kids are in bed. Experts say 60% alcohol kills the virus. Job done. Hic.

Actually makes me wonder why people are not panic buying high percentage alcohol drinks. Prefer that to 200 bog roll.

Back
Top Bottom