Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blades 1 (Scullion) Chelsea 0 25/9/71. Top of the league with 8 wins and 2 draws. Not long before Woody's hair started to go grey!

It's absolutely brilliant now and the footie is nothing short of amazing but:

Beating the last three champions ( sure it was Everton/Derby and another, can't remember) and being top of the league is still a milestone Wilder has to match.

And he needs to find a Currie.

Ian Bryson, Bradders in the background?
View attachment 63901
Sunderland 0 Blades 1 (Bryson). John Gannon and Kevin Ball (the Sunderland player in above photo) both got sent off after a clash. At the final whistle Glyn Hodges headbutted Gordon Armstrong (Chris' brother), got sent off and then got a 6 match ban a few weeks later.

Sunderland 0 Blades 1 (Bryson). John Gannon and Kevin Ball (the Sunderland player in above photo) both got sent off after a clash. At the final whistle Glyn Hodges headbutted Gordon Armstrong (Chris' brother), got sent off and then got a 6 match ban a few weeks later.
I was there had to meet some Sunderland supporting relations in the Flying boat in Seaburn after ,that was an interesting walk past Roker park after.

It's absolutely brilliant now and the footie is nothing short of amazing but:

Beating the last three champions ( sure it was Everton/Derby and another, can't remember) and being top of the league is still a milestone Wilder has to match.

And he needs to find a Currie.
I think it was Fucking leeds, Everton and Arsenal.

The old dear never got out of the carriage, off train trip up town, pressed button to open Town Hall, back to station and off she went. Nice.

The author of “Uncle Mort” (with reference to “Carter” in your previous), Peter Tinniswood, claimed that Queen Victoria always wore long dresses because she was a keen cricket fan and always had cricket pads on. 😃

The author of “Uncle Mort” (with reference to “Carter” in your previous), Peter Tinniswood, claimed that Queen Victoria always wore long dresses because she was a keen cricket fan and always had cricket pads on. 😃
Filmed over the hedge of our back garden . I didn't know you cared ,not Queen Victoria.

Times change. Went to live at Intake (Wadsworth Drive) in 1985, newly married (ahh!). Moved to live on Mansfield Road a few years later. I remember the 95 bus journey from town then, past (and sometimes in) the pubs and clubs.
The Link at Park Hill, Earl George, New Inn, another Tetley's pub I can't remember, Travellers, Park & Arbourthorne club, Manor club, Elm Tree, Woodthorpe, Ball Inn, Royal Oak, Noah's Ark. Sunday was always "club neet " with loads of people off to see "turns". This isn't ancient history (not to me anyway) but when we moved in 2014 (still married!) it had all changed. All the pubs and clubs were gone except Manor club, the Ball and the Noah's. For years it was quite vibrant but felt safe, but sadly when we left it felt neither (although there are much worse places than the S2/S12 "border"). I like where I live now. I know I miss the Intake of 30 years ago, but not the Intake of 6 years ago. Like loads of the nostalgia stuff on here though, are we just missing different parts of our lives, not just the buildings?
Sorry to be esoteric/maudlin, but that's sometimes what this thread (which I love) does!! Up the Blades!!
Arundel Ex Sevicemens is still going as is the Hollins Bush.

Oooo, Carter.

True. Swat becomes of years of interbreeding C****r, an' when all's said an' done she were a bloody southerner.

Back
Top Bottom