Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

God I miss that terracing.
It looks so small like that when empty but when the ground was full it always looked bigger.
I remember being in there as a kid when Leeds came at Easter, when they won the league was it 73-74? Think we lost 0-2. Talk about over crowding it was shocking. No one could move, it was heaving. Clive Betts would have had a field day!

It looks so small like that when empty but when the ground was full it always looked bigger.
I remember being in there as a kid when Leeds came at Easter, when they won the league was it 73-74? Think we lost 0-2. Talk about over crowding it was shocking. No one could move, it was heaving. Clive Betts would have had a field day!
Easter Tuesday 1974
1567799332656.png

Marked where I stood for the last 3 years of its life :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-06 Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-06 Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever.png
    411.4 KB · Views: 31
Who were they targeting at Brincliffe Edge ?
Probably after that crow that Darren Burke has been banging on about, in the Star. OR, whoever has been sticking slices of bread to the trees up there.

Went to JT'S myself for many a year when there was enough to warrant the cost. Nice young lady used to cut my hair on a regular basis and was good. Like most good things they end, she move to open her own shop in the dark side of Sheffield bit to far away to make it viable apart from going there. Our son was at school with JT'S son, which was a coincidence as I was at school with Rodger Sherwood and I believe they both became World Champion hairdressers. Rodger certainly did.
You must have gone to myers grove school class 2s3 am i correct?

My routine 1977-79 was to pay the 40p to get in to the Kiddie's Korner ( yes, that's how they spelled it on your membership card ) early doors. Scale fence ( bottom right hand corner of picture) to enter Terrace ( 30p more to get in there you see) and take up my position next to the Tunnel for pre match chat with Harry Haslam.

He liked his snout did Harry.

Summer 1973 when our board persuaded TC to sign the contract after promising him that we would sign new players to build a team round him.

View attachment 61055

John Harris looks into the camera.

Dick Wragg looks to make sure TC is signing on the correct line with £ signs in his eyes. A look that reminds me of Dick Dastardly.

First place I ever set eyes on the Blades from

Back
Top Bottom