CONFIRMED Lys Mousset

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So we’re buying a player that no-one’s heard of, so the collective conclusion is that he must be shit..

Let’s hope that our similar McGoldrick response comes to fruition

He doesn't tick the 'absolute beast' box.

Hopefully he won't tick the 'squandered talent, wasted career' box either....
He is a number 9 though, and we've needed one for a while.

28 of his 50 odd appearances for Bournemouth have been as a sub. Keep that in mind when judging him on his scoring record.

I agree that still isn’t great, but the lad is young and has plenty of development potential.

£10m seems like a lot but he is a “Premiership” player. Albeit a reserve!

How do Bournemouth do it?! They sell fringe players for big money!

If it really is 'up to £9.5m' then they could actually be selling him for less than they got him for.

I'm pretty certain the few will be less than we paid for Freeman and if the add-ons get to the level of £9.5m, he will be in the French squad and long gone to PSG for
plusieurs millions.

I really hope we're not blowing £10 million on this kid that is a big chunk of our budget on someone with a not so great strike rate.

Yet people are wetting themselves chasing Oli McBurnie.

Conveniently forgetting his PL goal scoring record is 0 goals in 16 games. If were just to base things off pure stats then Mousett is a better option.... but I think it would be agreed that that statement is nonsense and the reason its nonsense is that going on the goals ratio is stupid.

28 of his 50 odd appearances for Bournemouth have been as a sub. Keep that in mind when judging him on his scoring record.

I agree that still isn’t great, but the lad is young and has plenty of development potential.

£10m seems like a lot but he is a “Premiership” player. Albeit a reserve!

You have to ask why tho surely?

Probably because he's not as good as Callum Wilson or Josh King.
Hat-trick for Mousset v Bournemouth confirmed

Newcastle United ready to pay £36m for 11-goal forward: A good choice by the Magpies

Can't stomach reading all of the previous 16 pages, so apologies if point already been made.
We praise CWAK/Mitchell team for all their due diligence and personality checks on potential recruits, but then some keyboard worriers use google and youtube for what little facts that's available to slag off and criticise potential signings. Give our staff the respect and credibility they deserve.

Calm down and let those who know best (and have all the information), get on with their jobs.

Whatever happened to 'In Wilder we trust'?

I must say this rhetoric has always made me feel a bit uncomfortable. The implication being that because we've been promoted a couple of times and play nice football, fans are no longer entitled to disagree or question ANYTHING the manager does.
He's primarily accountable to the fans, you lose them, your position soon become untenable. I am obviously not advocating that, my point is, he's made some stinking signings so far; Hussey, Leonard, Thomas, Washington - It's not an indication of being a negative fan to question a random signing.

I must say this rhetoric has always made me feel a bit uncomfortable. The implication being that because we've been promoted a couple of times and play nice football, fans are no longer entitled to disagree or question ANYTHING the manager does.
He's primarily accountable to the fans, you lose them, your position soon become untenable. I am obviously not advocating that, my point is, he's made some stinking signings so far; Hussey, Leonard, Thomas, Washington - It's not an indication of being a negative fan to question a random signing.

It’s not a blind faith thing, or a no-disagreeing-about-anything thing, it’s more the reality that I think Wilder and his staff have in the course of their success to date deserved a bit of respect. There is a big difference between saying “I doubt this will work out, but happy to be proved wrong” to “he’s fucking shit, what’s wilder playing at”. It’s the degree of utter disrespect shown that’s embarrassing to read sometimes. The reaction to this on social media is a case in point, and the fee hasn’t even been confirmed.

It’s not a blind faith thing, or a no-disagreeing-about-anything thing, it’s more the reality that I think Wilder and his staff have in the course of their success to date deserved a bit of respect. There is a big difference between saying “I doubt this will work out, but happy to be proved wrong” to “he’s fucking shit, what’s wilder playing at”. It’s the degree of utter disrespect shown that’s embarrassing to read sometimes. The reaction to this on social media is a case in point, and the fee hasn’t even been confirmed.

Yeah, fair enough, cant disagree with that. People can question signings, but not the condemnation and vitriol that's been spouted with this one!

well it kind of is being a negative fan. I mean shouldnt the player at least be given the opportunity to perform for us before we make a judgement call on how good or bad he was as a signing ?

No manager gets it right all the time. Mousett might turn out to be the next incarnation of Connor Salmon or he might end up as an absolute goalscoring legend for us. Nobody is suggested Wilder always gets it right but he has got it right enough times to ensure the results on the field match our ambitions.

The implication of In Wilder we trust is that he has earned that trust not only over the past 3 years but over his 20 year managerial career and until he proves he cant be trusted with the boards money he and the players he signs should be backed.

Theres a reason hes managing in the Premier League and none of us are, we all like to think we know best but I can say with certainty that Wilder watches more football that all of us.

Theres absolutely no empirical evidence that suggests that McBurnie or Maupay are more likely to be better signings than Mousett. Id also suggest that nobody on this forum has seen or knows enough about Mousett to properly appraise how good or bad a signing this is.

I mean a guy whos been around for years playing a lot of football like lets say Charlie Austin I can get behind people having enough information and having seen him enough to question or comment on a signing like that, a 23 year old who played a few minutes here and there totaling the equivalent of 4 games last year Im not having it.

TBH Id say 50% of the forum had never even heard of him before RC mentioned him in the movement thread, yet now everybody is an expert on him.

No vitriol from me. I know there's a limited number of strikers available, especially in our price bracket, but I do have a concern about what we are getting for our £10m (if it is £10m)

As everyone says, in CW we trust. I just hope he's got this one reyt cost this could be a make or break signing for us.

Goals make prizes

Typical shite coming from posters who have done there research on Mouset !.
No manager gets them all right but he and his staff deserve trust on this one,he,s not coming cheap but wilder thinks he can do a job for us.
He's done enough to deserve our trust
Still feel the big one is yet to come !.
M

I know there's a limited number of strikers available, especially in our price bracket, but I do have a concern about what we are getting for our £10m (if it is £10m)

what strikers in our bracket would you not have concern over ? Genuine question.

Back
Top Bottom