Match Thread Real Betis v. Sheffield United - Pre-season Friendly - 12/07/19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What did Jags look like at RCB?

Tidy on the ball. Read situations well. Supported the right hand side well enough. Drove forward a couple of times when without the ball but wasn’t then involved in those attacks. Done on one instance for acceleration that saw him foul his man and be booked. But in general, encouraged tbh.

Totally agree.
He’s not as technical as our other players but to honest he was a major part in our midfield tonight.
It made me think how funny it would be if Lunny becomes the mainstay of our midfield and he builds up a reputation amongst PL fans and commentators as being one of our better players. They do say football is a funny old game but Lunny looks very focussed and very fit.

He looks like a man on a mission, determined to break into our first 11 next season.
As our Harry

Tidy on the ball. Read situations well. Supported the right hand side well enough. Drove forward a couple of times when without the ball but wasn’t then involved in those attacks. Done on one instance for acceleration that saw him foul his man and be booked. But in general, encouraged tbh.

I think on that drag back, he miscontrolled it, or trod on it or something while he was being closed.

Thought he was good tonight, more Cranie than Bash in style, but a Marks & Spencer Cranie.

Another observation from tonight is

I really like the kit....prefer the red back to the white back.
The red socks looked better then I thought too...better kit than last season.

Those Premier League numbers looked nice too 😍

Was they more Blades than Bettis fans?

They averaged 44K last season and the ground is only down the road from Seviile, so you would expect us to be massively outnumbered.

That is how many Betis brought. The stadium announcer said there were just over 1000 blades. Not sure what he was counting it looked like 2000-2500 to me.

I think the official attendance was 1,520 fans. Of which 1,052 were blades.

Not sure whether to delete Facebook completely, ignore it or argue all night with the fans on there saying we were "shite".....

Really good performance that against a very tidy outfit. Mcgoldrick and Lunny the picks of the bunch.

We were far from great but not shite either although I wasn't expecting anything special considering its the first pre season match and the team selection.

Goldie, Freeman, Freeman, JOC, Baldock, Egan, Norwood and Stevens played well. The rest just looked a bit rusty apart from Leon Clarke who looked done.

I am sure we will step it up a gear next time out.

Not sure whether to delete Facebook completely, ignore it or argue all night with the fans on there saying we were "shite".....

Really good performance that against a very tidy outfit. Mcgoldrick and Lunny the picks of the bunch.
Stop looking at the rusties site Roy.........tut tut.

Prestige friendly vs Spanish Big Boys Real Betis. Are you wondering whether we presented them with any memorabilia for their museum? Wonder no more. Even though I say so myself, I've got a neat little story about how the SUFC present for Betis got to Portugal. With a rather poor, but exclusive photo. Also, I'm now up to 63 Portuguese Beer Ticks. Also, John Lundstram. All on my Blog. If you'd be so kind....

https://ball-sup.blogspot.com/2019/07/cbf-step-up-to-plate.html

Back
Top Bottom