Bladey degrees of separation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reyt. You can all shout uncle. Back in t' 80's, a workmate used to turn out for the Blades in the Hatchard league 1970's. Nah den. He said that our best ever player , arguably, was on X hundred pounds per week - then.

A friend of mine was Brian Deane’s dentist for a few years. He’s apparently “a lovely fella” – didn’t comment on his teeth though...

One of TC’s children went to the playgroup that my mum ran in the early 70s. She got his autograph in the Blades diary that I then got for Christmas

Went on the razz with a mate from Newfield School and Jeff Eckhardt, I had a rough stomach and had to go home.
If Jeff looks in on here at all I have some news about our mutual friend, PM for details.

My brother attended bashambauers stag do and subsequent wedding.
Basham’s dad introduced them. My brother and basham’s dad both drive trains.⚔️

I did some work at Alan Quinn’s father in laws house...,,, he was a diehard pig

I bumped into a Man City fan in the pub last night who is big mates with Kean Bryan

I know Mitch Ward’s niece. My mate went to school with Billy Sharp and I used to serve Jon Harley regularly when I worked in Tesco years ago. Absolute top bloke for the record.

My cat is best mates with Simon Moore’s cat’s auntie.

I played in goal for the local cubs back in the very early 70,s alongside an older school mate called Stewart. He said his dad would give me a few tips at training and he also stood behind the goals on a Saturday morning during the few matches we had giving me encouragement. Took me years to realise that my mates dad was actually ..... Ted Burgin.

I have a handful of really shit ones .

Keith Edwards scored a goal past me when he guest appearsed with my school under 13's team at training.

I used to deliver Derek Dooley's paper.

Kyle Walkers bird lived opposite my folks and he used to talk to my dad regularly..

Also, I once saw David White out running; I was running in the opposite direction in my Blades shorts. We both said a brief "hi".

Last edited:
Just to give bladesince64 summat else to complain about :p

How tenuous can you get with your link to a blades player or management team?

I'll start us off.

My partner's Mum's best mate is Chris Wilder's wife's Auntie. :cool:

One of my mates is THAT guy who invaded the bench away to Northampton and had selfies with wilder as the last few minutes played out.

Played in the same team as beesley and gayle at a charity tournament.

I post on a Blades forum where people I’ve never met also post and some of those people may have relatives or friends who know other people!

And I also bump into Tony Currie every other month or so in Worksop

Back
Top Bottom