Player Suggestion Premier League Recruitment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sarabia plays every game for Sevilla, on definitely more money than we can offer probs doesn't speed a word of English, why him?

And Dembele plays in China on probably 6 times what we can offer.
Sarabia : I wouldn’t be too sure on. Be difficult to imagine he is paid significantly more than we have been paying Madine and Hogan. Defo <£50k per week.

Agreed on Dembele as regards wages. But would make a hell of an addition if at all possible. We WILL have to break the transfer fee record and wages ceiling. That’s a given.

But I fail to see how transfer fees would be an issue with our new found riches, for the most part.

UTB

My shopping list, which I would consider realistic;

GK - Henderson (Loan)
RWB - Nathaniel Clyne (Loan)
STR - Neal Maupay (Brentford)
MID - Leroy Fer (Swansea)
ATT MID - Ollie Watkins (Brentford)
RCB - Mason Holgate (Everton)

+ cover for JOC - don't know who though.
Just read this list and thought, yeah they'd all be good signings but quite expensive.....then I realised we're rich now.

I think Reece James would make for a great overlapping RCB and would also offer versatility at RWB/midfield - would love a season loan for him.

Maybe Luke Freeman could make the step up in the Duffy role? Long term admirer since his Stevenage days

+1 on Mings. Would love Abraham and/or Maupay.

Waaaaa, serious?! I didn't think they could refuse a bid of that magnitude. Dack looked good against Norwich on Sat. Caused them problems and was a general handful with this movement and with the ball. Rest of his teammates were poor but that didn't hold him back.

Deffo didn’t turn down 25 million hahah didn’t happen

In financial terms we're potentially in an awesome situation. Pretty much no debt, wages covered by non-transfer income (for 2017/18 season anyway). Unless we had a huge promotion bonus, I would hope a decent amount of our new riches goes into transfer fees. Norwich are f*cked financially and they're still playing with a pot of £20m. With Parachute payments you can also afford to be a little generous with relegation wage drop clauses. Question...will the directors take a huge chunk for themselves...possibly.

In financial terms we're potentially in an awesome situation. Pretty much no debt, wages covered by non-transfer income (for 2017/18 season anyway). Unless we had a huge promotion bonus, I would hope a decent amount of our new riches goes into transfer fees. Norwich are f*cked financially and they're still playing with a pot of £20m. With Parachute payments you can also afford to be a little generous with relegation wage drop clauses. Question...will the directors take a huge chunk for themselves...possibly.

McCabe probably will because apperantly the club owes him
£50m

GK - Henderson £10m
RCB - Fosu-Mensah £7m
LCB - Tyrone Mings Loan
RWB - Matt Lowton £2m
LWB - Joe Bryan £6m
CM - Aaron Mooy Loan (option to buy)
CAM - Tom Cairney £10m
ST - Tammy Abraham Loan
ST - Ollie McBurnie £8m

Total - £43m + Loans

Obviously the cost's a guesstimates but shouldn't be too far off of the mar. If they are considerably higher I would move onto other targets.

Deano has asked Man Utd to let him stay here for another season, just seen it on Manchester Evening News online

In terms of recruitment approach and playing style, I think we're likely to take the Leicester approach from their title winning season, stick to what we know in terms of scoring goals, quick paced football when we win the ball and pressing all over the pitch to force errors and continue with overlapping centrebacks, high risk and reward can still work for us and it'll be fun to watch.

I think we'll add 3 quality signings in CB, CM and CF and then add a couple of squad players to improve on current quality of depth, as well as keeping Deano or replacing him with someone like Westwood (sorry not sorry) on a free.

We have to be looking at Leicester and Burnley as models to learn from, one for tactical approach and one for recruitment.

Simon Francis return? Plenty of PL experience...

If he still has the legs he'd make for good RCB, even right wing back competition. He was very good going forward, defensively decent too when Bournemouth first went up.

If he still has the legs he'd make for good RCB, even right wing back competition. He was very good going forward, defensively decent too when Bournemouth first went up.

Unfortunately, it appears he doesn't have the legs for it - he did his ACL in Dec.

Think we could do with another keeper too this summer and I don’t mean Henderson.

Feel a bad for writing him off but is Eastwood any good? Is he good enough to be a 3rd choice PL keeper?

GK - Henderson £10m
RCB - Fosu-Mensah £7m
LCB - Tyrone Mings Loan
RWB - Matt Lowton £2m
LWB - Joe Bryan £6m
CM - Aaron Mooy Loan (option to buy)
CAM - Tom Cairney £10m
ST - Tammy Abraham Loan
ST - Ollie McBurnie £8m

Total - £43m + Loans

Obviously the cost's a guesstimates but shouldn't be too far off of the mar. If they are considerably higher I would move onto other targets.
You list some very capable signings though we can't have more than 2 domestic loans so you'd have to drop one of those.

LCB is a recruitment problem. If JOC is fit, then he plays. I'd be surprised if Mings would come from Villa's starting XI to sit on the bench all season.

I think we're going to need to take players who cover a few roles to entice them. If someone could cover say O'Connell, Stevens and Fleck for instance that night entice them more. Ben Osborne was mentioned by Ricky. He can cover for Fleck and Stevens and allow the latter yo cover JOC. He's out of contract in 2020.

I think we'll also be shocked with how much clubs expect from us in terms of $.

I could imagine Fulham asking 15-20m for Cairney. He just signed a 6 year contract so there is no indication they're wanting to offload him.

Lowton has also started half of Burnley's games and signed a new deal at the beginning of the season. I can't see 2m being meaningful enough for them. Maybe double or treble.

McBurnie is the future for Swansea. Unless the Americans start panicking then I'd be surprised if they are not looking in the 12-15m range.

Players who are out of contract in a year are probably ones most of interest. Osborne is one of those. Bowen is also though you cannot help but think a Spurs should line him up along with Sessignon as the next wave of their recruitment. Both are out in 2020.

I ldeally you cover players with the least amount of recruits to keep the squad healthy.
Minimum:
1. Keeper
2. Competition for Bash and Baldock
3. Competition for LCB/LWB/LCM
4. Competition for Duffy / Second striker
5. Competition for Sharp

1. Henderson loan
2. James loan
3. Johanson free
4. Dack(10m) / Bowen(15m) / Browne(free) / Powell(free)
5. Robinson(7m) / McBurnie (12m) / Watkins(12m) / Maupay (15m)

Quite possibly Browne would be more of a CM alternative and you could add a Madine type as alternative if we wanted to go down that route.

I think we have to make a choice where to lavish the cash.

If you go for a striker and second striker/attacking midfielder that costs 10m+ each, then players like Johanson on a free and Browne on a free plus Hendo and another loan seem likely. I'd be surprised if we spent much more than Norwich's budget of 20m.

You list some very capable signings though we can't have more than 2 domestic loans so you'd have to drop one of those.

LCB is a recruitment problem. If JOC is fit, then he plays. I'd be surprised if Mings would come from Villa's starting XI to sit on the bench all season.

I think we're going to need to take players who cover a few roles to entice them. If someone could cover say O'Connell, Stevens and Fleck for instance that night entice them more. Ben Osborne was mentioned by Ricky. He can cover for Fleck and Stevens and allow the latter yo cover JOC. He's out of contract in 2020.

I could imagine Fulham asking 15-20m for Cairney. He just signed a 6 year contract so there is no indication they're wanting to offload him.

Lowton has also started half of Burnley's games and signed a new deal at the beginning of the season. I can't see 2m being meaningful enough for them. Maybe double or treble.

McBurnie is the future for Swansea. Unless the Americans start panicking then I'd be surprised if they are not looking in the 12-15m range.

Players who are out of contract in a year are probably ones most of interest. Osborne is one of those. Bowen is also though you cannot help but think a Spurs should line him up along with Sessignon as the next wave of their recruitment. Both are out in 2020.

I ldeally you cover players with the least amount of recruits to keep the squad healthy.
Minimum:
1. Keeper
5. Competition for Sharp

1. Henderson loan
2. James loan
3. Johanson free

Quite possibly Browne would be more of a CM alternative and you could add a Madine type as alternative if we wanted to go down that route.

If you go for a striker and second striker/attacking midfielder that costs 10m+ each, then players like Johanson on a free and Browne on a free plus Hendo and another loan seem likely. I'd be surprised if we spent much more than Norwich's budget of 20m.
I agree with a lot of your post. The rule for loans at two from the premier league, Aaron Mooy is a championship player.

You may well be right concerning mings.

Cairney is 28 and after a fairly poor season in the premier league (1 goal, 1 assist) I think he’s gettable for sub £15m.

Lowton, maybe slightly under valued him at £2m but should certainly be in the £2m-£5m range.

Johansen is a good shout on a free.

I am holding hopes that Neil can stay up and relegate Brighton... they have some good, Pascal Gross would be my first choice for the Duffy role.

Joe Allen anyone ?

Ridiculous wages, allegedly. Doesn't really fit the value for money criteria which Wilder has specified he wants. Depends if he wants to take a big pay cut to play in the Premier League again.

Ridiculous wages, allegedly. Doesn't really fit the value for money criteria which Wilder has specified he wants. Depends if he wants to take a big pay cut to play in the Premier League again.

40k isn’t ridiculous for us anymore I’m sure Allen would take day a 20 k cut if he wanted to play prem football again

Would be a cracking signing , still got loads to prove and is a proven premier and international

40k isn’t ridiculous for us anymore I’m sure Allen would take day a 20 k cut if he wanted to play prem football again

Would be a cracking signing , still got loads to prove and is a proven premier and international
40k might be too much for a player that doesn’t come straight into the first team.

Minimum:
1. Keeper
5. Competition for Sharp

1. Henderson loan
2. James loan
3. Johanson free

Good player browne, but he's not out of contract this summer and would likely cost £5m plus. Which wouldn't be out of the question though. Powell for free is a must for me if he can satisfy cw etc about his injuries, similar to didsy last year. 2 players I would look at would be Greg Taylor from Kilmarnock. Can play Lwb and Lcm, so cover/competition for Stevens and fleck. If joc was injured Stevens could move in. The 2nd would be Ryan Christie from Celtic, plays Cam and Lcm, so Duffy and fleck competition.

Minimum:
1. Keeper
5. Competition for Sharp

1. Henderson loan
2. James loan
3. Johanson free

Well cairney just signed a new contract until 2024 :(

Good player browne, but he's not out of contract this summer and would likely cost £5m plus. Which wouldn't be out of the question though. Powell for free is a must for me if he can satisfy cw etc about his injuries, similar to didsy last year. 2 players I would look at would be Greg Taylor from Kilmarnock. Can play Lwb and Lcm, so cover/competition for Stevens and fleck. If joc was injured Stevens could move in. The 2nd would be Ryan Christie from Celtic, plays Cam and Lcm, so Duffy and fleck competition.
Has Browne signed a new deal? According to transfermarket he runs down this summer. They might not be updated of course.

I’ve seen a few people mention Fosu Mensah is he even any good. Every time I’ve watched him on MOTD he’s been awful.

I’ve seen a few people mention Fosu Mensah is he even any good. Every time I’ve watched him on MOTD he’s been awful.
I don’t think he has lived up to the hype so far, but he is still young and IMO looks a perfect fit for our RCB role.

Back
Top Bottom