Player Suggestion Marcus Maddison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

At the Derby County game on Boxing Day someone who sits behind me on the Kop was also told Maddison from Peterborough joining us in the JTW, apparently a done deal.

The guy who told me was a friend of a friend of a credible source. Took the news with a pinch of salt as transfers can easily change at the last minute, just ask Neil Warnock regards his “done deal” when he tried to sign Nathaniel Clyne this week.

Last edited:

At the Derby County game on Boxing Day someone who sits behind me on the Kop also told Maddison from Peterborough was a done deal.

The guy who told me was a friend of a friend of a credible source. Took the news with a pinch of salt.
Similar situation to me pal, never trying to be a solid source, just what I’ve heard, id happily take it to be fair...

Could be the reason Lafferty has gone there and could be the reason we are delaying announcing Madine....

I thought similar about lafferty, could just be coincidence but would make sense we do them a favour if we’ve made a deal with them already

My only issue is his current situation, he’s just had a new born baby, may this lead to problems?

I thought similar about lafferty, could just be coincidence but would make sense we do them a favour if we’ve made a deal with them already

My only issue is his current situation, he’s just had a new born baby, may this lead to problems?

Possibly the opposite, he's from the north east.

It would cheer me up if we signed him. I know their chairman said we did enquire about him a few months ago.

1m?

Since when would McAnthony, known for getting big money for his players accept a bid of 1m?

1m?

Since when would McAnthony, known for getting big money for his players accept a bid of 1m?

How long has he got left on his current deal though? I think he was expecting him to leave for big money in the summer and it didn't happen.

He signed a new deal just over a year ago. His contract won't be up in the summer. But he might have a release clause.

He's a good player but who's place is he going to take? Duffy now has competition from Dowell so where does Maddison fit in?

Unless we start playing with just the one "holding" midfielder:

Henderson
Basham - Egan - O'Connell
Baldock - Norwood/Fleck - Stevens
Duffy - Dowell/Maddison
Sharp - McGoldrick​

3-3-2-2 formation which could end up forcing the wing backs in too narrow. Unless Maddison can play a little deeper in the Fleck or Norwood role? But I thought he was more of a CAM (behind the striker(s))

He's a good player but who's place is he going to take? Duffy now has competition from Dowell so where does Maddison fit in?

Henderson
Duffy - Dowell/Maddison
Sharp - McGoldrick​

3-3-2-2 formation which could end up forcing the wing backs in too narrow. Unless Maddison can play a little deeper in the Fleck or Norwood role? But I thought he was more of a CAM (behind the striker(s))
We have competition for Duffy for 6 months, and if Duffy gets injured we have dowell or a formation change... Striker seems to be put to bed for now so if we’ve got the opportunity to get a long lasting replacement in for Duffy it’s worth trying to juggle 3 in the position for a few months

Henderson
Duffy - Dowell/Maddison
Sharp - McGoldrick​

He can also play on the wing if required. I reckon Maddison could be used in a couple of positions.

He can also play on the wing if required. I reckon Maddison could be used in a couple of positions.

Assume the left wing? He's left footed isn't he?

That could enable a 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 diamond or even a 4-1-3-2:

Norwood
Duffy - Fleck - Maddison​

Assume the left wing? He's left footed isn't he?

That could enable a 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 diamond or even a 4-1-3-2:

Norwood
Duffy - Fleck - Maddison​

Well Lafferty has just gone to them and Johnson is doing nothing to impress. It would give us another option out wide.

Back
Top Bottom