The club that keeps giving

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Poor form from the Trotters not waiting until christmas eve for the traditional managerial sacking.

Some of the deluded have even asked for the return of Carlos the clown.

Correct, that is the trouble with foreign owners, no understanding of a clubs long and proud tradition. All he had to do was wait while Monday and maintain the ethos.
But no, he jumped the gun and proved that he has no real feel for the club.

Love the fact they will blindly be behind him.

If they'd appointed Saddam Hussein with Osama Bin Laden as assistant manager they'd be delerious.

Couple of thoughts:

Turned to an ex-United manager in their hour of need

Last time he faced the Blades he got pasted 4-1 and with better players

He's a manager that needs money

Their 8 figure P&S hole they need to fix in the next 6 months is still there

They've continued their despicable practice of sacking a guy at Christmas - Dooley, Carlos and now Jos. Scum.

Does the managers compo and the incoming managers wage come into this FFP calculation? Because Bruce isnt going to work for minimum wage.The unclean are going on about his record at Championship level, well its not great (2 promotions I think) with 10 clubs, hes been sacked about 3 times, walked out twice after very short spells and also resigned a couple of times, he likes to have millions to spend also, his overall win % is 38.5.

If they'd appointed Saddam Hussein with Osama Bin Laden as assistant manager they'd be delerious.

Couple of thoughts:

They've continued their despicable practice of sacking a guy at Christmas - Dooley, Carlos and now Jos. Scum.
He couldn't get Villa promoted with that squad they had and the money. Not really worried about them getting in Bruce. He will start well I am sure, but in the long term, they will be in a worse position than when he arrived. I can't really recall a club that he has left in a better state than when he joined.

His Villa team was shite towards the end, he couldn't motivate them. Good appointment in my book, especially if they are paying him two million quid.

His Villa team was shite towards the end, he couldn't motivate them. Good appointment in my book, especially if they are paying him two million quid.
How can they pay him £2m a year !? I get more confused by the day with this FFP. He says they’re in the shit if they don’t go up. They won’t go up. So they now are reportedly going to offer Bruce £2m a year.

How can they pay him £2m a year !? I get more confused by the day with this FFP. He says they’re in the shit if they don’t go up. They won’t go up. So they now are reportedly going to offer Bruce £2m a year.

Ticket prices up again or more players out in the January sales.

But he said he won’t sell his players. He is full of BS though to be fair.
He said he wasn’t going to sack Jos. Is the club still up for sale or has someone explained there’s more chance of Chesterfield playing in the champions league than him getting £100m?

He couldn't get Villa promoted with that squad they had and the money. Not really worried about them getting in Bruce. He will start well I am sure, but in the long term, they will be in a worse position than when he arrived. I can't really recall a club that he has left in a better state than when he joined.
Wigan, Huddersfield. I think that’s about the lot. And that was some time ago. He’s been quite disloyal throughout his career and has tended to walk as soon as a better opportunity arises, or the board don’t give him what he wants. Given Wednesday’s situation, I’d be surprised if he accepts, once he knows the difficulties of the job.

Couple of thoughts:

Now they've sack three at Christmas will they do a losers lap of honour today?

Wigan, Huddersfield. I think that’s about the lot. And that was some time ago. He’s been quite disloyal throughout his career and has tended to walk as soon as a better opportunity arises, or the board don’t give him what he wants. Given Wednesday’s situation, I’d be surprised if he accepts, once he knows the difficulties of the job.
Not so sure on Huddersfield. They finished 8th under Bruce (10th the season before) and were then relegated the year after, not getting back in to the Championship until you know when.

Not sure either. Chansiri said that the club would be in the brown stuff if it didn't go up, yet off the record said not to worry about P&S/FFP because he's "owed a few favours".
He said at the forum that what the fans put in is a mere trifle. That's true, but of course it determines what he's allowed to spend of his own money. If he engages Brucie, then he'd be giving the fans - or at least a majority of them - what they want. So is it a pretext for higher prices? Apart from "favours", the only way I know of to get around FFP is to increase turnover. He reckons he's trying to solve the problem - which means looking for loopholes - but if there are any I don't know of them.

Not sure either. Chansiri said that the club would be in the brown stuff if it didn't go up, yet off the record said not to worry about P&S/FFP because he's "owed a few favours".
He said at the forum that what the fans put in is a mere trifle. That's true, but of course it determines what he's allowed to spend of his own money. If he engages Brucie, then he'd be giving the fans - or at least a majority of them - what they want. So is it a pretext for higher prices? Apart from "favours", the only way I know of to get around FFP is to increase turnover. He reckons he's trying to solve the problem - which means looking for loopholes - but if there are any I don't know of them.
It is quite a mystery what will happen there. I’m interested to see if they can’t play the high earners due to bonuses or in Westwood’s case (the rumour I’ve heard) if he plays anymore games he can trigger a contract extension.

On thing is for sure, Brucey will be off if he’s not given funds,

Long time slow time BP. Long time slow time.;)

But he said he won’t sell his players. He is full of BS though to be fair.

Wednesday could sell Reach, but the snag is that the way Brucellosis plays requires those on the pitch who can conjure something from nothing. With FF out Reach is one of the few who can.

FFP rules doesnt affect what the club pay the manager and backroom staff. Same for Academy and ground improvements

I heard recently about a player being signed as a ‘favour to an agent’. Apparently it wasn’t an isolated incident, clubs will sometimes sign a player they don’t really want in order to sweeten up an agent so they can get the player they do want. I’ve no way of verifying this but it wouldn’t surprise me. If one of your players leaves in an unlikely deal, then I may be right.

Thats it then, Jose is nailed on as their new manager! ;)
Imagine when he starts with his ‘the world is against us, everyone hates us’ stuff. They’ll all be tweeting him saying ‘no, everyone loves us, it’s the other lot they hate’.

Of course, there isn’t a room in Sheffield big enough for his and Chancer’s egos so it won’t happen.

Didn't Chancer actually say something like "we have friends", grinning like a Cheshire cat, when asked about FFP some time ago?, would be interesting to see if anyone ever bothered to investigate D-Taxi and Elev8?

At some point in the future, I hope the whole murky story comes out, Doyen, t'owd Paxo, and who the others in the "consortium" really are (remember when he arrived he said he was heading a consortium, which changed over time to him being sole owner).

It couldn't happen could it?, a corrupt network of sports agencies, all owned by the same people, people who would never pass a "fit and proper" test, latch onto a naive "front man" and use a football club as their own personal ATM, moving around their players and their managers (Carlos and Jos both Doyen men), on big contracts, so they get paid both the finders fee and the agency cut.

Chancer arrived as part of Thai Union Foods group, but that is his Dad's company and they soon had to stop using the TUF name.

It's like some money laundering "Soprano's" storyline, surely it could never be true?

Didn't Chancer actually say something like "we have friends", grinning like a Cheshire cat, when asked about FFP some time ago?, would be interesting to see if anyone ever bothered to investigate D-Taxi and Elev8?

At some point in the future, I hope the whole murky story comes out, Doyen, t'owd Paxo, and who the others in the "consortium" really are (remember when he arrived he said he was heading a consortium, which changed over time to him being sole owner).

It couldn't happen could it?, a corrupt network of sports agencies, all owned by the same people, people who would never pass a "fit and proper" test, latch onto a naive "front man" and use a football club as their own personal ATM, moving around their players and their managers (Carlos and Jos both Doyen men), on big contracts, so they get paid both the finders fee and the agency cut.

Chancer arrived as part of Thai Union Foods group, but that is his Dad's company and they soon had to stop using the TUF name.

It's like some money laundering "Soprano's" storyline, surely it could never be true?
I’m not sure any of that is illegal, unless they are actually money laundering.

True, although I thought you hd to pass a "fit and proper" test to own an English club?, maybe not.

And while it may not be illegal, it would be, hilarious!

I am sure everything is legal...but I am also sure that nothing is done with the interests of SWFC as a priority, let alone paramount importance.

True, although I thought you hd to pass a "fit and proper" test to own an English club?, maybe not.

And while it may not be illegal, it would be, hilarious!
I remember the Arab guy who took over Portsmouth, he passed the fit and proper persons test
A year later it transpired he didn't even exist

Back
Top Bottom