'He's one of our own' book

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sat by the pool at our daughters. I'm reading Danny's book, Mrs NYB is tweaking Ollie's song. She says it isn't close enough to the original Shotgun. Just can't get away from Dem Blades :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 19

Still waiting for mine, but it has to clear dozens of post offices here and probably a trip through customs (weeks). Should have asked to get it delivered by hand, down in Ecuador. At least it should arrive by Xmas.

Its my birthday tomorrow and my kids have told the missus that it would make a good present. If not I’ll nick her card and buy one.

Bought mine from Waterstones in Truro last week and asked if they could post it to me for when I got back to God's country. Just received it today and can't wait to start reading.

I think I've read every single book by every player to pull on a Blades shirt. Some were better than others.

My personal favourite (thus far)(Danny) is without doubt Blade Runners : Lives in Football, mainly because it refers to many players / managers / etc from my era. I think I've read and re-read this book probably 5/6 times and I recommend it to everyone.

My point of all this though is this. Even though Amazon is the cheapest way of purchasing books, it cannever replicate the magical atmosphere of a real live bookshop which to an avid reader is meat and gravy (Truro Waterstones even has leather sofas where you can just sit with a coffee and try before you buy or even just look at the pictures)

And - back in the room!!!

Just finished the book, fantastic work and Danny04 you should be proud.

Just one thing though, this "Neil Hoyle" bloke who contributed doesn't half write some drivel ;)

Just finished reading it last night. Very enjoyable to relive the moments I witnessed and some I didnt.

Must say I prefer the passages written by the players rather than bits written by supporters as this gives us 'fans' an inside perspective on their thoughts on CW AK and what goes on behind the scenes. Still interesting though.

If anyone hasnt read it yet, get a copy of Blades Runners. Many excerpts written by players, managers, chairmen etc and many by people no longer with us. Excellent read for all Blades.

Just finished reading it last night. Very enjoyable to relive the moments I witnessed and some I didnt.

Must say I prefer the passages written by the players rather than bits written by supporters as this gives us 'fans' an inside perspective on their thoughts on CW AK and what goes on behind the scenes. Still interesting though.

If anyone hasnt read it yet, get a copy of Blades Runners. Many excerpts written by players, managers, chairmen etc and many by people no longer with us. Excellent read for all Blades.
Cheers mate. That was the thinking... cover all bases. Others say they really enjoyed the fan pieces. And someone, somewhere will have liked the bits from me. Surely. Anyone? :D

Brilliant book Danny, thank you for writing and for your diligence when it came to getting the opinions of such a wide range. Really enjoyed it.

The link took me to the big cartel site which looks like the same site. Is it not?

I saw the mind bit mentioned of Facebook but didn’t use their link.
It is the same, mate. Should have said any copy sold through me, that’s all. Cheers

Still waiting for mine, but it has to clear dozens of post offices here and probably a trip through customs (weeks). Should have asked to get it delivered by hand, down in Ecuador. At least it should arrive by Xmas.
Has it arrived yet mate?

Does it have an anti bouncing cover then I might be tempted...:D....right need to email mi sister...mi birfday present I think.......

Does it have an anti bouncing cover then I might be tempted...:D....right need to email mi sister...mi birfday present I think.......
No cover but that game features very prominently, including a chapter from Duffy himself

Random one... if any Bens or Nicolas want a book, PM me for a deal :D

Ordered my Dad a copy of this and the Bob Booker book for his birthday, he's on strict instructions to bring them with him when he comes to visit next month and leave them with me to read after.

Mine arrived yesterday, a birthday pressie from mi sis,got home from work, went down to mi co-op and got some beer, made some tea then just curled up on the sofa and read it whilst supping a few bottles, cracking read Danny and some great interviews, so won't spoil it for anyone....advice wear slippers when carrying it as if you drop it and it lands on yer tootsies, edge on it bloody hurts....:D and it don't bounce either....

Mine arrived yesterday, a birthday pressie from mi sis,got home from work, went down to mi co-op and got some beer, made some tea then just curled up on the sofa and read it whilst supping a few bottles, cracking read Danny and some great interviews, so won't spoil it for anyone....advice wear slippers when carrying it as if you drop it and it lands on yer tootsies, edge on it bloody hurts....:D and it don't bounce either....
Thanks mate, enjoy :)

Got a mint copy for sale £5 collected from Killamarsh. Make an excellent Christmas present

Really good read, highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom