'He's one of our own' book

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

stringer

Views my own.
Reaction score
Blades and Bladettes, hopefully by now you've heard about my book on Chris Wilder's SUFC revolution, ingeniously titled 'He's one of our own' (I know, I had to really dig deep to come up with that one). The first thread was sidetracked a little and with kind permission from Foxy, there are a few updates to share with those few of you that will be interested :D

So... the book is now available to pre-order via its own dedicated website, as well as directly through me on here/Twitter/FB etc.

It's currently slated for release in early September - I'm still hopeful it might be a little earlier - and features contributions from, amongst others: Messrs Gage, Pack, Garrett, Wright, Duffy, Currie, Coutts, Stearman, Slater, Holmes, Knill, Brooks, Clarke and Wilder. Plus a few members of this very forum, and a whole heap of fan pics documenting the Wilder years thus far. And, yes, a Kryten-looking CW :D

IMG_2402.jpg

Any queries please feel free to PM me, and thanks for reading this far :)

Blades and Bladettes, hopefully by now you've heard about my book on Chris Wilder's SUFC revolution, ingeniously titled 'He's one of our own' (I know, I had to really dig deep to come up with that one). The first thread was sidetracked a little and with kind permission from Foxy, there are a few updates to share with those few of you that will be interested :D

So... the book is now available to pre-order via its own dedicated website, as well as directly through me on here/Twitter/FB etc.

It's currently slated for release in early September - I'm still hopeful it might be a little earlier - and features contributions from, amongst others: Messrs Gage, Pack, Garrett, Wright, Duffy, Currie, Coutts, Stearman, Slater, Holmes, Knill, Brooks, Clarke and Wilder. Plus a few members of this very forum, and a whole heap of fan pics documenting the Wilder years thus far. And, yes, a Kryten-looking CW :D

IMG_2402.jpg

The kit on the book cover is wank and it needs to be a black badge instead. :)

Joking apart, good work Danny.

I do recommend it strongly but that’s a review from Alan Biggs :)

No it’s not harvested from this forum (as The Star isn’t)

Always amazes me that Mr Hall posting always seems to bring out the keyboard warriors/bullies with their sly digs behind their internet alias.

Top work fellas. Really adds to the fabric of being alive on planet earth...

Good luck Danny. Hope sales are strong!

Does it begin being about United and then quickly turn to be pro-Wendy, like The Star always does??

I did wonder why you hadn’t put your order in yet :D

Judge for yourself
Cool, do you need my address to post my free copy??, stick a self addressed envelope in with it, and il return it with my honest opinion, as soon as I've read it.
Thanks.

IMG_2402.jpg

What happened to the head size?
It's doubled in width and circumference
since 1989.

Always amazes me that Mr Hall posting always seems to bring out the keyboard warriors/bullies with their sly digs behind their internet alias.

Top work fellas. Really adds to the fabric of being alive on planet earth...

Most of it's tongue in cheek fella

Seriously, good luck with that

You might need to shift them early though because by January it might be a bit outdated

Thanks. It's only covered the first two seasons of Wilder's time, so it'll certainly be out of date. Not ruling out a sequel though! It might be a bit Blades-heavy for you though :D

Too much hate for Danny04 on here. Yes he works for wendy's unofficial fanzine, but he's only making a living like everyone does. I'm sure that if there was a neutral local paper that paid him the same wage he'd rather work there, but there isn't so he has to make the best of a bad job.

Good effort Danny04 . I look forward to reading your book :)

Thanks. It's only covered the first two seasons of Wilder's time, so it'll certainly be out of date. Not ruling out a sequel though! It might be a bit Blades-heavy for you though :D

Not enough pictures to colour in?

The stock answer of most bullies...

It was only a joke.

Only hope Danny is laughing...

I'm sure he is. As a Star journo he's going to get the piss ripped out of him to an extent, we all know that.

IMG_2402.jpg

I don’t want to spoil it for anyone, but can you tell us if it has a happy ending?

You'll have to wait until December for me as ill probably ask for it for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom