'He's one of our own' book

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Had the day off today and smashed through the lot of it. It was a cracking read, a solid 9/10. It would have been a rare 10 but i feel it needed some explosions and maybe a car chase at the end.

Seriously though, top bombing. Have you thought much about if you'll have a go at another book? It was structured a bit like a month by month seasonal review and I'm sure a lot of us would be absolutely bang up for reading one of them every year. Give it a few years and you're basically the club historian at that point.

:)

Can't put this book down, I half read it last night. Danny has to endure a lot of piss taking due to working for The Star but he has produced a masterpiece of a book for any bladesfan. One to add to your bookshelf.

Have you thought much about if you'll have a go at another book?

Hang on a minute, he was the office junior making tea 5 minutes ago. Since his new found uber-fame as an author and tv star*, he hasn't had time to insult me or be generally objectional on here. Before you know it he'll be like J K Rowling having plastic surgery, ginger removal and living in LA or something....

Give it a few years and you're basically the club historian at that point.

He'd have to join the queue.

If I'm queue monitor then Silent Blade is at the front with Revolution a bit behind. If grafikhaus didn't stick so many bits on about his 'proper nawty days' he'd be up there too.

* SheffieldLive but included for the purposes of hyperbole.

Had the day off today and smashed through the lot of it. It was a cracking read, a solid 9/10. It would have been a rare 10 but i feel it needed some explosions and maybe a car chase at the end.

Seriously though, top bombing. Have you thought much about if you'll have a go at another book? It was structured a bit like a month by month seasonal review and I'm sure a lot of us would be absolutely bang up for reading one of them every year. Give it a few years and you're basically the club historian at that point.

:)
As I should coco rightly states there are many ahead of me in the queue and without sounding disrespectful, the historian/statto thing isn’t for me. I’m more about the stories, the colour, delving into Mark Duffy’s past when he gave up on football and what it was like for Jake Wright in the Conference when he was scrapping for his livelihood and his family. That’s what I wanted to try and get across and if I’ve even half succeeded, I’m chuffed with that

As I should coco rightly states there are many ahead of me in the queue and without sounding disrespectful, the historian/statto thing isn’t for me. I’m more about the stories, the colour, delving into Mark Duffy’s past when he gave up on football and what it was like for Jake Wright in the Conference when he was scrapping for his livelihood and his family. That’s what I wanted to try and get across and if I’ve even half succeeded, I’m chuffed with that

Looking forward to reading it Danny04

Hope there aren't too many long words as I intend to spend most of the holiday very very drunk :)

I'm in Sheff for a couple of days this week and wouldn't mind picking one up, is it available offline anywhere? (Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else in this thread)

Picked one up off Amazon last week, will be a Christmas present for my dad.

Is that with or without orange boiler suits?

taking advantage of 25% are we?

The boiler suits are extra, I'm following the Ryanair model. I'm feeling somewhat charitable though so as a result of that, customers won't be charged for the water usage during our Waterboarding Experience.

I would have taken advantage, but seeing as how Ms Crab's family are coming I thought I'd better book with an airline where we have a sporting chance of not having our remains scooped up from the runway at Faro. These sort of things put a crimp in your holiday and don't look great on Tripadvisor either..............................

The boiler suits are extra, I'm following the Ryanair model. I'm feeling somewhat charitable though so as a result of that, customers won't be charged for the water usage during our Waterboarding Experience.

I would have taken advantage, but seeing as how Ms Crab's family are coming I thought I'd better book with an airline where we have a sporting chance of not having our remains scooped up from the runway at Faro. These sort of things put a crimp in your holiday and don't look great on Tripadvisor either..............................

Faro? - secrets out now - watch out the strip in Albufeira - the crab gang are coming :)

It's a shame Amazon are tight, then again I am too, which is why I went for the cheaper option. It's a vicious cycle.
Don’t blame you, but that’s how they undercut - taking it from the author. I notice it’s back up to RRP on there now though
confession time Danny, ordered it off Amazon, sorry :( UTB
No hard feelings. Can I rely on you for a review on there? (Only if you like it though) :D

Don’t blame you, but that’s how they undercut - taking it from the author. I notice it’s back up to RRP on there now though

No hard feelings. Can I rely on you for a review on there? (Only if you like it though) :D

Just ordered 50 Danny - from Amazon and going on Ebay in the next 10 mins :p:p:p

Bought mine from Wordery, not sure if that's good or bad, but cheers anyway Danny.

I bought my copy direct from the author, I was lucky enough to get mine hand delivered as well.

It’s a cracking book.
Cheers Brownie appreciate the support mate, and glad you're enjoying it

Danny04
I've decided to buy one for a birthday present which means I need it before this weekend. If I order one direct from you, can this be arranged? I can travel to collect if necessary.

It is a fantastic read, great book Danny.

Agreed. Great read. Finished now and loved it.

A word on Amazon; devil’s advocate. I read a good essay on book shops versus amazon. A book shop, independent or chain, will choose X amount of the books on the shelves. They might not pick your book despite how good it is. They only have enough space for so many books. Amazon don’t do that; it’s a free for all. By no means a fair model, as they take too large a cut, but (and tax arguments to one side) I think there’s a positive in their model.

Listen, I know they pick up the profit and they aren’t a model I like. But it’s not an evil versus villain argument. There’s plenty of self made ebook authors out there who wouldn’t have Jack published, let alone a career, without Amazon.

All that said, buy it from the chuffing author!!

Back
Top Bottom