'He's one of our own' book

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

morning all just finished the book and laid in the sun in lanzerote. last day of a week away

cracking read brings back lots of good memories, when you read it you seem to forget the games we threw away last season and just what could have been, one thing it does is fill you full of pride and how good we have got it right now i.e we have got our club back.

sadly i was all pumped up ready for the millers game and the team play probably the worst they have under wilder although dull sway runs it close..

anyeay cracking read danny loved it thank you

UTB

morning all just finished the book and laid in the sun in lanzerote. last day of a week away

cracking read brings back lots of good memories, when you read it you seem to forget the games we threw away last season and just what could have been, one thing it does is fill you full of pride and how good we have got it right now i.e we have got our club back.

sadly i was all pumped up ready for the millers game and the team play probably the worst they have under wilder although dull sway runs it close..

anyeay cracking read danny loved it thank you

UTB
Great to hear, thanks mate

Got the book yesterday, by page 16 i'd read about Northampton away and running commentary of Duffy's bouncer killer v the Pigs, my heart was pumping and i had a lump in my throat, great stuff and really appreciate how Danny has put into words many of my thoughts as to where the club is now and how we all need to appreciate how far we've come and how close the fans, players, manager, staff are to achieving something great, a quote was "Wilders DNA is the same of the supporters, he's one of our own".

The closest i've felt to the club since the Bassett Days, i put it down at youthful exhurbarance, but i have the same feeling now when i walk into Bramall Lane.

Fuck the moaners v Rotherham, this club is going places with Wilder at the helm, i just pray we can keep him as i believe if he isn't backed in January he'll be off in the summer.

Got the book yesterday, by page 16 i'd read about Northampton away and running commentary of Duffy's bouncer killer v the Pigs, my heart was pumping and i had a lump in my throat, great stuff and really appreciate how Danny has put into words many of my thoughts as to where the club is now and how we all need to appreciate how far we've come and how close the fans, players, manager, staff are to achieving something great, a quote was "Wilders DNA is the same of the supporters, he's one of our own".

The closest i've felt to the club since the Bassett Days, i put it down at youthful exhurbarance, but i have the same feeling now when i walk into Bramall Lane.

Fuck the moaners v Rotherham, this club is going places with Wilder at the helm, i just pray we can keep him as i believe if he isn't backed in January he'll be off in the summer.

A bit like a ' happy clappers ' bible then :rolleyes:;)

Danny04 just finished reading your book. Great read, and makes you understand what being a Blade is all about. Some nice quotes, I especially enjoyed Leon's, Alan Knill and Chris Wilder's although there were many. Cheers

Danny04 just finished reading your book. Great read, and makes you understand what being a Blade is all about. Some nice quotes, I especially enjoyed Leon's, Alan Knill and Chris Wilder's although there were many. Cheers
Thanks mate

For those asking about Kindle version, it’s ‘ere

For anyone looking for a Christmas gift, or to receive one, personalised paperback copies are still available at www.bladesbook.co.uk
Season’s greetings to all

For anyone looking for a Christmas gift, or to receive one, personalised paperback copies are still available at www.bladesbook.co.uk

Brilliant, finally! Just bought and looking forward to reading it.

Apologies for buying through the format that generates a minuscule proportion of the sale price for the author.

Just a gentle nudge that the last order date for guaranteed Christmas delivery is next week, if you’re after a last-minute gift (or just something for yourself) :D

www.bladesbook.co.uk

Final call for Christmas delivery! www.bladesbook.co.uk

Also just wanted to say thanks for all the support and positive comments. Quite humbling, really! And thanks to Foxy for allowing me to plug.

Merry Christmas, Blades.

Mrs FB ordered 2 of the books last week off bleeding Amazon 1 for bro in law and 1 our lad not sure what she paid:(

Been bought it for Xmas - will let you know how I get on !

UTB

PS: just bounced the thread - it was down on page 4 ;) tut tut for letting it get too far down.

Cheers all!
If your stocking was He's one of our own-less, rectify that by visiting www.bladesbook.co.uk :D

I resisted the Kindle version and hoped, just hoped, that Mrs Grappler would remember to write to Father Christmas on my behalf. Top Blade girl that she is, she did indeed remember, and good old, larger than life, red and white wearing Father "there's no bigger Blade than me" Christmas, did indeed deliver.

Pride of place, under the tree!

I resisted the Kindle version and hoped, just hoped, that Mrs Grappler would remember to write to Father Christmas on my behalf. Top Blade girl that she is, she did indeed remember, and good old, larger than life, red and white wearing Father "there's no bigger Blade than me" Christmas, did indeed deliver.

Pride of place, under the tree!
Fantastic news! Enjoy, mate.

I bought and read the book before Xmas, but couldn't pass on my views because it was a present for my lad, and as he posts on here, I didn't want him to know I was reading his book! I absolutely loved it. The topic is a gift, but you have done a really good job on the material. The structure works well, with the sections at the end of each chapter written by fans, players, etc. The pedant in me always looks for errors, but I enjoyed reading it so much that I soon stopped looking... It reads well. I apologise that you only get one set of royalties for the 2 readers, and it might be passed on to my daughter as well. But I have recommended it to others. I look forward to vol 2. Have you got the title ready yet?

I bought and read the book before Xmas, but couldn't pass on my views because it was a present for my lad, and as he posts on here, I didn't want him to know I was reading his book! I absolutely loved it. The topic is a gift, but you have done a really good job on the material. The structure works well, with the sections at the end of each chapter written by fans, players, etc. The pedant in me always looks for errors, but I enjoyed reading it so much that I soon stopped looking... It reads well. I apologise that you only get one set of royalties for the 2 readers, and it might be passed on to my daughter as well. But I have recommended it to others. I look forward to vol 2. Have you got the title ready yet?
Thanks mate appreciate the kind words. I’ve got a few ideas for titles up my sleeve but any suggestions always welcome :D

I've just finished reading the Kindle version. Thanks for capturing a piece of Blades history Danny04. You should be very proud to have written this book. Good on you for mentioning mental health and the teacher that said you wouldn't amount to anything in the acknowledgements.

UTB

I've just finished reading the Kindle version. Thanks for capturing a piece of Blades history Danny04. You should be very proud to have written this book. Good on you for mentioning mental health and the teacher that said you wouldn't amount to anything in the acknowledgements.

UTB
Thanks, mate. Something very important and something that is still an issue, to be honest. But the book helped so thought I should include it in case it helps just one other person. Glad you enjoyed it - happy new year

Back
Top Bottom