'He's one of our own' book

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely a book about Billy Sharp's historic contribution is next? ('Sharp Shooter'?) His impact - like Wilder's - has utterly transformed United's fortunes since he joined us for the third time in 2015/16 (21 goals in a piss-poor team that probably saved us from sinking into the fourth tier), 2016/17 (30 goals that saw us storm to promotion with 100 points), 2017/18 (when his 13 - and Leon's 19 - goals consolidated our place in The Championship) and this season's 16 - so far - which has lifted us into the autos.
We're witnessing history in the making here:
  • Playing under Chris Wilder (107 League appearances), Billy has scored 59 goals and United have never lost a League game under Wilder when Billy has scored!
  • On January 1st 2019, Billy Sharp scored once in a 3-0 win at Wigan. This was the 44th consecutive League game where Sharp had scored and United had not lost (starting at home to Rochdale on 13th Aug. 2016).
  • Billy Sharp became just the third player to score 200 career goals in English league football this century when he scored twice against former club Leeds in Sheffield United's 2-1 win on Feb. 10, 2018. His first goal in this game came after just 70 seconds and the penalty he scored later in this same game was goal number 201. Since then, he has scored another 19 league goals so his total now stands at 220 - an English League record this century (he reached this record-breaking landmark with a goal at Wigan on 1/1/2019). Sharp joins Rickie Lambert (219) and Wayne Rooney (208) in the 21st century 200 club.
  • Another incredible run for Sharp ended on 22nd December 2018 in a 1-1 draw at Ipswich. Prior to this game, United had won the previous 21 consecutive league games where Billy had scored (starting at home to Bolton on Feb. 25th, 2017).
Eight different clubs, three stints at United and a (so far) 14-year+ career. Plenty of material to go at there.

Gerronit, Danny04 !

Cracking read Danny and a piece of work you should be justifiably proud of !

By the sound of things there's going to be another book on its way and I wondered if you'd given any though to the inclusion of all of the " back room " manoeuvring that clearly took place when Wilder assumed control . It's a difficult topic to cover as obviously Chris is still at the helm and he's probably loath to dish the dirt right now but I'd be interested to hear exactly what obstacles he's had to remove as part of his " revolution " at the Lane. I guess we will all have to wait to hear the full gory details in that respect !

Cracking read Danny and a piece of work you should be justifiably proud of !

By the sound of things there's going to be another book on its way and I wondered if you'd given any though to the inclusion of all of the " back room " manoeuvring that clearly took place when Wilder assumed control . It's a difficult topic to cover as obviously Chris is still at the helm and he's probably loath to dish the dirt right now but I'd be interested to hear exactly what obstacles he's had to remove as part of his " revolution " at the Lane. I guess we will all have to wait to hear the full gory details in that respect !
Cheers mate. By the backroom stuff what do you mean? PM me if it’s easier

Also had the book given for a christmas present, an excellent read, you should be very pleased with your efforts. Brought back some magical memories, ive criticized your employer on many occasions but for this your own works , nothing but praise. Keep up the good work
Utbftp

How have the sales gone, if you don't mind me asking? Better or worse than expected?

Seen a good few of them floating round.

Chapter one was by my old pe teacher at Thornbridge comp - step forward Andy Pack. Another of my pe teachers st the same school was Ron Reid who helped shape our academy ( he married the French teacher and you would’ve)!

Just finished your book, Danny and it really is an excellent read. I think I must have had something in my eye when reading of the events at Northampton and when the coach arrived back at Bramall Lane. Incredible memories and you captured the moment perfectly

Just finished your book, Danny and it really is an excellent read. I think I must have had something in my eye when reading of the events at Northampton and when the coach arrived back at Bramall Lane. Incredible memories and you captured the moment perfectly
Cheers!

If you haven't got this book then I recommend you to get it!

It should be a compulsory read for all Blades, and for those that can't wait to criticise McCabe have a look at page 31. Made me laugh when I first read it and it still makes me smile now. He may not be perfect but he too is definitely "one of our own"

It should be a compulsory read for all Blades, and for those that can't wait to criticise McCabe have a look at page 31. Made me laugh when I first read it and it still makes me smile now. He may not be perfect but he too is definitely "one of our own"
So’s Mickey Adams. Can’t I criticise him either?

Thanks for the kind words. I had to check page 31 though to see which bit you meant!

You can criticise anyone you want, that's your prerogative.

Personally I would never criticise anyone for doing their best but ultimately failing at something I know that I couldn't do myself.
You added the second paragraph after I gave the post a like. I’m tempted to remove it now. ;). What’s your view on Mr Chansiri?

You added the second paragraph after I gave the post a like. I’m tempted to remove it now. ;). What’s your view on Mr Chansiri?
Out of his depth, but I don't have the cash and couldn't do any better so I'm not going to have a go at him.

I'm perfectly happy for him to carry on doing his best :)

As promised, some more stock has arrived so until kick off on Monday, I’m offering free U.K. delivery on all orders - PM me or go to www.bladesbook.co.uk :)

0-C9-B595-B-265-B-442-F-8-AAD-FD4-A30-CA36-BC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom