Team V Leeds.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you make any changes?

Brooks to start
Donaldson to start?
Wright in?
Moore to replace shaky Blackman?

Leeds play midweek in Cup let’s hope extra time and some injuries.
sorry guys but i hate these 50 page speculative posts about what the team will be.. ooh will stearman start.. will we sign messi in midweek.. but would he start! duffy is playing really well blah blah
Wilder will only change the team if one of the players is out of form or if there are injuries.. he picks the team on form

Unchanged, Donaldson on for Billy at half time if he's not in the game.

We’ve got qpr Tuesday after as well so would expect changes in one of them. Expect the Leeds team to be the same as reading and then changes for qpr though

Brooks was shite yesterday, but I'd play him for this one. He's proved to everyone that he's a big game player. And a meg will be compulsory against the scum.

Also, just as the bounce got killed, that foolish "marching altogether" nonsense needs extermining too. Duffy off the bench on the hour mark to do the honours.
Yeah I don't think he looked good yesterday, but he did come on when we had our backs against the wall, so perhaps it's just another learning curve for him. Then again he went through one on one and set Clarke up for a one on one, so not bad for poor cameo.

Blackman

Basham CCV O'Connell

Baldock Coutts Fleck Stevens

Duffy

Brooks Clarke

Subs: Moore, Stearman/Wright, Lafferty, Lundstram, Carruthers, Donaldson, Sharp

Definitely harsh to leave Sharp out, and a shame to at a ground he's familiar with but I think the Brooks and Clarke combination is currently our best one for an away game like this. It worked at Hillsborough, I can see it working again at Leeds. Horses for courses, and we should look to rotate with the forward options we have.

I think it'll be an unchanged team though.

I totally agree mate, the forward line is the only area that we can afford to tinker with. The other areas are so strong and to change them would be a mistake.
Can't see it happening but I agree that Brooks and the Don/Clarke would do me.

We just need to keep that Saiz quiet because as far as I have seen, Leeds have nothing else. I fancy O'Connell to deal with that big new forward who replaced Woods.

Brooks was shite yesterday

Bit Harsh - he didn't have time to get into the game and he DID put Clarkey through on goal with a pass so delicious it got a Michelin star.

Also, I think Clarke deserved Man of the Match.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I'm worried about this one to be fair. Dirty Weeds are an annoying side and doing well. Often these games end up being less about football and more about avoiding getting sent off or getting kicked. Hopefully we can come away with a least a draw. If Brookes is the player we think he is, he needs to start matches like this.

Nobody played poor enough to lose their shirt.

People always say don't change a winning team but who plays does to an extent depend on the opposition. This is a game I'd like to see Brooks start in but I agree no one deserves to be dropped, least of all Duffy.

Can we please stop with the we need to drop Blackman stuff. He’s doing pretty well in my book... fair amount of clean sheets and the fact he’s a giant I think makes teams do different things with their set prices.

I’ve heard people blame him for the goal Saturday (for me JOC ‘fault’ if any fault was to be apportioned). I know we always have a crowd scapegoat and now Lafferty isn’t playing it seems to have fallen to The big man.

Note: at the moment we don’t actually need a scapegoat. Things are going well. Stop finding fault and enjoy!

UTB.

Are you suggesting leaving out Duffy?

I’ve said before that we can play Brooks as part of a front two, or as one of two attacking midfielders behind one striker, but his defensive ability is not good enough to play him as one of the midfield three with two forwards. The period between him replacing Duffy and Lundstram coming on for Sharp was evidence of this. Duffy has to start for me but I’m happy to see Brooks up top.
Don't get me wrong, Duffy is awesome, but we can't keep playing and playing him, also, as a sub he's awesome, come on with 30 mins to go and hes a game changer.
So I'm not suggesting he be left out at all, just a little rest and brought on later in the game, he's a player we don't wanna lose through injury etc if we can help it.

Brooks to start
Donaldson to start?
Wright in?

I’m agreeing with Wright to start. Don’t understand why he’s not in the starting lineup. Don’t think Jana has done anything wrong but Moore is more experienced and vocal, it’s a difficult one would like to see Donaldson back on after his performance at Sunderland.

Leeds have some very talented attacking players, so I would start the early warning system in human form that is Jake Wright; CCV makes way.
Elsewhere I would be tempted to give Donaldson a run out with Sharp.
Otherwise unchanged, with a bench full of options.

For me, it's Clarke and Brooks starting in one match, Sharp and Donaldson in the other. I am not bothered which two start in each match, but the natural order would be to let the captain lead out based on his excellent performance on Saturday. Key is that we have fresh legs for this Friday/Tuesday/Saturday string of matches. All four of these should be on the team sheet for both away matches. The rest of the side should go unchanged, health permitting and performance at practice warranting. Bottom line: CW will get it right.

I'm not really in the know, of how Leeds play, however I wonder if Wilder will go for a similar set up to the one at Hillsborough and pack the midfield?

If this Saiz is their main threat from attacking midfield, having 3 in the middle should help that. Of course, that would mean Duffy would drop to the bench (harsh) and either Wright come in with Basham moving into midfield, or Lundstram to come in.

The upside is, if Leeds start getting excited when they equalise, singing 'We're The Champions, of Europe' nonsense, we can bring Duffy on to shut them up too.

Leeds have some very talented attacking players, so I would start the early warning system in human form that is Jake Wright; CCV makes way.
Elsewhere I would be tempted to give Donaldson a run out with Sharp.
Otherwise unchanged, with a bench full of options.

Whhhhhaaaatttt? Drop Leon? Are you crazy... Leon is the answer...

And why would we drop CCV... I think Wright has proved he’s good enough for this level... but CCVs Pace and strength just tick more boxes for me...

Whhhhhaaaatttt? Drop Leon? Are you crazy... Leon is the answer...

And why would we drop CCV... I think Wright has proved he’s good enough for this level... but CCVs Pace and strength just tick more boxes for me...

I would only drop him to freshen up if required. Leon ran himself ragged on Saturday but if he is still fresh then fine and after 5 days he probably should be. The Don also has a bit more pace which might come in handy although I would be equally happy if he came on as sub.

As for Wright, I just think we will need his calm head as that Leeds forward line can be devastating. Nowt against CCV though either. He's done very well so far.

As for Wright, I just think we will need his calm head as that Leeds forward line can be devastating. Nowt against CCV though either. He's done very well so far.

JW’s had his share of shaky moments in the last month or so. Think his ‘calm’ reputation prevents some people seeing it. Certainly dodgy moments against that lot at Hillsborough and against Norwich

Brooks to start
Donaldson to start?
Wright in?

Replace Blackman? Have you actually lost the plot, like actually lost it. Please go and find the plot immediately before coming back onto this thread.

JW’s had his share of shaky moments in the last month or so. Think his ‘calm’ reputation prevents some people seeing it. Certainly dodgy moments against that lot at Hillsborough and against Norwich

Agree with this. Had Carter-VIckers had a couple of similar moments, it would have been picked up on straight away as 'inexperience'.

Keeper and back three doesn't change for this one. The only potential change will be up front for me, but I can't see that happening.

All players do from time to time. Still think he reads the game better than any other CB we have. Just my opinion though.

Leeds played 4-3-3 at Bristol City but have usually been 4-2-3-1 and I expect them to revert to that at home, probably to get Pablo Hernandez in the team.

The 3 attacking midfielders are good players, especially Saiz, and they're flexible positionally. They'll be the main thing to worry about but rather than change anything about our system to combat it, our wing backs should probably play a little more defensively.
That's where Brooks would come in. He'd be the outlet to compensate for anything we'd lose offensively from the wing backs. We'd have more on the counter attack, and that could be important in this game.

As for CCV or Wright, how do you look at it... Leeds have good attacking players so go with Wright because he's experienced and composed and will organise us? Or go with CCV because he can deal with those players better in one on one situations? I'd go with CCV because the main player we're talking about here is Lassoga, a big strong centre forward. I'd rather have CCV up against him, and would also fancy him to deal with their nimble attacking midfielders better.
It should also be noted that Wright has made quite a few mistakes with the ball recently, which will enter Wilder's thinking. CCV has looked quite good on the ball and seems comfortable enough in the central position.

I'd like to think the defence isn't as reliant on Wright's organisation as it was. Basham and O'Connell have both played there for a while now and shouldn't need as much help. But to be honest I think the reason it often looked much worse without Wright is because it was Ebanks-Landell playing in the middle, and while he was a decent CB, he was unsuited to that role. Our alternatives to Wright now are more able to play this role so we shouldn't notice as much of a difference when he's not playing.

Back
Top Bottom