Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thing is there is a split coming in football. There will be the big commercially unviable clubs in two leagues then development teams and small clubs in the lower leagues (Rotherham playing ManC U23's in cup and no ones complaining this season, its happening). there might even be a split off with a European season league in a few years. FFS Everton just spent £30 on a keeper and £45 on a midfielder.

What is for sure is under our business model and ambition we will be in the latter. McCabe is a reight Blade but he's a businessman first and wants to make a profit whereas other owners want to write off tax and launder money. Question is do we, the fans want to be in the filthy game or stick to our historical roots and be proud of our oldest football ground tag, a museum?

'Launder Money'

I've been saying that for years and no one wants to listen.

But where better to recycle millions upon millions of dirty cash on a daily basis?

Thing is there is a split coming in football. There will be the big commercially unviable clubs in two leagues then development teams and small clubs in the lower leagues (Rotherham playing ManC U23's in cup and no ones complaining this season, its happening). there might even be a split off with a European season league in a few years. FFS Everton just spent £30 on a keeper and £45 on a midfielder.

What is for sure is under our business model and ambition we will be in the latter. McCabe is a reight Blade but he's a businessman first and wants to make a profit whereas other owners want to write off tax and launder money. Question is do we, the fans want to be in the filthy game or stick to our historical roots and be proud of our oldest football ground tag, a museum?
If you're from a fairly corrupt country and have loads of money do you really need to launder money? Likewise, when you can stick your money in offshore accounts and avoid tax legally, why would you lose loads of money on a football club to avoid tax? It seems a bit counter-productive.

I've got no idea how things will pan out and I've stopped predicting the future since Brexit and Trump but it seems you've created a 'worst case scenario' to support a 'panic' argument - that if we don't spend more money than the owners have, we're doomed to be stuck with the likes of Walsall for eternity. I don't think it's that likely.

Do we need to invest more? Yes, I think right now we do. Sensibly, while we have a manager that knows what he's doing.

'Launder Money'

But where better to recycle millions upon millions of dirty cash on a daily basis?
Any country that takes a more lax view of money laundering and doesn't have anti-money laundering regulations.

Any country that takes a more lax view of money laundering and doesn't have anti-money laundering regulations.

Plenty to choose from, airline magazines are full of them, with adverts explaining how you don't need to live in that country for more than a few weeks every year, buy a property, so you have an address, and pay a six figure sum (or higher) into the "Government economic growth and education development fund".........

'Launder Money'

Hugely expen in London
Plenty to choose from, airline magazines are full of them, with adverts explaining how you don't need to live in that country for more than a few weeks every year, buy a property, so you have an address, and pay a six figure sum (or higher) into the "Government economic growth and education development fund".........
You mean become a Non-dom! :)

Fuck me, you'd need a very big brown envelope to write that on ;)

If you're from a fairly corrupt country and have loads of money do you really need to launder money? Likewise, when you can stick your money in offshore accounts and avoid tax legally, why would you lose loads of money on a football club to avoid tax? It seems a bit counter-productive.

I've got no idea how things will pan out and I've stopped predicting the future since Brexit and Trump but it seems you've created a 'worst case scenario' to support a 'panic' argument - that if we don't spend more money than the owners have, we're doomed to be stuck with the likes of Walsall for eternity. I don't think it's that likely.

Do we need to invest more? Yes, I think right now we do. Sensibly, while we have a manager that knows what he's doing.
Do you ever envisage us spending £100 million on 2 players like Everton and at the same time £1 million for DCL who couldn't get in our team? They will sell the latter for £10 in a few years and we will be salivating at £1 sell on clauses. It's our level of ambition under McCabe, he will not risk his entire wealth on sufc.

Not a worst case, as you say Brexit, trump, Corbin worlds gone mad

Do you ever envisage us spending £100 million on 2 players like Everton and at the same time £1 million for DCL who couldn't get in our team? They will sell the latter for £10 in a few years and we will be salivating at £1 sell on clauses. It's our level of ambition under McCabe, he will not risk his entire wealth on sufc.

I really don't know. If we did get in the PL and the money is similar to now, yes. Especially if we'd just sold a striker for £70m odd.
That's the thing with clubs like us and some of our unmentionable rivals, if any of us got into the PL I'd expect them to make a better fist of it than the likes of Swansea (who've done exceptionally well) simply because we'll have as much money (plus a bit extra from bigger gates and better sponsorship) and will attract better players. It's a case of who gets there first really.

Then again, it could all come crashing down in a couple of years time. Who knows, I wouldn't even be that shocked if God appeared in the sky tomorrow and said 'I'm not really a god, just an alien and I've been living on this planet in semi-human form and calling myself Jonjo Shelvey. Anyway, I'm sick of football so from now on it's a sin'. And then flew off in his spaceship to the sound of the Pet Shop Boys.

You seriously saying that McCabe is somehow in the wrong because he won't risk his entire wealth on SUFC?

I'd see a doctor if I were you :rolleyes:

With things going quiet on both Lenny's & ITK's telling us we need £6m (!?!?!?!?!) to land CC maybe worth looking elsewhere - lad @ Wigan may be worth a squint ?
Ideally we'd get both 'im & t'Wolves captain - Morsy : Coady anyone ?

Brayford and 2m gets you Jackson Irvine surely!?
Especially since it takes the beard 'home'.

Not if they've already (allegedly) knocked back £3m from Derby

Aye, I think he'd be closer to £4m. In todays market a young, goal scoring midfielder in the Champ can be worth nearer £10m! I doubt he'd be that, but I cant see us signing Jackson for a minute. Us losing the last two games doesn't help us either in our pursuit of more established Champ players, or Prem squad players. Leonard may well still be our best bet. I still think that will happen.

You seriously saying that McCabe is somehow in the wrong because he won't risk his entire wealth on SUFC?

I'd see a doctor if I were you :rolleyes:

No, read it again, he just hasn't got the funds to compete and I agree he won't risk the lot on sufc. So we are between a rock and a hard D place with a owner who can't compete but won't sell.

I would say that he will sell if he finds the right buyer and we are more likely to find the buyer now we are in the championships

I would say that he will sell if he finds the right buyer and we are more likely to find the buyer now we are in the championships

Agreed we are only one of the few big clubs left without foreign or big investment

Correct. He has said it all along that if he found the right buyer, he would sell but hes not going to sell us to any two hat who farms tuna.

Correct. He has said it all along that if he found the right buyer, he would sell but hes not going to sell us to any two hat who farms tuna.

Nowt to do with Coady mate, but what's with the Carry on Sid James pipe photo, I think Bert has done the same? Is this is a piss take out of Port talk?

Little old Burton, knocking back 3million from Derby.
Is this
Appreciation?
confirmation?
Observation ?
Protestation?
Disbelief ?
Ridicule?

Whichever was your intention I'm sure some on here will be able to slate Kev Jong Un for not offering enough; not holding out for more for (insert name); not buying Irvine last season for £350k (or season afore for nowt) 'allowing' Burton to be in the same league as us .......

Back
Top Bottom