Goalkeeper

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good shout, although the fact that they would rather keep Mark Howard over Ben Amos does concern me...

I think it was a situation like Brayford for us last season where he was on too high a wages for them. Went on loan to Cardiff if I recall.

I'd imagine with their financial situation still not being cleared up that he may have been released more for that reason than him not being better than Howard.

I think it was a situation like Brayford for us last season where he was on too high a wages for them. Went on loan to Cardiff if I recall.

I'd imagine with their financial situation still not being cleared up that he may have been released more for that reason than him not being better than Howard.

They might want to release him but he's on a big wage for 2 more years.

They might want to release him but he's on a big wage for 2 more years.

True dat. He would probably have to take a pay cut to get here and accept that we wouldn't guarantee him a starting place.

For what it's worth IF he agreed to the above I think he would provide good competition for Moore and with them both being similar ages would help them develop further.

IF.

Hearing we have a new keeper joining in the next couple of days. No.2 to Simon Moore.

Having played a major part in winning promotion for the Terriers, I can't see him been happy in a Championship reserve team potentially playing no games all season.

The only way we'd get him would be to offer the starting berth ahead of Moore.

Which would not be a bad idea. As I've said before, the latter has too many obvious weaknesses for my liking which I fear will be sadly exposed at Championship level.

Hearing we have a new keeper joining in the next couple of days. No.2 to Simon Moore.

Hopefully a decent number 2 that would actually challenge/compete with Moore and push him to make him better.

Genuinely, if it's just a body to fill the number 2 spot we'd have been as well just keeping long on the books - for the amour of games he'll have to play

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was likely to be completing with Mignolet now. Bogdan is off to Forest and Karius is been dire.
According to Sky Klopp said he is yet to decide who his No1 keeper either Mignolet or Karius, the move might be too ambitious for us but wouldn't it be great to have the player that shafted Wendy in the penalty shoot out in goal for us.;)

The goalkeeper coming in is from a Premier League team that won something last season

Were they a prem team when they won something?

Or is it Newcastle and Freddie Woodman

No it's not Newcastle,I don't know a name just the club he is signing from,a Premier league team last season

Manure?

Kieran O'Hara perhaps? Plays for ROI under 21s.

Jamal Blackman from Chelsea?

Played a lot for Wycombe last season. Sort of player we'd look at.

Jamal Blackman from Chelsea?
My thoughts initially. Either him or Dean Henderson at Man United, who was on loan at Grimsby last season.

I might be putting two and two together and getting thirty three, but who knows?

A Prem club would want their keeper to be considered first choice, unless of course he was getting on in years and was paid decent money to come here as backup.....unless anyone has any more credible ideas?

A Prem club would want their keeper to be considered first choice, unless of course he was getting on in years and was paid decent money to come here as backup.....unless anyone has any more credible ideas?

Yeah it's a strange one. I suppose he will get more game time here than at one of the big clubs even if he's 2nd choice but you would have thought they'd have wanted him to get guaranteed action.

That said we have had many a loan from the bigger clubs that weren't in the team week in, week out. In fact Harry Chapman hardly started a game just last season but Boro were happy for him to come back after his injury.

My thoughts initially. Either him or Dean Henderson at Man United, who was on loan at Grimsby last season.

I might be putting two and two together and getting thirty three, but who knows?
Dean Henderson has gone to Shrewsbury on loan, so it's not him.

Hopefully a decent number 2 that would actually challenge/compete with Moore and push him to make him better.

agree with that

Genuinely, if it's just a body to fill the number 2 spot we'd have been as well just keeping long on the books - for the amour of games he'll have to play

it's not though is it - we have to cater for the situation if the first choice goalkeeper gets injured, which is why your first point is valid

Yeah it's a strange one. I suppose he will get more game time here than at one of the big clubs even if he's 2nd choice but you would have thought they'd have wanted him to get guaranteed action.

That said we have had many a loan from the bigger clubs that weren't in the team week in, week out. In fact Harry Chapman hardly started a game just last season but Boro were happy for him to come back after his injury.

I agree Roy, but I'd be interested to know how a decent keeper could be lured on a loan? Maybe the answer is to buy one?

Chapman should have played more games for my money, but such is life, we moved on and I hope he has too.

Back
Top Bottom