Where do they live these days.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This may be a bit late as it's taken me all weekend to log on.

Firstly, congratulations on your position in the league. From bottom to top since I last looked is most commendable and means when I get back to the UK the 60% of my friends who support United might be buying the celebratory drinks. I have other more important things to think about than footy, but I really don't see Wednesday getting into the Prem this year….so would be good to see both Sheffield teams smashing the Championship next season.

Anyway back to the topic in hand.

Back in the early sixties both Tommy Hoyland and Johnny Fantham had shops at the top of our road in a council estate known as Old Greenhill. So much for the maximum wage, both these guys had to work hard after football retirement to get by. Good to see them playing footy together with a tennis ball to amuse the youngsters amongst us. Shortly after I left Jamie Hoyland played for United , but I presume he had moved away from Greenhill by that time.

I moved out to Dronfield in the 80's and yes it appeared that every United player was living there and also that every body else was a Unitedite (apart from me obviously). I had an insurance agency at the time and one of my customers was Joe Shaw who was living on the Gosforth Valley estate. I think I remember that he was a groundsman at a golf course bust I'll stand corrected on that in necessary. Now this is where it got exciting as I had Vinnie living opposite my house at Hilltop ( later to be Simon Tracey). Good guys, many a BBQ and the only negative was when Vinnie watched Wednesday beat Man. U in the League cup at my house and wouldn't have a glass of bubbly with me at full time. He did know his football though.

I then moved to Whirlow, where it appears that it's mostly Wednesday players...I had Carlton and Wilko as neighbours, and most of the directors. Strangely most of my other neighbours (and drinking pals ) are Unitedites. Met up again with Simon Tracey who by this time had moved to Parkhead.

Please don't think the move to Whirlow places me in the Tory Toff nose bubbly swigging elite...I was born in ('on the') Arbourthourne….and could see the Lane from our house. So god knows how I became a Wednesday ite.

Good luck this afternoon and again, well done.

How much did you and Swan get for your corruption?
And why aren't you still running The Meadowhall inventing non existant lodgers to claim Board and Lodging benefits.
Once a swindler always a swindler.

Firstly, congratulations on your position in the league. From bottom to top since I last looked is most commendable and means when I get back to the UK the 60% of my friends who support United might be buying the celebratory drinks. I have other more important things to think about than footy, but I really don't see Wednesday getting into the Prem this year….so would be good to see both Sheffield teams smashing the Championship next season.

Back in the early sixties both Tommy Hoyland and Johnny Fantham had shops at the top of our road in a council estate known as Old Greenhill. So much for the maximum wage, both these guys had to work hard after football retirement to get by. Good to see them playing footy together with a tennis ball to amuse the youngsters amongst us. Shortly after I left Jamie Hoyland played for United , but I presume he had moved away from Greenhill by that time.

I moved out to Dronfield in the 80's and yes it appeared that every United player was living there and also that every body else was a Unitedite (apart from me obviously). I had an insurance agency at the time and one of my customers was Joe Shaw who was living on the Gosforth Valley estate. I think I remember that he was a groundsman at a golf course bust I'll stand corrected on that in necessary. Now this is where it got exciting as I had Vinnie living opposite my house at Hilltop ( later to be Simon Tracey). Good guys, many a BBQ and the only negative was when Vinnie watched Wednesday beat Man. U in the League cup at my house and wouldn't have a glass of bubbly with me at full time. He did know his football though.

I then moved to Whirlow, where it appears that it's mostly Wednesday players...I had Carlton and Wilko as neighbours, and most of the directors. Strangely most of my other neighbours (and drinking pals ) are Unitedites. Met up again with Simon Tracey who by this time had moved to Parkhead.

Please don't think the move to Whirlow places me in the Tory Toff nose bubbly swigging elite...I was born in ('on the') Arbourthourne….and could see the Lane from our house. So god knows how I became a Wednesday ite.

Which house was Vinnie Jones's/Simon Tracey's on Hilltop Road? I only ask because that's where I live now.

Brave man, coming out as one of them so early!
As you are my age and off t'arbourthorne, I'm intrigued. Whereabouts? And what school? (Or had you upmarketed to 'Old' Greenhill by that stage).

Mark Beard (remember him!) lived on Holly Grove, just off Hollybank Road in Sheffield, when they were first built...

And John Gannon used to live somewhere near Graves Park/Derbyshire Lane. We used to see him, from the school bus, walking his dog most W*****day mornings. This was confirmed with him and Simon Tracey (who said it was the dog taking Gannon for a walk...) at a GT Sports autograph session in Crystal Peaks. Old skool.

Doesn't look like the mighty Park Hill Flats housed any famous footballers. Mind you David Ford lived on their in the 60's.

Adrian Littlejohn lived next door to my mum and dad on Moorview Road at Woodseats. Brian Gayle rented a house on Westwick Road, Greenhill, when he first came to us.

A fella I sit with at games is in the removals business and he's always telling me about various players he's moved. However the only one I can remember now is that Coutts lives at Totley.

My dad did some decorating work at TC's house in the 70's and he said he was an arrogant cunt, however Dad is a pig fan so I've always dismissed his opinion.

Adrian Littlejohn, also used to live on Bryony Close at Killamarsh, opposite me, had a wife and 3 kids then. Nice bloke, used to do weight training in his garage, with very loud rap music blaring away. The wife and older daughter were more interested in his 6 pack than knowing he scored against South Barnsley

Last edited:
Paul Garner lived at Waterthorpe on Sandy Acres

Sir Keith lived in a house opposite Intake bus terminus

TC's child or children went to Dronfield church play school where my mum helped out in the early seventies and he signed my Blades diary which was a present for Christmas in either 72 or 73

Darren Currie rented the house opposite my parents on King Ecgbert Road when he was at Chesterfield ,he sold my Dad his car when he left,right bargain for Pater it was

So, reading through this thread Sabella lived at Crystal Peaks (before it was built), Waterthorpe, Westfield and Mosborough. Before anyone says they are all the same, there's a very conspicuous black Range Rover, complete with smoked windows and the letters BBC on his numberplate often seen in those parts. I'll gladly ask him to visit you and debate the issue if you wish to persist.

So, reading through this thread Sabella lived at Crystal Peaks (before it was built), Waterthorpe, Westfield and Mosborough. Before anyone says they are all the same, there's a very conspicuous black Range Rover, complete with smoked windows and the letters BBC on his numberplate often seen in those parts. I'll gladly ask him to visit you and debate the issue if you wish to persist.

I think both Trusson and Sabella lived on Sandy Acres along with Garner at one bit,which is definetly Waterthorpe

Paul Beesley lived in Dronfield woodhouse as did Howard kendall I believe. Saw Danny Wilson drinking in the Woodside pub in Brampton, Chesterfield the day he got the utd job. Believe he lives up that way. Also Diego di girolamo lived(s) with his parents in Newbold, Chesterfield.
Bees still lives here (in Dronny that is)

I think both Trusson and Sabella lived on Sandy Acres along with Garner at one bit,which is definetly Waterthorpe

Don't argue with him for Gods sake, he'll threaten to send the boys round. Presumably in their private reg vehicles.....

:)

Bob Harris lived on the same new build estate as me until about two months ago - just off Manvers Way in Wath.

Not a Blade but Kirk Broadfoot lives on the next one on - see him walking round a fair bit.

Sabella lived in the house opposite where I live now in Waterthorpe he moved into it in 1978 when it was built new

Working for a parcel company get to see a few famous faces. Sharp lives at dore for certain

Working for a parcel company get to see a few famous faces. Sharp lives at dore for certain

This is coming from a 3rd hand story but I can well believe it,
I heard from a mate of mine who's mate delivers parcels and said Baxters place was an absolute tip, he lived in the new apartments near beauchief abbey apparently

I grew up on Churchdale Road in Frecheville, and John McGeady used to walk past our house to catch the bus on Birley Moor Road very often. This was around the time he made his first team debut, so must have been around 1976. Very nice guy, always used to stop for a chat with us kids.

Back
Top Bottom