Where do they live these days.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The big house next to Salisbury Road

It wasn't that big Silent, it was the cottage on the corner of Hill Top Road and Southwood Avenue. The back garden must have been sold for housing as you could spit over the fence from the back door. I lived at by the side of the notorious Hill Top Club. Gareth Taylor was my neighbour. My lad had a signed United shirt that he never had off his back, except when Gareth was in the garden then for some reason he was too shy to wear it.

Ha ha! The Cardwells often went there around that time and stayed after drinking hours too. I remember Ansh going there a few times.

Was in the Rock one night with Mick Cardwell talking football with Tudor. Can't remember which game JT was on about, but Moose interrupted him saying, "yeah, we kicked fuck outa their fans that day."

I think others have replied with an answer by now. Just to confirm it was the detached cottage where the road split at the end of Hilltop road to form the new ( that is 30 years ago) henry Boots estate that was built on the Golf course land.
Thanks, I know the one you mean. A ten second walk from my front door. I knew Dronfield Hill Top had a reputation for swinging but I never knew Hollywood hard-man Vinnie Jones lived on there.

Your not far from me then.

How old are you now bud?

I used to live oppositeish and I thought it was his parents rather than grandparents (not that it matters too much!) :)

Also think a relative of Dane Whitehouse (Uncle?) used to live further down Hawthorn...

You are right,it was his Mum and Dad,we used to live right at the top of the cul de sac on Hawthorn on the left side,I didn't know that about Danes relative btw

Pretty sure Asaba and Page still live in Totley - saw Asaba there a couple of years ago and we exchanged "good mornings"!

I've seen both CW and Brayford in the Rising Sun at Fulwood, next to Tesco and I think they live near by.

Ginger Pig Pemberton, played for Everton as well - spent a new years eve party with him in the new posh estate opposite the Beauchief hotel in the late 90's as he lived there too - nice bloke actually, for a pig.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Bassett lived at Old Hay Gardens (or Close) in Dore

Oh, and I met Gary Pigson a few times in the early 80's in Oughtibridge as we had mutual mates - seemed ok but that was then

Thanks, I know the one you mean. A ten second walk from my front door. I knew Dronfield Hill Top had a reputation for swinging but I never knew Hollywood hard-man Vinnie Jones lived on there.
I must have knocked a few balls into your garden off the 3rd at Hallowes G C

Badger lived in Dronfield in the 1970s and is now back living in Dronfield . TC lived in Dronfield too as did John Hope. Hemsley has been living in Dronfield for a long time (not sure if he still does)
When TC lived in Dronfield on Ashford Road in mid 70's my mum taught both his son and daughter, and his son was good mates with my brother when both were in infants / juniors together. Looking back was quite surreal going around to TC's house to pick him up after school. It was the period when he played for us and then Leeds but still lived in Dronfield. TC ws back living in Dronfield not so long ago (well probably a few years ago now) and would still talk to my mum when they met at the shops. I believe he has moved on again though. Knew I was a massive Blade so always asked if I was still going.

In the early to mid 90's a lot of Blades and pigs frequented The Miners in Dronfield. Had some fun abusing Sterland and Varadi when they came in wearing their Leeds shirts on the evening of the Leciester match. We got back and went straight there and had a brilliant night.
Also frequently saw our (ex) manager, his assistant and coach in there, all pissed.

A few used to live at Bradway. As a kid I went autograph hunting and found Steve Charles, John Matthews and Danny Bergara were all friendly. Bergara invited us in.

Tracey lived on kenwell drive in bradway and maybe he still does, who knows.

Snap!
Why is it that although I'm 37, I feel 57!?

Dane Whitehouse lives in Treeton. Lots of blades memorabilia on the walls.

Lived on Hawthorn until I was 25, now live just outside Peterborough (not footie or Blades related but just around the corner from Wolfie Adams!) ;)
I assume you live in Market Deeping?
I used to live on Bourne and still play golf at Toft. Know a few peeps from around MD.
I'm in Colsterworth now.

Back
Top Bottom