Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One of the best threads ever. Every picture of The Lane is recognisable, the streets around it, the church spires above John street. I remember the old pavilion in the car park but never seeing it as a 3 sided ground (except for the John street rebuild).

This thread really does remind me how lucky we are to be able to look back at 100 year old photos and feel the lineage that makes us so fucking brilliant, grounded in our historic environment. Over time, in the long term, the value of this, will, hopefully increase.

We're coming to get em!

Utb, merry Xmas, god bless one n all.

Part from pig fans

Bramall Lane c. 1868

12289591_10153264331105950_7386269246845640966_n.jpg

One of the best threads ever. Every picture of The Lane is recognisable, the streets around it, the church spires above John street. I remember the old pavilion in the car park but never seeing it as a 3 sided ground (except for the John street rebuild).

This thread really does remind me how lucky we are to be able to look back at 100 year old photos and feel the lineage that makes us so fucking brilliant, grounded in our historic environment. Over time, in the long term, the value of this, will, hopefully increase.

We're coming to get em!

Utb, merry Xmas, god bless one n all.

Part from pig fans

There isn't a football stadium anywhere in the world that has a history like ours.

_83638321_sewergasdestructorlamp.jpg

Amey are in the process of renovating these lamps as part of the "streets ahead" work a few will be restored to original condition but most will be fitted with LED's which will give of a similar level of light as they did when burning gas. Pity Amey are not conserving trees as well as the do old street lamps.

It's been reported Amey have been helping themselves to some of these. All in the cause of making the footpaths safer of course.

Back
Top Bottom