Yids in your end....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dear Rayyid,

your-a-took.png

The End!

I believe a cockney is some one who was born within the sound of Bow Bell?

If they're from south of Chesterfield then they are to all intents and purposes a Cockney. Nottingham, Watford, London, France, Morocco, Namibia, Emperor penguins, all Cockneys the lot of them.

Once you get past Mam Tor they're all Mancs or Scousers until you gind Yanks and Moose-Shaggers, and going North it's either Pigs, Dingles, Dirty Leeds, Geordies, Jocks, Vikings or polar bears.

East is just a huge wasteland from the Tinsley viaduct until you get to Holland, then there's cheese, vodka, big hills, great food, then China.

And that's why I only got a "C" for O Level geography. :D

If they're from south of Chesterfield then they are to all intents and purposes a Cockney. Nottingham, Watford, London, France, Morocco, Namibia, Emperor penguins, all Cockneys the lot of them.

Once you get past Mam Tor they're all Mancs or Scousers until you gind Yanks and Moose-Shaggers, and going North it's either Pigs, Dingles, Dirty Leeds, Geordies, Jocks, Vikings or polar bears.

East is just a huge wasteland from the Tinsley viaduct until you get to Holland, then there's cheese, vodka, big hills, great food, then China.

And that's why I only got a "C" for O Level geography. :D

Just like for me, anyone north of Watford is, in fact, a "dirty Northerner".

missed out on a ticket tonight and I know loads went up there, read yr clubs statement in regards to yids having tickets in yr end, did you lot see any?

Yids
This isn't a dig, you're support was awesome, but you didn't want all the tickets we offered you.
Why would there be any of you in our stands?

I'm "Yid" it does indeed refers to someone of Yiddish origin. It actually started as a term of abuse used in Russia towards Jews during the progroms osme 100+ years ago which is why some find it offensive. I'm Jewish and don't find it offensive when used to refer to Spurs fans. Perhaps Spurs fans do, but as levels of Anti-Semitism go in this country I find it pretty irrelevant.

People are way, way over-sensitive these days, Jid is just a normal word for a person of Jewish origin in many European languages, Yiddish is the name of a Jewish language. Spurs have traditionally had strong ties with the Jewish community of North London, and their Chairman is Jewish. The fans seek to identify with the club's history and grassroots, and have had the nickname "Yids" for many years. It's no big deal, even if they're not from the Jewish community. Many Jews in Finchley, Golders Green, Stamford Hill etc still suport the club passionately.

I used to live in Stamford Hill and am of Jewish origin. There was no problem with the term in the past, when I lived there. It's all about the context in which the word is used. When Spurs fans refer to themselves as Yids they are using the term in a positive way, and claiming the word back from racists.

Can you honestly say that the use of the term by Spurs fans makes the country more anti-semitic? I think its use makes us less so.

The only argument I can think of against the use of the term is that fans of other London teams will say things like "I can't stand those Yid bastards". But anyone with half a brain will realise that they are referring to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, not an entire people or religion.

There was some prat sitting in front of me loudly (drunkenly) discussing with his friend how (it being a day after the memorial ceremony at Auschwitz) 'they (the Nazis) should have had a go at the pakis not the yids'. He followed up with 'you're just a bunch of fcuking jews' and I intervened.

I told him that we weren't all gentiles in this crowd, this shut him up and he was very well behaved after that.

I wasn't sure if he took my point or whether he was so flummoxed by my mumbo-jumbo that he decided he was talking to a dangerous mad man?

I was reminded of the famous Parkinson v Ali tiff in which the boxer clearly didn't understand the meaning of the word Gentile, I think Nigel Clough was there btw?

I was reminded of the famous Parkinson v Ali tiff in which the boxer clearly didn't understand the meaning of the word Gentile, I think Nigel Clough was there btw?

Claudio Gentile? Now HE was a hard bastard. Made Chris Morgan look like Lukewarm from Porridge. Modern players would shit their shorts just from a famous Gentile stare. The job he did on Maradona in that 1982 World Cup is legend; every trick in the book and more than a few that needed extra chapters.

This isn't a dig, you're support was awesome, but you didn't want all the tickets we offered you.
Why would there be any of you in our stands?
We took all the tickets you offered us, 9,000 St holders applied for them, complete sell out from our end, almost 6,000, did you give southampton the top tier?

Yids

a tool, wow, you could of thought of something better than that, sticks & stones and all that........

Yids
You lot are a bit sensitive today, I was completely referring to your clubs statement, did I say something wrong? Anyway, games done, we are going Wembley, best of luck for the season, hope to see you in the premiership soon.

Yids

a tool, wow, you could of thought of something better than that, sticks & stones and all that........

Yids
Hey you don't want to mess with HPB he might go and start a thread or something. :)

Wait til Foxy and Linz get back from their jolly to Portugal, there will be some infractions getting dished out like nobody's business. It'll be like Forum Top Trumps.

Boyo :D

If your life is that shite that you feel the need to sit online playing billy big bollocks with a bit of cyber bullying then fair play to you. The fact that you actually take the time to do it says a good bit about your personality, doesn't bother me in the slightest your making yourself look a tail. :D

Might be of some use http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/personality-disorder/Pages/Definition.aspx

Been sat in Aberdeen airport all day. A personality disorder is currently the least of my worries, but don't worry its just a bit of fun. Unless you have anger issues of course.

PS loved the bit about "odd behaviour". Could be all of us.

Been sat in Aberdeen airport all day. A personality disorder is currently the least of my worries, but don't worry its just a bit of fun. Unless you have anger issues of course.

It's not in good fun at all. Couldn't give a flying toss whether you have been in Aberdeen airport all day or not the simple fact is you know naff all about me and you go out of your way to poke fun at me and take the piss which like i said says a good bit about your billy big bollocks, internet warrior attitude.

As for anger issues. If I had those I would go out of my way to take the piss and play the internet warrior wouldn't I.......I am an honest, genuine person who works within a caring position within the NHS. Life is way too short for me to even think about sitting online ripping the piss out of others!.......Each to their own!

Back
Top Bottom