Vini 10 men

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't think you can get away with playing McAtee and Brooks. Both of which are forward thinking players in this team. You definitely need 2 out 3 being ball winners and link play players.
Mcatee is ten times the player brooks is. I know who I would pick.

Holgate's all round awareness was awful. Three times in the first half Bogle was out wide in space waving for the ball. Not only did Holgate not pass to him, he didn't even look in his direction. He had absolutely no idea that Bogle was out there calling for it.

Wes did the same with his constant long punts to Diaz. Bogle was often positioned to receive the ball and Wes just ignored him and punted it long.
Holgate was a stupid signing and then to throw him straight in the side, utter madness

De Souza is such a nothing player. We don't stand a chance with him or Norwood. I'd rather play Hamer and Brooks centrally as a pairing than see De Souza or Norwood play again. But in fairness, De Souza wasn't our worst player in the first half (I can't comment on the second as I left at half time), as just about every player bar Diaz stunk the stadium up with their lack of effort.

For the first ten minutes we were in the game, we were competing, but as soon as the first goal went in the team just gave up. It was a shambles and they should be ashamed of themselves for that pitiful performance.

After that performance, if all you've got is slagging Souza off, it's obvious you aren't watching the whole game. Anel was far and away the worst player on the pitch. Bogle was fucking atrocious, Trusty beyond bad, Brooks wandering around like a little boy lost and Osula did nothing.

That was a collective shit show, not one player came out of it with any credit and neither does the manager for picking such a weak and spineless team. Souza was the only one running at the end, covering for the missing midfield. He's not the greatest player but fuck me, he was far from the worst today.

UTBFTP 👊👊👊

An interesting thing I noticed.......Holgate not even bothering for that second. Basically confirms his mentality.
Everton board “but aren’t we strengthening the Blades by loaning one of our players to a relegation rival Sean”

IMG_3413.jpeg

Souza is simply too hot-headed to be effective; positionally he is awful and just gets drawn in to being everywhere he shouldn’t be, leaving huge holes in the middle simply because he can’t keep his head and think.

Said it before and I’ll say it again; Dean Hammond with a fancy name.

However, not the worst of our issues, which says a lot.

Holgate's all round awareness was awful. Three times in the first half Bogle was out wide in space waving for the ball. Not only did Holgate not pass to him, he didn't even look in his direction. He had absolutely no idea that Bogle was out there calling for it.

Wes did the same with his constant long punts to Diaz. Bogle was often positioned to receive the ball and Wes just ignored him and punted it long.
In defence of Wes he's been here a while now and knows the ability of everyone, maybe punting it to the new guy who looks half decent isn't such a bad idea.

I'm watching at home and I know there's been some debate about Souza on here. But he's been utterly shocking and it's honestly like we've been playing with 10 men. Floats around and leaves loads of gaps just in front of a very shakey defence.
He was every but central defence.

One common denominator with us going from excellent defending to all over the show in 6 months.

I thought he was shocking under Hecky.

I think he is better under wilder.

But one of my concerns is. When we return to the champ.
I really think he might struggle.
He won't have time on the ball at all and he needs it. I can see him being robbed of possession alot.

I'm watching at home and I know there's been some debate about Souza on here. But he's been utterly shocking and it's honestly like we've been playing with 10 men. Floats around and leaves loads of gaps just in front of a very shakey defence.
The problem we have is the Prince brought him in, that means he's a permanent fixture now, what Prince says goes.............period

The thing is, if a player is shit, it’s not his fault. He is what he is, with the abilities he has.
blame the prince who wants which ever players our manager is saddled with to play in the toughest league in the world with very limited ability.

After that performance, if all you've got is slagging Souza off, it's obvious you aren't watching the whole game. Anel was far and away the worst player on the pitch. Bogle was fucking atrocious, Trusty beyond bad, Brooks wandering around like a little boy lost and Osula did nothing.

That was a collective shit show, not one player came out of it with any credit and neither does the manager for picking such a weak and spineless team. Souza was the only one running at the end, covering for the missing midfield. He's not the greatest player but fuck me, he was far from the worst today.

UTBFTP 👊👊👊
Oh trust me. It was all shit. I was just focusing on that particular aspect of the shitness that really stood out to me. As I mentioned in a previous reply....since wilder came in we've had chances and games have been exciting. This one was over as soon as that first goal went in and I just stuck my focus on him rather than actually concentrating on any of our play....as to be honest..there wasn't any until post 70 minutes when Villa gave up.

I felt sorry for Souza. He was hung out to dry from the off virtually playing on his own and outnumbered in that formation. Even Rodri would have struggled.
It is hard to be an effective defensive midfielder when you tackle people on the left wing spot 😂

I felt sorry for Souza. He was hung out to dry from the off virtually playing on his own and outnumbered in that formation. Even Rodri would have struggled.
Really disagree with this. I remember slating Nick Montgomery for sideways and backwards passing and having little quality....but he got stuck in and quality players at least knew they had had a game against him, he was a hassler and a harrier... no idea what Souza is adding here in any respect.

Needs legs either side of him. He doesn't have that. But he's hardly good enough and hardly the type to justify building around in such a way next season

Really disagree with this. I remember slating Nick Montgomery for sideways and backwards passing and having little quality....but he got stuck in and quality players at least knew they had had a game against him, he was a hassler and a harrier... no idea what Souza is adding here in any respect.
My post wasn't about Souza's quality, it was to point out he was hung out to dry from the off and outnumbered because of how we were set up. Good or bad, the kid never had a chance today.

Back
Top Bottom