We have been easy to play against since the covid season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Especially with Hecky. That battering we have got has been coming, and will happen again if we keep playing like we have been.

Does anyone know our plan to score goals when we step out onto the pitch?
No style of play at all.
We just pass to feet, never for a player to run on to.
We tip tap it around defence for Wes to launch upfield and lose possession.
No one grabs the ball and runs with it, no one takes a chance to create an overload or anything from defence anymore, it's just so static and boring.

Last season we'd kick it up to Ndiaye and hope he does something.
The only way we've looked effective is with McBurnie on the pitch and by launching it to him. And he's our only targetman type.

You can count on two hands how many times we have played well since relegation.
Burnley at home the stand out, Swansea at home both seasons, Pboro at home under Slav was good, Boro at home that same season, Reading and Blackburn at home early in this season.
Away from home we weren't just uninspiring we were mind-numbing.

Every time post-Christmas we played against a side in or around us: we lost.
It's not like the signs weren't there. And now looking back they have been for a while.

This isn't a Hecky out post, I want him to see the season out because I don't think we can attract better, but he needs to either get some better coaches or build us a proper identity. Get a better right hand man to give him better advice on his utterly baffling subs. Anything, or else he's done here like it or not.
At the minute, and since the covid season we've relied on individual brilliance and defensive solidity. The former you can't get away with in the prem, and the defence is being shown up good and proper. Looking more than ominous. We and the management look out of our/their depth.

He's riding on the coat tails of the Wilder system but without any excitement or inventiveness that made us so brilliant. Time to build your own team Hecky, or you're done.

Especially with Hecky. That battering we have got has been coming, and will happen again if we keep playing like we have been.

No style of play at all.
No one grabs the ball and runs with it, no one takes a chance to create an overload or anything from defence anymore, it's just so static and boring.

The only way we've looked effective is with McBurnie on the pitch and by launching it to him. And he's our only targetman type.

Burnley at home the stand out, Swansea at home both seasons, Pboro at home under Slav was good, Boro at home that same season, Reading and Blackburn at home early in this season.

It's not like the signs weren't there. And now looking back they have been for a while.

This isn't a Hecky out post, I want him to see the season out because I don't think we can attract better, but he needs to either get some better coaches or build us a proper identity. Get a better right hand man to give him better advice on his utterly baffling subs. Anything, or else he's done here like it or not.
At the minute, and since the covid season we've relied on individual brilliance and defensive solidity. The former you can't get away with in the prem, and the defence is being shown up good and proper. Looking more than ominous. We and the management look out of our/their depth.

He's riding on the coat tails of the Wilder system but without any excitement or inventiveness that made us so brilliant. Time to build your own team Hecky, or you're done.
Prepare for the usual nomads quipping this as “bedwetting” but it’s completely bang on the money though I’d argue that cracks were showing pre covid season and the opportunity to repair them was a dire recruitment drive

Prepare for the usual nomads quipping this as “bedwetting” but it’s completely bang on the money though I’d argue that cracks were showing pre covid season and the opportunity to repair them was a dire recruitment drive
It was showing from the minute we changed to a 3 in the middle instead of the usual 2-1-2. It worked initially granted but that was because our defence was a joke, it's not like we scored any goals to go with it. Under 40.

No style of play at all.

Very very very well put, I struggle to see how any single one of us could argue against any of what you say. Bang on for me.

Very very very well put, I struggle to see how any single one of us could argue against any of what you say. Bang on for me.
Its quite sad really. We haven't got the players to play any one style of football. We have a couple capable of a direct style, a couple capable of a more fluid style, a couple capable of complete possession style football, and then there's us.

Agree to an extent, we came up by grinding out results I wouldn’t say we were playing well or playing entertaining football.
Apart from Ndyaie last season we’ve got zero pace in our side something which every side at this level has in abundance.
We’ve got nothing to hurt teams with, we can never get on the front foot because we don’t have the players to do so.

No style of play at all.

Bang on the money. I’ve been saying this for quite a while, I got shot down for it, but I think a lot of people have now took off their rose tinted glasses.

Yes, teams found us that easy in the last 2 championship seasons that we only managed the play-offs, then auto promotion. They must be really sad we we actually went up
Did you miss the individual brilliance bit? We don't have that anymore by the way

Bang on the money. I’ve been saying this for quite a while, I got shot down for it, but I think a lot of people have now took off their rose tinted glasses.
You shouldn't have. The type of people who would shoot you down for that are the type that were slagging people off for leaving at 4-0 the other day

No style of play at all.

Bedwetter 😉

There was no real need to do anything different in the Championship. Most weeks we had enough good players to grind it out.

But since Boxing Day 2019, we've played 53 PL games and pretty much set up the same way every time. We've scored more than 1 7 times, and of those 7, only twice did we reach 3. We've only scored 41 in total, conceded 102. These results are just in line with what's gone before

Its quite sad really. We haven't got the players to play any one style of football. We have a couple capable of a direct style, a couple capable of a more fluid style, a couple capable of complete possession style football, and then there's us.
I agree entirely, we have good players suited to different styles of play and that's why we were still good enough to get out the championship despite as you said basically grinding wins out. But there's no identity to how we're meant to be playing whatsoever, none of us could say how we're setting up and what tactics we are playing to win. I'm not one for abusing managers and kicking off wanting them sacked as i obviously want them to do well , I think heckys done a great job results wise since he came and cannot fault that but those results won't be ground out in this league that's for sure. He's been given virtually fuck all to improve the team too which is hugely unfair on him but I do think he will be sacked in the coming weeks and then it's a case of can we get someone in with some sort of plan as to how we are going to somehow win some games in this division.

Since Covid ?

Sharp.
Dids
Ili.
Mcatee
MGW
Good Moose (rare I accept!).
Sandra.

A few others.

You make a badly made point rather badly me owd China !

UTB
He said since covid we've relied on individual brilliance. You've just named the individual players he basically is on about, think you've misunderstood him. As you're agreeing with what he said.

The second PL season under Wilder before he walked was worse than anything we’ve seen under Hecky

i will reserve any of this until west ham. it was shocking but it was 1 game, & 1 swallow doesn't make a summer no matter how good your girlfriend is. but also its not a 1 off where we got lucky. we were brilliant v man city twice. could & shouldve beaten spurs home & away. wonder save stops us getting 3pts v Everton. we were playing well. now if we get hammered by hammers. it could be curtains for hecky but this is a bit soon

not sure your think with hecky riding his coattails. we play the same formation even if wilder perferred 3412 not 352 but that's where it ends. otherwise we could say the same about pep. He's riding on the coat tails of the Cruyff system. Time to build your own team Pep, or you're done.

No style of play at all.

It was far too easy for the opposition last season, week in week out we struggled to continually win 😊

It was far too easy for the opposition last season, week in week out we struggled to continually win 😊
Thing is we actually did struggle to continually win but we did it, purely because we had better players than probably all the league so eventually individually quality was coming through for us. You can't tell me that we dominated teams on a regular basis last season , it wasn't like the team were a standout, we just got the Job done. It was a very uninspiring promotion, the only one I've experienced and I'm sure a lot will agree. So although we've still got good players they aren't better than the opposition in this league so that's when the manager, coaches and players have to build something to become a team with a plan and purpose to have any chance of competing. Just like we did in our first season last time.

No style of play at all.

FACTS

I still can’t believe how we got promoted so easily watching that team last year

Well I can ndiaye and berge/Macatee/Anel

Back
Top Bottom