Time for a back 4

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We've just lost 8-0 and followed it up with a sub-par performance.
We are 12 goals without reply.
We don't spend any quality time in the oppositions half, and put no pressure on. That's a common theme.
Pickford fluke? It's an outrageous save. We could've very easily lost that game as we won it, a point was fair.

You can dress it up however you like, the league table doesn't lie.
He tipped the first shot onto the underside of the bar. It came out.
McBurnie followed up and it hit him in the face. It then hit the inside of the post and rolled into his arms.

Are you trying to suggest he emulates that very same permutation every day in training?

There was more jam involved in that sequence than a pack of jammy dodgers!

Yes we've had a bad mini sequence that is quirky to quote. You could go back a little further and say we beat Spurs over 90 minutes.

We have some worse sides to play where we'll pick up points.

Stop panicking.

We are so ingrained in a back 5 system that adjusting to a back 4 will take time.

BUT..I do believe it's the right decision going forward, even if it means taking a few tonkings whilst adjusting to it... as playing a back 5 leaves us 1 short in the middle of the park.

Thomas is more a LCB anyway, can't cross and can't shoot.

Baldock is much better defensively than he is going forward as well.

You could almost argue that playing wingbacks in the modern day with the style we play is borderline inhumane anyway with the amount of work going back and forward they're expected to get thru.

No surprises that the majority of our injuries occur to our wingbacks.
absolutely spot on jono been saying same on here for ages this 532 isnt working at this level and if we persist with it were definetly going down just change things up hecky we might still go down but at least try something different we cant carry on playing 3 centre backs and being outnumbered in midfield

He tipped the first shot onto the underside of the bar. It came out.
McBurnie followed up and it hit him in the face. It then hit the inside of the post and rolled into his arms.

Are you trying to suggest he emulates that very same permutation every day in training?

There was more jam involved in that sequence than a pack of jammy dodgers!

Yes we've had a bad mini sequence that is quirky to quote. You could go back a little further and say we beat Spurs over 90 minutes.

We have some worse sides to play where we'll pick up points.

Stop panicking.
A mental amount of 'it'll be reyt' in your last 2 posts. The world doesn't work like that, and neither does football at this level.

A mental amount of 'it'll be reyt' in your last 2 posts. The world doesn't work like that, and neither does football at this level.
“It’ll be reyt” is a pretty healthy way to live.

In any adverse situation there is only one question to ask - can I do anything at all to change it?

If the answer is yes, then go ahead & change it, sorted.

If the answer is no then it is probably insane to spend any time at all worrying about it. It’ll be whatever it is.

Come on man. Fucking surely now we have to 😂😂😂

This is how I’d like to see us set up. Sack that back 5 off now. I’d rather us try and get a system in place for next year than use our current one. Bogle has never been a wingback for me, should be used as a right winger/midfielder. Souza is up for debate but not sure Davies can play there and Norwood is past it imo.
Only other option I can see is dropping Hamer deep, McAtee as a #10 and play Larouci left wing (cos like bogle he can’t defender either)
IMG_1420.jpegIMG_1421.jpeg

Pretty much has to be a back 4 now. Seeing as we're down to bare bones.

the unfortunate injuries to egan and basham have to mean baldock has to be the new skipper now and boy have we missed him im also in the 4 at the back option and have been for a while we need that extra man in midfield not at the back and in any case weve nothing to lose now we look certs for relegation also think slimane needs to be given a chance in midfield

At times like this, Sam Allardici would get the team playing a very basic 442. Two banks of 4 moving together. Mostly backwards!

Back
Top Bottom