Prince sabotaged us, how to return the favour?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiyae gone and next to nothing spent. What a waste of a premier league golden ticket. I'm livid.

Sure we understand the Prince wants rid, (thankfully) but nevertheless I feel its our duty as Blades to help ensure he gets the absolute minimum from the sale of the club now. That's what he deserves. What can we do to help ensure he has to sell us at a rock bottom price? Boycott all merchandise? Anything else?
1690754484605.png

How about stop fucking whining and manning up. He walked out, he wasn't pushed so maybe wait and see who we bring in and we go again. Great footballer Illi, exceptional skills but he'd rather play in some French pub league so fuck him, hardly smacks of understanding what being a Blade is now does it.
He is a footballer it is his job and like the rest of us he goes where the money is . Not his fault we pay peanuts if we look back to the last time we were in the prem we were miles behind any other club regarding wages .

Offer him a contract when we saw how good he could have been 18 months ago

The same will happen with Osula if he scores 2/3 goals in the Prem
dont we have to have some money to make him an offer

I dont know which chaiman actually ever spent money at this club

Or robbery
He is a footballer it is his job and like the rest of us he goes where the money is . Not his fault we pay peanuts if we look back to the last time we were in the prem we were miles behind any other club regarding wages .

How much did we offer him and how much higher did OM go?

Seeing as the money is already spoken for including historic debts, if income is reduced how do we pay the bills?

If you get your way and we get fines and points deductions be sure to come back and pat yourself on the back.

Joined up thinking is always a prerequisite when considering the price of pitchforks, flaming torches and hand painted slogans on an old blanket.

Hold on there... don't forget we had that tidy sum of £27 million from Mr Tingo legit phones.

Cheer up, it sounds like there plenty of championship strikers we could sign to take Illys place.

but probably still in the prem and the club earning another 100mill
You don't get £100mil per season. You're expected to earn something around £135 the first season and around £250mil in total across five seasons if you stay up for that long. That's why you can't survive without a rich owner bankrolling you.

The Premier League is financially broken beyond repair, imbalanced and stacked against those who only have their own genuine revenues to run off.

When ITV Digital collapsed it was the best thing to happen to English football. Clubs stopped spending money that they didn't have yet. Wages dropped. Transfer fees dropped and owners took reality checks, especially Peter Ridsdale at Leeds who ignored this.

Then Roman Abramovich came along and ruined English football and damaged it beyond repair.

Ndiyae gone and next to nothing spent. What a waste of a premier league golden ticket. I'm livid.

Sure we understand the Prince wants rid, (thankfully) but nevertheless I feel its our duty as Blades to help ensure he gets the absolute minimum from the sale of the club now. That's what he deserves. What can we do to help ensure he has to sell us at a rock bottom price? Boycott all merchandise? Anything else?
For a start we can boycott buying anything from the club.

I for one won't be purchasing anything from the club until he is gone.

He doesn't have the best interests of the. Club at heart and cannot take our club forward and needs to sell up and give someone else a chance before we go backwards and disappear again for god knows how many more years.

You don't get £100mil per season. You're expected to earn something around £135 the first season and around £250mil in total across five seasons if you stay up for that long. That's why you can't survive without a rich owner bankrolling you.

The Premier League is financially broken beyond repair, imbalanced and stacked against those who only have their own genuine revenues to run off.

When ITV Digital collapsed it was the best thing to happen to English football. Clubs stopped spending money that they didn't have yet. Wages dropped. Transfer fees dropped and owners took reality checks, especially Peter Ridsdale at Leeds who ignored this.

Then Roman Abramovich came along and ruined English football and damaged it beyond repair.
I dont disagree with most of that and it is still happening .Now we are seeing players going for 100 mill where as we are paying 2 million thats why we have to hold on to the talent we already have to survive . Selling the crown jewels for 13 mill knowing it means near certain failure just does not make sense . We know we will struggle to hold on to our prem states ,its just got alot harder .

I wasn't old enough to know about Mick Jones but I'm gobsmacked if this is the biggest thing since then for you.

Here's a few things that depressed me more.

79 Boxing Day Sat in their North Stand.

79 Relegation for the first time ever to the third.

81 Relegation for the first time ever to the fourth

94 Relegation on the last day when we were shit but should have stayed up

98 Selling Deano and Fjortoff on the SAME day

07 Relegation on the last day when we'd been 10 points clear a few weeks earlier

11 Fucking Third division AGAIN!

12 Pigs up and us with 90 odd points losing the worst ever playoff final, in the history of worst

Selling Currie, Cockeril, Jags and Beattie also didn't do much for me.
I am old enough to remember the selling of Mick Jones together with Alan Birchenall in quick succession in 1967. They were a great strike partnership and the sale of these two was my first real experience of 'the Blades way' of running, or should I say ruining, a team. I felt back then like many are feeling today. What was even worse was that Mick Jones was sold to Leeds, Birchenall went to Chelsea. Then of course we sold Tony Currie, also to Leeds, in 1976. That was also gutting but at least we had eight great years of TC. The club has always had to sell players. You can accept that if we get appropriate fees but we seem to get caught with our pants down time after time. For example, I don't think we ever got the money for the sale of Brian Deane. Now here we are and financially, we seem to be in the worst possible position prior to the start of the season that I can remember. Let's hope we can survive this season. Also, why is our club almost impossible to sell?

Did you hear the Sheffield United Way report? Seems we offered plenty, and he was all for signing.........and then he wasn't. Listen (bit of Hecky there for you 😉), I'm as disappointed as the next man but bottom line is he walked.

Oh, and as for 'the Prince is sabotaging us', the OP needs to get a fucking grip. What a completely fucking stupid thing to come out with. Wonder if he wants to buy some sky hooks and stripey paint.

Seeing as the money is already spoken for including historic debts, if income is reduced how do we pay the bills?

If you get your way and we get fines and points deductions be sure to come back and pat yourself on the back.

Joined up thinking is always a prerequisite when considering the price of pitchforks, flaming torches and hand painted slogans on an old blanket.
The new owners can pay that stuff if its a club debt? Why would the new owners want to start with fines and point deductions?

Not sure how it’s the Princes fault, unless we’re all happy to see him leave for free next summer?
The only sensible argument to sell is: ""We're fucked even if he stays, so we might as well get something".

Which whilst logical is extremely embarrassing and shouldn't be tolerated.

It has stunned everyone he is going. The club needs to come out be honest for once.

It has stunned everyone he is going. The club needs to come out be honest for once.

And if they did you'd still get the same old helmets, spouting the same old bullshit on here because they don't like to hear the facts. Hows about he comes out and makes a fucking statement, he's the one who turned down a bumper contract and fucked off.

What's the next party line, how McCabe wouldn't have let this happen? Fuck me some of you lot don't have a fucking clue.

UTBFTP 👊

The new owners can pay that stuff if its a club debt? Why would the new owners want to start with fines and point deductions?

Your “priority” was about cutting fans funding. Resulting in less money coming into the club. Look what happened last season. It’s not hard to work out how a possible points deduction would make us even less attractive to potential buyers. Until someone does stump up at whatever price the reality is the Prince is currently the only game in town. A financial boycott initially hits the clubs cash flow, at this time a gormless idea when we need cash desperately.

What can we do to help ensure he has to sell us at a rock bottom price? Boycott all merchandise? Anything else?
If you were in a position to do this (which you aren't by the way) this would only open us up to people like you buying us, who haven't got a scooby do about running a business let alone a football club.

Iliman wanted to go, childhood club and had us by the balls to an extent. One year left on his contract when he goes for a free.....so effectively we're paying £20m+ for one season if he stays.

Put the toys back in the pram, wipe your eyes and show a bit of respect to the rest of the squad who'll be putting on the red and white this season.

UTB

I can see quite a lot of people's brains have gone for a stroll. the lad's agent will have been in his ear non stop. Signing a new blade deal would not net him the same income. How much are OM paying his agent???? Illy wants to go now. yes its a shit time, we all know that. The truth is plain and simple Illy and his agent held all the trump cards. Had the prince agreed to sell Illy and berge in January, would we have been promoted????
Now the board must act swiftly to help hecky, quality bodies in. The thought of Lowe, Osborn, Robinson, on our left hand side, frightens the shit out of me.
Jebbo and Osula up front, struth, kids against men.

Nightmares incoming.

I am old enough to remember the selling of Mick Jones together with Alan Birchenall in quick succession in 1967. They were a great strike partnership and the sale of these two was my first real experience of 'the Blades way' of running, or should I say ruining, a team. I felt back then like many are feeling today. What was even worse was that Mick Jones was sold to Leeds, Birchenall went to Chelsea. Then of course we sold Tony Currie, also to Leeds, in 1976. That was also gutting but at least we had eight great years of TC. The club has always had to sell players. You can accept that if we get appropriate fees but we seem to get caught with our pants down time after time. For example, I don't think we ever got the money for the sale of Brian Deane. Now here we are and financially, we seem to be in the worst possible position prior to the start of the season that I can remember. Let's hope we can survive this season. Also, why is our club almost impossible to sell?
Its not ALMOST impossible to sell.

I am not buying French fries or eating snails anymore. Also when the Eurostar goes through the tunnel im getting off.

In the way of support I will carry on eating croissants - but I won't go to France to get them!

FFS

1690786144676.png

Not sure how it’s the Princes fault, unless we’re all happy to see him leave for free next summer?
Exactly this, if the player doesn't want to sign a new deal then what can we do? We are not a club in a position to let players leave for free and lose out on 15m - 20m. Illi alone would not keep us in the prem it's idiotic to even think he would, yes he may have given us a smallest chance of doing so but we can't afford to let him go for free it's that simple. We offered big money and he said NO so for me the club has done right in selling. Look at PSG mega rich with the best player in the world but he won't sign so they've said off you go the players hold all the cards wether u like it or not.
Let's see who we bring in before we really start to judge and have stupid meltdowns and pathetic ideas of boycotting stuff. We support Sheffield United I couldn't give a shit who plays for us I will along with many others always go an support the club I love.
The only thing that's irked me is we got to this point with the slack way we've let so many players get to the end of contracts.
UTB

Nobody is happy that Illy has left the club. But what a load of nonsense. How can anyone read the situation so wrong? Then call for action to sabotage the club, the very thing he's accusing the Prince of doing.
Despite the stomach wrencing feeling this is not a Deane and Fjortoft situation.
Feel the pain, get over it and move on.

Please show your work, in particular citing the financial details of the latest TV deals?
You earn around £135mil in your first season then a total of around £250mil over a five year period if you stay up for that long. You don't get £100mil per season.

This thread is the equivalent of clickbait.

Wish I hadn't graced it with a viewing.

Back
Top Bottom