No CM

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have we not sign a CM, because CW has changed his mind about Coutts ? Now the transfer window has closed, does this mean that Coutts and Freeman are going to be officially taken off the transfer list, or has this already happened ?.

Totally bewildered by today's incomings. Lafferty is signed to replace Hussey, a player CW signed a few weeks ago, who CW has now clearly decided is not good enough.
We chase good potential permanent centre back signings, such as McFaz, Morgan and Webster, but after raking in millions we sign a Wolves reserve player who's recovering from injury.
Couldn't be more uninspired by today's events.

Worry not, Dr Frankenwilder will be in his laboratory working late into the night to create your ideal midfielder. Hopefully he won't use any bits of James Wallace

I have no idea why we gave up on the central midfielder idea. Would have been nice to have one

I presume with the rumour of Reed heading out, there was one in the pipeline, but it didn't happen for one reason or another.

Overall, pretty happy with the transfer window. A lot of boxes ticked, for me.

We make noises about signing McFaz, Webster, or Morgan as our main man at the back. Largish transfer fees mentioned...and then when the crunch comes we spend zilch and bring in a wolves reserve who his just coming back from injury and who is only 23 so hardly the experienced seasoned campaigner we have wanted Utd to get all summer. Its almost as if we didnt really want to spend the money on that bit of quality at the back...wonder if the money will now be used on running costs and go down a black hole.

Coutts Fleck Basham better stay fit and un-banned,can see this costing us points.

Those who did not go last night missed a treat. A new midfielder is on the horizon mark my words in our ranks. It will not be long.
Absentees find out for yourselves and his names not Boycott

free agent you say, ex Leicester City midfielder, multiple promotions - sorted

Those who did not go last night missed a treat. A new midfielder is on the horizon mark my words in our ranks. It will not be long.
Absentees find out for yourselves and his names not Boycott

I presume that you are referring to young Brooksy? If so i agree with you as i like what ive seen so far. Hes got potential thats for sure.

it's a bit of a mystery. We essentially have two players in Fleck and Basham that Wilder's happy with, plus the transfer-listed Coutts who has been back in, and two in Whiteman and Reed that haven't had a look in despite not being listed (and who Wilder presumably then doesn't rate at all).

I fully expect Wilder will announce that Freeman and Coutts are off the list, but picking 2 from Fleck/Basham/Coutts till January looks like a huge gamble. Fleck is yet to really gel, and we're somehow relying on Basham & Coutts to deliver the sort of consistency that they haven't displayed at all up till now.

Its a shame we are having to waste money correcting poor decisions (retaining Long and buying Hussey for starters) - otherwise we might have the brass to buy a decent midfielder to go with Fleck. As it is it looks like we are going to have to struggle on with the failed Coutts and Basham plus Reed and a couple of kids.

Cannot believe the amount of faith being invested by some in Coutts on the back of a couple of half decent games after seasons of half-hearted under-performances. For the life of me I cannot see that midfield contributing anything significant in the way of goals or assists and will cost us defensively (have a look at the Oxford goal where Coutts and Basham fall asleep and give their player all the time in the world to get a shot off - a recurring nightmare - or is it that every keeper we try is crap on long shots?).

Back
Top Bottom