First Team Squad (post-retainedgate)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Honestly before we sign anyone we need to urgently fix that. Offer every player there a new deal (except Fleck unless we're desperate) - give Ndiaye and Berge whatever they demand (within reason obviously) - but my god we cannot let that much talent just walk
Surely we're working on it in the background. 👍

I doubt it. More likely we'll try to use the extension options (if they exist) on a few. But I doubt we'll see any contract extensions under this owner unless he decides he can't sell

Honestly don't know.
Know they've said we have a larger wage pot that allows us to compete when it comes to wages, but not sure if players who are here will be making offers that we can afford to accept, or if, with them knowing the financial difficulties we are teetering around, they'll want to stay

I doubt it. More likely we'll try to use the extension options (if they exist) on a few. But I doubt we'll see any contract extensions under this owner unless he decides he can't sell
Why do you think that? He doesn't have to frontload their wages. They're paid weekly (or maybe monthly, who knows!).

Are you thinking he can't afford signing on fees/bonus type payments?

Why do you think that? He doesn't have to frontload their wages. They're paid weekly (or maybe monthly, who knows!).

Are you thinking he can't afford signing on fees/bonus type payments?
No. I'm thinking he's keeping the balance sheet as clean as possible for 24/25. At least until he has no choice

No. I'm thinking he's keeping the balance sheet as clean as possible for 24/25. At least until he has no choice
Okay, I see your thinking. But trying to sell a club with no players, is (probably) like trying to sell a car with nothing under the bonnet.

Edit: Unless a sale is looking pretty imminent to the Prince perhaps.

Okay, I see your thinking. But trying to sell a club with no players, is (probably) like trying to sell a car with nothing under the bonnet.

Edit: Unless a sale is looking pretty imminent to the Prince perhaps.
I think it's more to do with trying to give any prospective owner the chance to decide who they want to keep

I think it's more to do with trying to give any prospective owner the chance to decide who they want to keep
I'm less convinced by that angle of thinking, because unless the new owner is a hands on football fanatic that knows our squad, surely Hecky is telling(/asking) the club who we need to keep.

A couple of them might depend on what league we're in, etc, of course.

I'm less convinced by that angle of thinking, because unless the new owner is a hands on football fanatic that knows our squad, surely Hecky is telling(/asking) the club who we need to keep.

A couple of them might depend on what league we're in, etc, of course.
Nothing to do with knowing football. More to do with a commitment to spending that can be delayed till a later date

Nothing to do with knowing football. More to do with a commitment to spending that can be delayed till a later date
I don't recall many takeovers where they started with a blank slate of a playing squad. That's actually more outlay for a new owner to buy players.

I don't recall many takeovers where they started with a blank slate of a playing squad. That's actually more outlay for a new owner to buy players.
If anything has been proven, it's that this takeover is not normal

I see a few comments saying we might not be able to sign players till near the end of the window (which could be true). That is a worry.

We need at least FIVE new players to come into the 11 for the Palace game.

Wes

Baldock
Anel
Egan
LCB
LWB

Berge
DM
LCM

Ndiaye
ST

I see a few comments saying we might not be able to sign players till near the end of the window (which could be true). That is a worry.

We need at least FIVE new players to come into the 11 for the Palace game.

Wes

Baldock
Anel
Egan
LCB
LWB

Berge
DM
LCM

Ndiaye
ST
Completely agree. Though it's not impossible we run with McBurnie/Brewster/Jebbo in that striker slot.

Will be fine though. They're always long painful summers when you're invested in the squad build.

I'm genuinely surprised clubs aren't coming in trying to snag some of our players on the cheap.

European teams for Jebbo
Greek teams for Furious

Even the relegated teams can probably offer higher wages and more security than us. If I'm say Egan and Leeds are prepared to offer me three years on £50k I'd probably go.

Contracts end today, so we might see a sudden uptick in movement as wages will have stopped.

Financial problems have been solved short-term by imminent Prem income.

Any sensible club will insert relegation related clauses. Not just Blades.

I suspect we'll manage to get a squad sorted 😂

There is no pressure to stay up.

Overall 10/10 for a negative bed-wetty post. 😉
I just think the Prince must be asking too much when the ground is mortgaged and very few contracts last beyond summer 2024.
He can't seem to attract a genuine offer and if he stays , he doesn't have the money for us to challenge at the top of the Championship.

I just think the Prince must be asking too much when the ground is mortgaged and very few contracts last beyond summer 2024.
He can't seem to attract a genuine offer and if he stays , he doesn't have the money for us to challenge at the top of the Championship.
That might be true, but right now we are a Premier League Team, so we don’t have to challenge the top of the Championship! 😊

Hi Stegosaurus here
Better than our other players. There's a reason he played 10 times for England

Better than your players because you're a fucking pub team. I'm talking about Sheffield United, Premier League side, something you can only dream about being so yes, he might be better than your lot but he's not good enough for us.

Better than your players because you're a fucking pub team. I'm talking about Sheffield United, Premier League side, something you can only dream about being so yes, he might be better than your lot but he's not good enough for us.
Hi Stegosaurus here

False. There is a reason why Coady is a career PL player and Egan has been floundering in the Championship

And I am a United fan. If I supported Wednesday I would post on the Wednesday forum

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Didnd't realise Coady had been signed. Bad move on Heckys part not snapping him up while he could.

I sitll maintain playing 12 men is a winner though;
£8.5 million for Coady is a little steep for me, I’d rather spend the money on a couple of decent midfielders.

With Trusty looking like signing as our LCB, what other positions do we need? And how many?

At a minimum, and urgently:
CDM
AM
Striker

Ideally I would also like these, in order of priority, who can come a bit later:
Another AM
Another CM (who can cover CDM and box to box)
Another Striker
Another CB (right sided)

If Bogle doesn't get over his latest niggle with his knee another RWB might be needed too, but I can't see us signing all of the above, never mind 8 players.

CB - ?
LCB - Trusty ✅
LWB - Yasser ✅
DM - ?
CM - Slimane ✅
LCM - ?
CAM - ?
CAM - ?
ST - ?
ST - Traore ✅

That's how I see it... 4 in with another 6 needed!

Back
Top Bottom