First Team Squad (post-retainedgate)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We ideally need 8 in my eyes, but doubt we'd get all 8. Unless we maximise loans.

1 x GK - Ideally a loan to buy
1 x LWB - Someone to rotate with RND and banish Lowe to the reserves
2 x CB - One first team, one back up. I'd like someone like the kid at Pboro and Coady to come in.
3 x MF - Ideally Doyle, someone to play the box to box and another AM like McAtee.
1 x Striker - I'd go back to the Berge, N'Diaye and another AM in the PL - But ideally need someone to maybe play a dual role.

for me WE ARE 7 SHORT , 4 LOANS TO GET IN frees, leaves 3 to find . players like conor coady will fill those without massive expenditure
we dont need 5 keepers

we need squad players to fit the roles we know how to play
im sure hecky mccall and the staff have options in mind , 20m might be more than we need

For me Foderingham, Baldock, Ahmedhodzic, Berge and Ndiaye can all make the step up. The others have question marks around consistency.

Egan can't cope with pace or the over the top balls and he loses his man too often defending set pieces. He's not reliable enough anymore.

Norwood is great one game, invisible the next, and he can't track back as he's too slow, making him a risk in midfield as we'll likely get over run.

McBurnie was inconsistent last season despite having a decent scoring return.

Norrington-Davies could potentially be good if he can refind his early form from last season. The rest all need replacing for me. We don't need squad players, we need better players to start.

Egan can't cope with pace or the over the top balls and he loses his man too often defending set pieces. He's not reliable enough anymore.

What you say about Egan is true, but that's more due to him being situationally isolated. If we have another athletic player at LCB then it's nowhere near as much of a problem, and he can be left more to do the stuff he's actually decent at. Agreed that right now in the PL he's a red card waiting to happen

Ok we’ll just go into the season with 4 centre backs shall we? That’s assuming Robinson signs.
If he was a LCB then maybe but a 30 year old who will eat up a big wage ( we are skint )
as back up doesn’t make sense better going for younger potential IMO

Ok we’ll just go into the season with 4 centre backs shall we? That’s assuming Robinson signs.
There's no point signing Coady because we already have a RCB. He'd only sign as a starter, unless we're playing a right footer at LCB.

We need at least 3 PL ready players (on loan), one for each line (except GK). I would rather invest all our budget in 3 quality players and hope some other players can step up, then signing 7/8 players with a lot of question marks that might not even be better than the players we currently have.

Hi Stegosaurus.

One point to remember is that we're only going to be playing Man City twice in the league next season. I'm not sure that we've got the capacity to bring in someone who would be effective against them.

What we need is someone who can be effective against the less consistently excellent teams. Our survival isn't going to depend on whether we can go toe-to-toe with the top six; it's going to depend on whether we can take points from those around us.
👍 City scored 2.5 goals per game in the premier League last year. So 3-0 at Wembley was hardly an outlier.

I see all the bed wetters are back in force and pissing all over the sheets again. What a bunch of negative bar stewards. Enjoy the summer after a great promotion season and trust in Hecky to sign (loan) quality players just like last season 🤐
They are back. Quietly moved on from saying how we were going to blow promotion. Be interesting to see what they move on to if we start the season well.

We’re gonna finish bottom and Ndiaye will win the Ballon d’Or.

The majority of naysayers are just supporters who want the club to do well!

Most of them have no real coaching experience or qualifications, or a background in managing a business. They carry opinions and hopes, nothing more. I know because I am one too.

The only difference is that my age and experience has given me some knowledge they don’t always see.

My experience leads me to believe that Hecky will make a decent fist of it from the limited resources he has available to him. Those resources include those players retained from our promotion squad, and the very small budget he has for recruitment.

The key incomings will be top quality loans, which we are obliged to wait for in most cases.

Let him do what he’s paid for and what he’s good at. Survival in the EPL can be his only target this season. The squad we have, under management coaching will be good enough to survive. Judicious dealing in the transfer/loan market can only add to that.

It might be ambitious and idealistic to expect up to 8 new players, but it is very unlikely to happen. Sit back and enjoy SUFC this coming season. Our opinions don’t matter too much, but I agree that this is the place to share them.

GK - Woodman
LCB - Amartey/Evans (Free)
LWB - Manning (Free)
CM - Choudhury
CM - O'Brien
CAM - Palmer (Loan)
ST - Archer (Loan)

7 minimum needed and that's with Robinson, Fleck and Osborn re signing.

GK - Woodman
LCB - Amartey/Evans (Free)
LWB - Manning (Free)
CM - Choudhury
CM - O'Brien
CAM - Palmer (Loan)
ST - Archer (Loan)

7 minimum needed and that's with Robinson, Fleck and Osborn re signing.

Chuck in Doyle and Coady (won't happen) and we would be well competitive next season. Out to them I can see O'Brien and Archer coming in. Maybe Manning.

How can Hecky sell dem Blades to any young talent he might want to recruit on a permanent contract ?
We have an owner desperately trying to sell the club + no takers.
We have well-publicised financial problems.
We will want to write relegation-clauses in player contracts yet we are nailed-on for relegation.
We are probably the least stable club that is courting the player.
The effects of this difficulty in recruiting anything other than loans are compounded by the number of player contracts expiring in 2024.
We are looking at a situation next summer where it will be difficult to put together a squad to compete in the Championship (if relegated , which is more likely than not).
The pressure to survive in the PL this season is almost as severe as the pressure to go up in the last.
We need a bold investor to step forward.
I don't quite understand why the Prince doesn't drop his price enough to make a sale - if he waits till next summer , he is likely to be stuck with us for a very long time.

How can Hecky sell dem Blades to any young talent he might want to recruit on a permanent contract ?
We will want to write relegation-clauses in player contracts yet we are nailed-on for relegation.
The effects of this difficulty in recruiting anything other than loans are compounded by the number of player contracts expiring in 2024.
We are looking at a situation next summer where it will be difficult to put together a squad to compete in the Championship (if relegated , which is more likely than not).
The pressure to survive in the PL this season is almost as severe as the pressure to go up in the last.
I don't quite understand why the Prince doesn't drop his price enough to make a sale - if he waits till next summer , he is likely to be stuck with us for a very long time.
1688073675883.png

🥴

Hi Stegosaurus here, I'lll do one

GK - James Trafford -- sign him and put League 1 Wes on the bench
RB - Baldock - PL quality
CB - Egan/Holgate (Get Holgate in on loan as cover)
CB - Anel
CB - Conor Coady (sign him)
LB - Gotta replace Enda. Ryan Manning maybe

CM - Berge
CM - Norwood
CM - Glenn Camara (Signing)
CM - Maitland-Nyles

ST - N'Diaye
ST - New striker (Pukki?)

CB - Anel

CM - Berge
CM - Norwood
CM - Maitland-Nyles

ST - N'Diaye
Good luck signing Conor Coady

CB - Anel

CM - Berge
CM - Norwood
CM - Maitland-Nyles

ST - N'Diaye
There's 12 players there and 2 of them have already signed/signing for other teams (Coady and Pukki)

But other than that?

Still a no from me

Financial problems have been solved short-term by imminent Prem income.

Any sensible club will insert relegation related clauses. Not just Blades.

I suspect we'll manage to get a squad sorted 😂

There is no pressure to stay up.

Overall 10/10 for a negative bed-wetty post. 😉

Honestly before we sign anyone we need to urgently fix that. Offer every player there a new deal (except Fleck unless we're desperate) - give Ndiaye and Berge whatever they demand (within reason obviously) - but my god we cannot let that much talent just walk

Back
Top Bottom