James Wallace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wallace's career high in league appearances is still 19. He has has serious injuries for 5 of the last 6 seasons.

I hope there is a plan B that doesn't involve tiny non scoring non assisting midfielders. More than 20 appearances from Wallace would be a miracle.

I will 2nd

I 2nd that motion Fulwood. Wallace
Has had. some bad luck with injuries over the last 2years before. That his fitness levels were on a par. With his peers.he obviously has to find a good level of fitness soon or the professional game will pass him by
and that would be a shame as he has all the ingredients to be a top player in league 1 and beyond Clough new what a quality player he waa

true, it will pass him by if he is not careful.

An injured shit player would be moved out - considering what Wallace can offer, he should be given probably this season to see.

UTB

What is actually his his injury ? He's been out that long I honestly can't remember.

The body compensate for a injury , creating issues elsewhere , therefore you may overcome the main problem , but other little niggles occur. Thats why IMO Wallace will never be fit to play a full 90 minutes or make a first team shirt his own. Same could be said for other players at the lane . Buying this type of player is a gamble , risk , punt , unlucky , all rolled into one .Could happen to any manager / team , unfortunately , its happened to us , with key quality players . If it had worked out , Clough may still be in a job. Fine lines again mixed with bizarre decisions last season.

UTB

Now that I am in total agreement. To say Wallace should be the kingpin is stupid. The lad obviously has injury problems, but some players go through that type of thing. Wallace is a quality player (at this level) if FIT - the word fit is the key word, he should be eased back into the team hopefully on the back of a good pre-season, with perhaps starting and doing 70-80 minutes, missing the cup games and just getting proper match fit. The point for Wallace has to be made with football common sense in mind and to be brutally honest some of our fans lack this attribute.

My whole argument is the fans who call him shit, or crap Clough signing purely because of the injuries. Yes, it's not good, but he needs to be given some space to prove how good he actually is. Most fans (who have actually seen him in the limited appearances) can see a quality player.

I will repeat what I have written before, If Clough had Wallace available all season and had a pair of decent centre halves, it is IMHO we would have gone up last year. All water under the bridge now, but lets all hope Adkins (and us the fans) can benefit from a very fit James Wallace.

UTB
The problem is, with his injury record he could easily break down again. We just can't rely on him to play a full season. We could use one of the kids as cover but if we do, and he gets another long term injury, we're relying on someone like Reed to perform consistently over the season, or at least until the JTW.
The other option I guess is to play a 2 1 in centre mid with Scougall as the one or 442 and alternate between Wallace and Coutts, which wouldn't be a bad idea for those two but I just don't like 442.
If we play a midfield three then we have to sign someone I think. The onus would be on Wallace to force himself into the side in front of the new signing, which you'd hope would be difficult.

It's a yes from me - it's like the bloody X factor.

UTB

It is a bit like the X Factor , but how many actually make it big time . Unfortunately for us , we cannot rely on injury prone players never mind how good they are . Owen Hargreaves comes to mind.

I think midfield we have to start with a clean sheet , and have fully fit , athletic players in mind , plus Basham

UTB

exactly the same could be said of Cuvellier - don't see any shit going his way..............oh, I remember, Wallace is a CLOUGH signing.

Some just can't let go of the Clough legacy - very sad really.

UTB
Don't think it's much to do with that because others that have been signed by Clough, such as Basham, Adams and Done have been continually recognised as good signings by the same posters who think Wallace has been a waste of money. For me he has been a waste of money so far due to his injury problem and he wouldn't be first on my team sheet for that very reason. It is important for me to mention though that I backed the signing at the time as being worth the gamble with regards to his injury problem and he has looked a real prospect at times during the brief moments he had on the pitch last season. I hope Adkins can work his magic and the gamble pays off next season.

The problem is, with his injury record he could easily break down again. We just can't rely on him to play a full season.

that's ok, because as long as we sign two centre backs we just need to rotate two of reed/scougall/wallace/coutts/kids alongside basham. we've got enough talent as is that we don't need any centre mids to play a full season.

No, the difference is that no-one is advocating building a team around Cuvelier. Actually many have said we should be looking to build a team around Cuvelier.... as he "is the most skillful player in the team" those same people also think Baxter is god....

the fact is people still love Cuvelier and think he was a worthwhile signing (despite managing less games in TWO years, than Wallace has in ONE!)

Actually many have said we should be looking to build a team around Cuvelier.... as he "is the most skillful player in the team" those same people also think Baxter is god....

the fact is people still love Cuvelier and think he was a worthwhile signing (despite managing less games in TWO years, than Wallace has in ONE!)

I must admit I don't understand what people see in Cuvelier. I didn't when we signed him and I certainly don't now. I know a few have suggested him as a starter for next season but not to the extent that Wallace has been feted as the saviour despite the fact he's repeatedly shown himself to not be relied upon.

Good news is, as of now he is/will be doing the full training sessions.

that's ok, because as long as we sign two centre backs we just need to rotate two of reed/scougall/wallace/coutts/kids alongside basham. we've got enough talent as is that we don't need any centre mids to play a full season.

Really? Enough talent? That's more or less what we did last season, where we got no goals or assists out of anyone in central midfield.

If Wallace can't do the job, we need a plan B, because without a dramatic improvement no one on the books is going to give us what we need in terms of goals or attacking play.

Back
Top Bottom