Can someone answer this?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bugboyblade

Reaction score
Just sat having a beer and chatting about Jack O’Connell and his injury. Some how James Wallace got brought up. Does anyone know what injury or injuries actually kept him from playing? I saw he had a double hernia early in his career but that can’t be the reason. Loads of articles about him “breaking down in training” and pulling muscles, but nothing about what was actually wrong with him. Does anyone know ?

He was a glass-backed, hypochondriac, nesh bellend who was a drain on our resources, that's the technical diagnosis. Fuck him and all his future endeavours, whatever they may be.

Nigel Clough signed more fucking tosspots than any other manager in our history.
But apart from that what did the Romans ever do for us?

He was a glass-backed, hypochondriac, nesh bellend who was a drain on our resources, that's the technical diagnosis. Fuck him and all his future endeavours, whatever they may be.

Nigel Clough signed more fucking tosspots than any other manager in our history.
But on the upside.... I heard he bought a TV licence and paid his tax.... So not all bad.... 😂 😂 😂

I remember reading that Wallace and Jose Baxter were besties and used to go on holiday together along with their girlfriends. I would be amazed if the lazy injury prone arseholes could make it down to the breakfast buffet without one of them breaking down with an injury. Wallace would probably have got a back spasm and be out for 2 months getting a blow job on the sun lounger.

I remember reading that Wallace and Jose Baxter were besties and used to go on holiday together along with their girlfriends. I would be amazed if the lazy injury prone arseholes could make it down to the breakfast buffet without one of them breaking down with an injury. Wallace would probably have got a back spasm and be out for 2 months getting a blow job on the sun lounger.
They were probably all way to smashed on Columbian marching powder to give the proverbial flying.

They were probably all way to smashed on Columbian marching powder to give the proverbial flying.

Every likelihood. We know Jose had a big nose with his flared nostrils for a reason. He had a beak like Beavis from 'Beavis and Butthead'. Come to think of it B&B were probably modelled on our injury prone powder snorting heroes.

Bit harsh on Wallace. He was already plagued by injury when we signed him and to be fair to him, looked a decent player when he did play. Played briefly for Tranmere and Fleetwood after us and packed in playing at 27.

Jose on the other hand....
Gotta hope something better is lined up for Jack!

I thought Clough was really good for us to be fair. What about the cup runs? Can't believe he's as low as league two

What a waste of good scouse talent btw - 3 of them now who've played for us in a very short space of time and suffered the same fate - Wallace, Baxter and now surely JOC

I thought Wallace would've been a prem player easily. JOC an England regular. Baxter, fuck knows

Just sat having a beer and chatting about Jack O’Connell and his injury. Some how James Wallace got brought up. Does anyone know what injury or injuries actually kept him from playing? I saw he had a double hernia early in his career but that can’t be the reason. Loads of articles about him “breaking down in training” and pulling muscles, but nothing about what was actually wrong with him. Does anyone know ?
Still only 31. Reckon he could still do a job for us?

Is that because options have changed for pro footballers, or is the JOC case not sufficiently worthy?
I just think going by the past 3 years of his rehab, he’d be lucky to play football again at any level, i think even seeing him play again at Tranmere would be great

I thought Clough was really good for us to be fair. What about the cup runs? Can't believe he's as low as league two

Cup runs notwithstanding, his tenure did serious damage to our prospects. As bad as Adkins was, he had to work with an unmanageably bloated squad full of godawful players leftover from Clough's reign.

That's why it's difficult to overstate how much of a deus ex machina Chris Wilder was. In an alternate timeline where Wilder never takes charge, we never get anywhere near the Premier League and very likely spend the next 5 years scrapping at the foot of the Championship, assuming we even make it out of L1.

It amazes me the vitriol aimed at the crocked footballers we sign when the medical professionals that push these very players through medicals and rubber stamp them as fit for purpose don't get a mention.

Cup runs notwithstanding, his tenure did serious damage to our prospects. As bad as Adkins was, he had to work with an unmanageably bloated squad full of godawful players leftover from Clough's reign.

That's why it's difficult to overstate how much of a deus ex machina Chris Wilder was. In an alternate timeline where Wilder never takes charge, we never get anywhere near the Premier League and very likely spend the next 5 years scrapping at the foot of the Championship, assuming we even make it out of L1.
The Clough era can be neatly divided into ton segments.

Part 1 - professing he prefers a small squad, having an initial impact, dragging us up the league after the Weir disaster, cup runs and just missing out on the play offs.

Part 2 - increased expectation, fell out with plenty, built a huge squad of crocks and little ‘uns, nightmare play offs where we had a central defensive pairing of Alcock and McEveley and lost on aggregate to Swindon.

Good Cup runs but he really lost the plot that pre-season.

Back
Top Bottom