Gustavo Hamer - What’s the problem?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He doesn't look fit enough to me and some games I forget he is on the pitch. I'd certainly prefer to have kept Berge instead but that ship has sailed.
I expect him to do well in the Championship but he's certainly not justified his price tag, I doubt he'll move on for anything like what we paid.

He seems to be playing as a holding midfielder, or at least deeper than he did for Coventry, we also have him and McAtee who are Flair players and our midfield cannot afford to carry two of that type.
Why do you keep saying that? He played exactly the same role at Coventry as he does here
He just doesn't look fit enough to me

He doesn't look fit enough to me and some games I forget he is on the pitch. I'd certainly prefer to have kept Berge instead but that ship has sailed.
I expect him to do well in the Championship but he's certainly not justified his price tag, I doubt he'll move on for anything like what we paid.
Funny you say that because I've mentioned it a few times about forgetting he's playing.

Is there a problem?

If we’re being a little bit more objective about the whole situation of Sheffield United, Hamer is doing pretty well.

To quote Basil Fawlty*, for those moaning about Hamer…

‘When we signed Hamer, I expected to be able to see us reach the Europa League.’
‘This is the Premier League Madam’
‘Well it’s not good enough!’
‘May I ask what you expected to see Madam? 2 assists every game perhaps? Dominating midfield against established premier league players? Herds of passes sweeping majestically across the pitch?’

*Maybe a bit paraphrased… 👀
Ironic really, for some think him better suited to a team like Torquay😜

Don’t worry folks he will be gone and Wilder replaces him with Alan cuthbertson from Alfreton.

People aren’t getting my point, Brooks has not had a loan move and Arblaster has and he’s been fantastic, he will be a starter. Port Vale fans are saying he’s the best player they’ve ever seen in a Vale shirt and they are gutted that he’s left. Brooks arguably is already a starter and he’s come straight from the U21 side to the Premier League in one big jump so why can’t Arblaster do the same and replace Hamer? Arblaster is arguably better than Brooks on paper as well so he should be a real asset for us and giving him Premier League experience will make him a better player like we are seeing with Brooks. Hamer needs to play for his shirt when Arblaster is back from injury.

Arblaster has every chance of making it, the signs are good but it's no guarantee, and to put him currently in the same conversation as Hamer is madness

For every Ndiaye and Brooks, there is 20 Slew's, Di Girolamo's, Woodburn's, Reed's

I actually think since the break he's looked leaner and gets about the pitch better - but seems to disappear after about an hour - at this stage of the season, for a player who has been basically ever-present,I don't really understand how he looks unfit - maybe because he's constantly being overrun and chasing athletes.

As the above says - I think if he stays he'll be excellent in the champ - I can't see another prem team going for him unless coventry manage playoffs

The problem is that the Premier League is a really good standard.

Personally I think he's been about as good as we realistically could have hoped for. That's not knocking him either, as I also think he would be decent in a lot of other Premiership teams.

Assuming we have him next season I think he'll do very well.

its not the position.....you simply can't give the ball away as much as Hamer does. I thought Vinny was the chief culprit at this, but Hamer actually far exceeds him. It puts us under so much pressure.

I think we have been sold a dud.
He's been parachuted into a failing Premier League team. He was a "Rolls Royce" of a midfielder in the Championship, in multiple seasons.

Back
Top Bottom