Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And he's apparently on 70k a week. No wonder we're feeding off scraps.
And Dyche said the deal was definitely favourable to Everton so lord only knows what we’ve spunked on this signing

I had a look at the tackle from different angles, with the theory:

Did Mitoma get a slight touch on the ball first, causing Holgate to kick only air and therefore hit Mitoma with far more force than he intended?

But it seems Mitoma did not get a touch on the ball...

I’m not excusing that tackle, because it’s a shocker for me, but do you remember when the Fulham keeper pretty much did that to bogle in our last relegation? They said that it’s wasn’t a pen because he’d accidentally got a bit of the ball with his wrong leg. Well. Mason got a bit of the ball.

And as an aside, was it even a corner for their first goal because I thought Wellbeck just headed it out?

If we can get out of this loan deal all the better. He should never play for us again. Disgusting. And he has form for this. Worldwide fans are saying should not play again this season. I agree

It was a mistimed tackle that deservedly got a red card, don’t be so ridiculous.

I remember all of the comments after the win against Luton, saying how he wasn’t good enough…

Everton fan I play cricket with at nets tonight. Thanks for taking Holgate off us...followed by uncontrolled laughter.

Fact is, tell me another CB we could have got with no money and them knowing it was a losing battle.

Because he’s the best option, and that quite clearly shows the problem.
Is he? Why? I’m not saying we’ve loads of options, but he’s consistently shown a weak mindset and doesn’t seem to want to be here.

Is he? Why? I’m not saying we’ve loads of options, but he’s consistently shown a weak mindset and doesn’t seem to want to be here.

I’d have thought it was obvious why. Who else would you go with? They’re all a much of a muchness.

Just seen that he's averaging 1 red card every 12 Premier League games over last 36 matches... thats crazy high!

Also, on his full home league debut at his last 2 clubs (Southampton and Sheffield United) he has been on the end of a 0-5 drubbing.

Well. Mason got a bit of the ball.
Which one? Mitoma’s left one?
You’re correct though. Watched the replay & Holgate actually touched the football with both feet in the process of scything Mitoma in half with the follow through.
A shocker of a challenge indeed.

Should Holgate ever play for us again?

George Santos was sent off against WBA in the Battle of Bramall Lane and never played for the Blades again.

Was Holgate's tackle worse than Santos?

Saw it back when I got home and definitely a red but listening to hinchcliffe again commentating saying he went for the man I don't agree with. Why the hell does he get so much air time, he seems to be on most games

Should Holgate ever play for us again?

George Santos was sent off against WBA in the Battle of Bramall Lane and never played for the Blades again.

Was Holgate's tackle worse than Santos?

Santos went out to literally cripple the bloke.
There was history in that one.

Holgate’s was just horribly mistimed.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

He is utter shit. What a waste of a signing and a waste of a paycheck. And no doubt, once we give him the heave-ho, some other club with more money than sense will give him a contract.

Its quite obvious with the way Chris tried to semi defend it- that the Management team had told them to get about them early don't let them fancy dan around you. Holgate didn't go in to tackle like that- he totally mis-timed getting the ball and ended up with this nightmare.

For me he didn't intentionally try to hurt him , just awful timing. He's here now til end odf season, definitely would ignore the noise about never play for us again. Thats nonsense.

The strangest thing was that after the tackle, nobody had jumped about, pushed and shoved or ran in and surrounded the referee.

It was only on the second viewing that we saw how bad it was. Another Charlie Goode-like loan spell where that could be the last we see of Holgate.

Because he’s the best option, and that quite clearly shows the problem.
He isn't though (at least, not IMHO). From what I saw on Sunday, Vini was the one trying to get the other players going. Baldock (when fit) or Vini would be my choice.

Excellent from the lad today. Steady and assured. Reads danger well, kept it simple on the deck and a good turn of pace when he needed it.

Responded well following a nightmare start and is improving with more game time. Delighted for him and if he can maintain his standards, I’d like us to go for him in the summer.

Fuck Everton and Southampton - there’s a decent defender here.

Excellent from the lad today. Steady and assured. Reads danger well, kept it simple on the deck and a good turn of pace when he needed it.

Responded well following a nightmare start and is improving with more game time. Delighted for him and if he can maintain his standards, I’d like us to go for him in the summer.

always knew he’d come good 🤣

I'd be delighted if we sign him

Back
Top Bottom