Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With any luck he’ll be banned for the season.

Can anyone explain what we had to gain by signing him? Money spent could have been used to build a squad for next season in the championship, bring in a development player or improve the contracts of those that we want to stay .

Total embarrassment. Didn’t see it clearly at the time from the South Stand but he’s let everyone down with that today. Should be deducted two weeks wages. He won’t care. That’s pin money for todays modern day footballer.

Send him back I’d rather one of the young kids be in the team that that knob head.

So you’d be happy to see that kind of tackle every week on our players? It was a straight red all day long.

In fairness, I'd argue that off the top of my head, Brentford got away with at least a couple worse.

In fairness, I'd argue that off the top of my head, Brentford got away with at least a couple worse.

The Brentford one was much worse but little old Sheffield United don't get that decision despite the fact it could have broken Souza's leg. Not even sure the player got booked nevermind a free kick.

The ref already carded Holgate but VAR was right on it with this one.

Can see what he's trying to do... Win the ball with his right foot and follow through but he's missed the ball entirely with his right foot so it looks awful.

I get he's trying to make a mark and rough up the opposition but he's let us down badly today

They’re all reds. Doesn’t make this one less of one

Didn’t say it did, just pointing out that we have been unhappy with worse/similar tackles that haven’t all resulted in reds.

Didn’t say it did, just pointing out that we have been unhappy with worse/similar tackles that haven’t all resulted in reds.
I’d agree, but Pittsburgh’s point is a shocker. Anyone saying this isn’t a red is way off the mark

Wilder should accept his apology and send him back. He’s shit anyway.

That doesn’t make Holgate’s tackle any better. I would cancel his loan now, he’s worse than useless.

If we can get out of this loan deal all the better. He should never play for us again. Disgusting. And he has form for this. Worldwide fans are saying should not play again this season. I agree

I had a look at the tackle from different angles, with the theory:

Did Mitoma get a slight touch on the ball first, causing Holgate to kick only air and therefore hit Mitoma with far more force than he intended?

But it seems Mitoma did not get a touch on the ball...

In the stadium, you saw him pause slightly to try and make sure that rather than just winning the ball, he'd take the man too. He's an idiot. Hopefully it's not part of a team wide plan to "let them know you're there". The game doesn't allow that anymore

Back
Top Bottom