Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Excellent from the lad today. Steady and assured. Reads danger well, kept it simple on the deck and a good turn of pace when he needed it.

Responded well following a nightmare start and is improving with more game time. Delighted for him and if he can maintain his standards, I’d like us to go for him in the summer.

Fuck Everton and Southampton - there’s a decent defender here.
The Lion of Brentford.

I guess we shouldn't judge a player straight away, glad we are now seeing how good a player he is.

Need to get him in on loan ASAP for next season.

We aren’t paying the stupid money Everton will pay and no one going to buy him. Needs to get signed up now.

Can cover RCB / RB / RWB.

What a surprise!!
Folk coming to realise that yet again we over rate terribly average players while choosing to jump on a player who’s clearly better than anything we have before he’s kicked a ball.

Yes, he fucked up hugely with that sending off. However he’s probably only player we have at the back capable of being part of a revolution to improve the squad.
Sadly, he will probably be off not to return in a few weeks.

What a surprise!!
Folk coming to realise that yet again we over rate terribly average players while choosing to jump on a player who’s clearly better than anything we have before he’s kicked a ball.

Yes, he fucked up hugely with that sending off. However he’s probably only player we have at the back capable of being part of a revolution to improve the squad.
Sadly, he will probably be off not to return in a few weeks.
hes had 1 decent game for us he was awful in the championship with southampton and was deservedly dropped we need better

hes had 1 decent game for us he was awful in the championship with southampton and was deservedly dropped we need better
Looked solid since coming back after his red. No idea how he played at Southampton, but has looked to give us balance with Robinson on the opposite side. Which is probably why Anel looked better all of a sudden.

Losing Robinson and then Holgate yesterday just exposed how poor we are without these two

He's on loan and we have no chance of signing him back up next season.
Little point in playing him, our season's done.

He's on loan and we have no chance of signing him back up next season.
Little point in playing him, our season's done.

Why wouldn’t we have any chance of getting him on loan again next season? What am I missing?

Why wouldn’t we have any chance of getting him on loan again next season? What am I missing?

Everton will look to offset the majority of his salary in any loan deal, or sell him due to FFP concerns.

We can't afford either option.

*If his deal is up and he's on a free, he'll be looking for a lot more than we can pay on a permanent contract.

Everton will look to offset the majority of his salary in any loan deal, or sell him due to FFP concerns.

We can't afford either option.

*If his deal is up and he's on a free, he'll be looking for a lot more than we can pay on a permanent contract.

Possibly true. I’m not sure exactly what Everton would look to do, as it might also depend on what the player wants, so I won’t be jumping to the conclusion that it’s an impossibility.

Every chance we sign him. Where else will he go? The PL?

I think we'll look to address the wage bill last season and not have too much disparity.
It's an opportunity for a reset with all the big earners leaving.

He's local, and he's here.. so perhaps LJBlade is right that there's a chance.
I just find it doubtful.

Back
Top Bottom