Hated former players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was a back line he brought in,that got us promotion.He may have played a small part in that, do you think, or was that lucky too?
Seems a weird reaction to what was a very good original point. That being that had Wilder had to retain the existing back line, we might not have been blessed with so much success. I don't think anyone is suggesting that his choice of defenders was purely down to luck.

I genuinely hope you’re being sarcastic??

He gave his all and worked well with gayle.

The reception after his Sunderland cock ups next match v spurs showed how he was rated.
Not being sarcastic at all.

Just my opinion, but Beesley was a poor footballer who fitted into Harry’s ‘just pump it upfield’ style of football.

As I stated previously, I don’t hate the guy he just left me thinking how can a professional footballer get the basics wrong so often.

For the record the ONLY Blades player I’ve ever hated was Piggy Curran.

I think people have now forgiven him because he said it wasn't his fault in his book, I still don't believe him myself and I won't be reading his book to find out.

Not read his book BUT he was thrown under the bus by McCabe.
We wanted the money Colin was prepared to pay to get him to QPR and it suited the biggest Blade of all to make it look like Kenny wanted out.

Not being sarcastic at all.

Just my opinion, but Beesley was a poor footballer who fitted into Harry’s ‘just pump it upfield’ style of football.

As I stated previously, I don’t hate the guy he just left me thinking how can a professional footballer get the basics wrong so often.

For the record the ONLY Blades player I’ve ever hated was Piggy Curran.
Fair enough, sorry to be assumptive. I guess after watching Steve Thompson, Darren Carr, Brian Smith, etc. a couple of seasons beforehand, my expectations were set artificially lower!!

It was a back line he brought in,that got us promotion.He may have played a small part in that, do you think, or was that lucky too?
Eh?
He was lucky because so many of the dross players from the previous season left the club, which meant he wasn't stuck with them, hence giving him the opportunity to sign better players.
I didn't think it was that difficult to understand what I meant.

Fair enough, sorry to be assumptive. I guess after watching Steve Thompson, Darren Carr, Brian Smith, etc. a couple of seasons beforehand, my expectations were set artificially lower!!
No worries my friend, yes there were some pretty dire Blades teams around that period.

Makes the past 5 seasons seem like the Champions League !

Seems to be a lot of hatred on here for Tony Mcmahon, but although I can remember him playing, nothing in my memory stands out as being any worse than most of the other shite we had playing at the time (and we had lots of shite.) Maybe I was drinking too much beer before the games he played in.....

I think it's more he was a twat than particularly bad at football. I agree he was no worse than the majority at the time.

Dean Hammond, Martin Woolford, Jordan Stewart

Then there's Martin Smith, Nick Blackman, Marcus Bent etc. not because i didn't like them, but because they left us in the shit
Brian Deane deserted us twice, Billy Sharp celebrated and wound up our crowd at the Lane in 2010, playing for Doncaster.

I thought he was great when he was with us, but I remember when he came back to Bramall Lane when he was at Burnley in the early 2000's and he was a lairy cunt.
It was a bad-tempered match that day (Warnock and their manager Stan Ternant weren't the best of friends) and he was very involved, wading into every confrontation.
If this is the match I'm thinking of, couldn't see most of it due to the fog!

Not sure if Paddy Kenny has been mentioned yet?

My recollection is that when he got suspended for failing drug tests, he spent a season or more taking a wage from us and then cleared off at the first opportunity when the ban was lifted. Didn't hate him, but felt let down by his lack of loyalty.

This may be harsh / unfair, so happy to be corrected.

If anybody wants to know the story from his side (without wasting your brass on the book) listen to him on undr the cosh podcast, or watch it on YouTube.

He speaks about his side of that whole drugs ban and sale to qpr debacle, we know mcabe had money at the back of every move he made, so after hearing what happened, the hate wasn't there from me anymore, I know who's story I believe, its not kmc.

Watching MGW celebrating in front of the Wolves fans after scoring a pen in the wrong shootout hasn't done his rep any favours for me.

Maybe he's just caught the "I'm a cunt" fever that is epidemic around Forest.

Marlon King, but it could have been worse, it could have been Marlon Harewood.

Leon Clarke was another one too. But he turned it around and won me over. More goals scored for us than for the pigs is a big winner. Also scoring 2 against the pigs helped his case even more.

I hated Dean Windass from the moment we signed him. And I was proven correct.

And Brian Howard after it became apparent that he was a bit of a fraud.

They are the only two players I can think of that I have ever hated. I even found the likes of Ashley Ward, Connor Sammon and Dean Hammond amusing in an odd sort of way.
You Say Amusing most others say Wankers

Watching MGW celebrating in front of the Wolves fans after scoring a pen in the wrong shootout hasn't done his rep any favours for me.

I loved Henderson when he was here and think he was a superb goalie (far better than Ramsdale) but since he's gone I can't help but thinking he's a bit of a tit, every time I see or hear anything of him.
He was strutting about the pitch like Conor McGregor after the full time whistle last night. Just looks a bit of an arrogant bell end. His exit interview from Man Utd was ill advised.

Seems to be a lot of hatred on here for Tony Mcmahon, but although I can remember him playing, nothing in my memory stands out as being any worse than most of the other shite we had playing at the time (and we had lots of shite.) Maybe I was drinking too much beer before the games he played in.....
I think it was the game at Crawley when he scored two direct free kicks which slightly redeemed him in my eyes but there was no need for his general cheating, goading and winding up of other players and referees.

The player I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned was Febian Brandy who managed to get himself sent off twice in a few weeks not too long after he signed. He missed more games through suspension than he played before he was loaned out.

I loved Henderson when he was here and think he was a superb goalie (far better than Ramsdale) but since he's gone I can't help but thinking he's a bit of a tit, every time I see or hear anything of him.
He was strutting about the pitch like Conor McGregor after the full time whistle last night. Just looks a bit of an arrogant bell end. His exit interview from Man Utd was ill advised.

We had blinkers on. All oppo fans thought he was a cunt. He is a cunt.

Paul Devlin was great for us - till he decided he wanted to play for his beloved Brum, then he turned into a proper dick. Could have been remembered as a great Blade - for me he's mostly remembered as being a mardy knob.

I would've thought that he'd been getting shit from the Wolves fans all game so likely was responding to their treatment of him.

I never like it when ex-players give us grief when they're playing against us but I understand it when our fans have given them an earful all game.

Just remembered George Santos! Kicked it all off with WBA, but could have maybe cut him some slack if he wasn't so fuckin' useless. His passes could find the touchline from anywhere on the pitch. Rather like Guus Uhlenbeek being able to find the top tier of the Bramall Lane stand with every cross.

Callum Robinson. Shit at football. Cunt.

Back
Top Bottom