Hated former players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A few of my mates played 1st and 2nd year pros at Chez and they assure me that it is.
I worked with a guy about 10 years ago who was in our U21s/fringe of 1st team when Chief played for us.
He mentioned that Chief was still living in Huddersfield when he played for us, and would tell his wife the journey from Sheffield to Huddersfield took an hour longer than it did as he had a stop off for some "relief" on the way home.

I worked with a guy about 10 years ago who was in our U21s/fringe of 1st team when Chief played for us.
He mentioned that Chief was still living in Huddersfield when he played for us, and would tell his wife the journey from Sheffield to Huddersfield took an hour longer than it did as he had a stop off for some "relief" on the way home.
An hour? A tug over Namibian netball players wrestling in marmite takes about 2 mins.

Even if he stopped off at his Chesterfield "entertainment centre", can't have been more than 5 mins.

He used to come on for the last 10 minutes for United, and looked fucked after his first "run" for the ball.

I now know why he always looked fucked. He'd spent the previous night bleeding his weasel!

An hour? A tug over Namibian netball players wrestling in marmite takes about 2 mins.

Even if he stopped off at his Chesterfield "entertainment centre", can't have been more than 5 mins.

He used to come on for the last 10 minutes for United, and looked fucked after his first "run" for the ball.

I now know why he always looked fucked. He'd spent the previous night bleeding his weasel!
Big lad apparently, the poor lasses were probably lubing up.

Can I nominate Ian Hamilton? Maybe not hate, but when I saw him play it made me irrationally angry.

After watching him as a 10 year old it also convinced me that I could, like him, become a professional footballer. And for that lie / shattered dream my dislike could be classed as hate.
I can agree that Hamilton was dogger for us.

This will be hard to believe for most of you, but when he played for Scunthorpe United he was magnificent. My brother used to rave about him all the time. I took in a load of Scunny games in the late 80s and 90s and invariably he was excellent when I did see them play.

I can agree that Hamilton was dogger for us.

This will be hard to believe for most of you, but when he played for Scunthorpe United he was magnificent. My brother used to rave about him all the time. I took in a load of Scunny games in the late 80s and 90s and invariably he was excellent when I did see them play.
I just don't understand what his skill set was?
He was Paul Thirlwell levels of anonymous yet with none of the tackling or defensive positioning.

A few players I’ve not felt were the quality quality we needed or put the effort in we needed - but the only players I felt ashamed that they were wearing the kit and seriously felt like staying sat down if they scored was king and ched evans

Never hated any player that wore the Blades shirt. My dislike centres around players who clearly didn't want to be here in the last year of their contract, Lundstram being a prime example and disrespecting the club post leaving. Ramsdale fits into that category.

One of the most puzzling is Nathan Blake. He seems to have created an imaginary abuse by Blades to justify his statement he hoped we got relegated after all he did for us? Which was what? Played a few games, scored a few goals, we sang his name. Lots of players have done that for us that deserved more respect.

Hope our present players don't read this thread, this will be them in years to come.
Berge- Big lazy bastard, never broke sweat.
N'daye - Money grabbing twat, left us in the shit.
Brewster- wage thief.

Usual suspects:
- pisshole-eyed, lumbering dickhead John Lundstram
- Ched “I don’t get nearly enough stick for fucking up our promotion push with my anaemic, unwanted Welsh todger” Evans
- Sweaty-sauna handed, back of his own net resident Robin Olsen.

Unusual one:
- Callum Robinson: seemed a nice enough lad, but watching him play for us, neshing out of any contact and looking bewildered almost every minute he was on the pitch would send me into paroxysms of rage that even I must admit were massively disproportionate.

Jose Baxter, Adams and McNulty. All three couldn't give a toss, more bothered about their tattoo's, nights out and other shit. Did fuck all to earn the wage they earned.

Ryan Flynn. Shite, but turned it on when his contract was coming to an end, then once succeeded, became shite again.

Marlon King. Cunt. Glad he didn't stick around, wouldn't have cheered if he scored.

Lee Hendrie. Again, couldn't give a shit.

Don't hate shit players, but hate players who obviously don't give a shit or don't put in the effort. Most of our shit players at least have grafted and tried.

Dave Kitson - The biggest cheating whinger/moaner/diver/cheater we've ever had. And he was fuckin' crap too.....
Didn’t particularly hate him, he just wound me up as all he wanted to do was win a free kick and not the ball, as you say, diving, cheating waster.

Calvert - Lewin, liked him at The Lane, but gone and spoiled himself by giving it the big billy/silly bollocks fashion shite, generally a sign that your football is going to go down the pan when frigging around like that.

Shaun Derry was a bit of a nob when we played against him.
Met him in a pub once by total fluke. Really nice chap it seemed. Granted he was still a United player at the time. He bought me and my mate a drink and chatted for a few minutes. He said Warnock thought "tactics were a type of sweat"! Still makes me smile now when I recall it!

Who was that shit Australian winger in Blackwells team neshed out of every challenge hated him.

Gary Madine, I know he's turned it around for a lot of our fans (fair enough).

But I was out that night when he layed into a Sheff United fan whilst playing Wednesday, was a twattt.

Sort of goes without saying, all midfielders Ive just noticed, so I will put Ramsdale, McMahon ,Long and Thompson in there too.
George Long?

I didn't hate George Long. I hate that the club thought he was good enough for such a long time. Terrible keeper. Capable of a good save but so is every keeper.

Diego De Girolamo.

Never seen the prospect of fame or the prospect of a top level football career go to a youth teams players head as quickly as it went to his.
Brian the Blade gave him went to his head. Believe you me.

Do you know that it went to his head though?

That’s how it came across to me with all the social media stuff and complaints he wasn’t in the first team, and all the stuff over his contracts.

It was disappointing as when he first came through I had high hopes for him as in his first couple of cameos he looked a genuine talent, but he called up for the Italy u20s and all of a sudden his agent seemed to be hawking him around Europe. It also said a lot that successive managers didn’t seem to like him. Clough and Adkins rarely played him, and Wilder couldn’t get him out of the door quick enough.

Having said around the time there was plenty of United players I grew to despise, because I got fucked off with year after year of League One and seeing the same old players not exactly busting a gut. I can handle players not being the best as long as they put a shift in, but we had plenty who just seemed to be along for the ride

Back
Top Bottom